ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball VIDEO: Steve Pikiell talks offseason, new face and more

I can not understand why some people here attack him the way they do. Every coach can be criticized for some things they did or did not do but the job this guy has done and continues to do is outstanding. Go to the football board and read responses to posts about the lack of respect for RU football and the overwhelming response is win and we earn that respect. Well, what has Pike done? He has earned the respect for RU basketball. Glad we have him.

Of course he's going to be positive about his team. He's not going to say so and so had a bad offseason and stinks coming in. What stands out are some of the individual comments he made about guys like Woolfolk and Simpson. He was more specific there. Post Edited- I think Woolfolk may be a good player for us, so the least I can do is spell his name right!

Last edited:
When they ask him about having coaches back, he speaks so highly of Knight, Hobbs and TJ but also includes Mike Larkin, Tom (Barrett) and Steve Hayn. That's leadership.

If Steve retires as the R Hoops coach, we will be putting up a Pike statue out in front of Jersey Mike’s. I am enjoying every minute of this!!
Can't wait for the Pike statue 🙌

At this point, I think he is my favorite coach of all time in any sport. He is the first super positive coach that I've really liked too, but that is what is needed to coach kids today IMO. Overall they don't respond well to old school coaching anymore

Can't wait for the Pike statue 🙌

At this point, I think he is my favorite coach of all time in any sport. He is the first super positive coach that I've really liked too, but that is what is needed to coach kids today IMO. Overall they don't respond well to old school coaching anymore
Most people didn’t respond to old school coaching even when it was mainstream

• Haha
Reactions: Scangg
I don’t believe I heard him say that this team is the best he’s coached.

We’re doomed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT