ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball VIDEO: Coach Pike talks about the newcomers

Great interview. Pike is a smart guy and he’s well respected in the community. He’s gonna get it done here. He does seem a little low on energy though. Also when you hear the pg questions one can’t help but wonder how much better off this team would be with Corey this season. Could’ve made the difference.

Coach Pikeill rarely has his full voice. I kind of feel bad for the guy. He is dedicating so much to this program. I know he is well compensated, but still, I just hope it doesn't wear him down too much.

One thing about the players he has is that even if they are a step slow, they can make up for it with their long limbs.

Any update on Peter Kiss?

Reactions: BillyC80
Great interview. Pike is a smart guy and he’s well respected in the community. He’s gonna get it done here. He does seem a little low on energy though. Also when you hear the pg questions one can’t help but wonder how much better off this team would be with Corey this season. Could’ve made the difference.
Lolll Pike low energy? Stop

Coach Pikeill rarely has his full voice. I kind of feel bad for the guy. He is dedicating so much to this program. I know he is well compensated, but still, I just hope it doesn't wear him down too much.

One thing about the players he has is that even if they are a step slow, they can make up for it with their long limbs.

Peter Kiss is probably the front runner to start at 2G right now.

Reactions: Scangg
Low energy would be probably one of the last ways id describe Pike. Watch him coach a single game, watch how him and his staff recruits and sells their vision.

We got the right guy with this sport.

Lolll Pike low energy? Stop

Just in that video. I remember him more enthusiastic last season.

I think he's trying to be thoughtful and careful not to put too much pressure on the kids while not talk them down either. He's more thoughtful here.

Reactions: BillyC80 and RUsojo
Compared to Mike Rice, Pike is low energy I suppose....since he doesn't whip balls at the players at practice.

That is conversational Pikiell. That's how he sounds when I've spoken with him

Gotcha. Last time I shook his hand and got a chance to chat he was more cheerful - might’ve just been the setting.

Gotcha. Last time I shook his hand and got a chance to chat he was more cheerful - might’ve just been the setting.
When he spoke with you he knew he was speaking to an RU fan, so you got the fan treatment. Can't really expect a Coach to be that way with the media. At least not typically

Reactions: Scangg
When he spoke with you he knew he was speaking to an RU fan, so you got the fan treatment. Can't really expect a Coach to be that way with the media. At least not typically

Didn’t think about it that way. Wish we had a coach who treated everyone equally but it is what it is.

ADVERTISEMENT