ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia Tech Parking?

dfr1966

Junior
Feb 1, 2006
Has anyone decided where they're going to park at Virginia Tech? I've done some research and there are houses and churches that allow parking but the rates aren't available anywhere online so they could be anything. The VT website listed a few off campus places within a 20 minute walk from the stadium, I'm thinking right now about Beeks Elementary School, says it's a 17 min walk to the stadium or the Airport West Runway Lot, says its 10 min.

Has anyone found anything else?

Has anyone decided where they're going to park at Virginia Tech? I've done some research and there are houses and churches that allow parking but the rates aren't available anywhere online so they could be anything. The VT website listed a few off campus places within a 20 minute walk from the stadium, I'm thinking right now about Beeks Elementary School, says it's a 17 min walk to the stadium or the Airport West Runway Lot, says its 10 min.

Has anyone found anything else?
I posted in several threads, but they have sunk 5-8 pages with each day's barrage of posts. Try calling the church at the Church on Main 540-552-3869

Were you able to buy it through Virginia Tech? Parking passes on the secondary market are crazy expensive
Here is an option, Blacksburg PUBLIC PARKING is only enforced until 5 p.m:

Parking lots P4-P11 are all within walking distance to Lane. P6 is 0.7 or 0.8 miles. Parking is $1/hour. P7 is a garage, and P11 is Huckleberry trail lot. Lots of options if you arrive early enough.

Here is a link to the parking map (PDF):

Parking lots P4-P11 are all within walking distance to Lane. P6 is 0.7 or 0.8 miles. Parking is $1/hour. P7 is a garage, and P11 is Huckleberry trail lot. Lots of options if you arrive early enough.

Thanks, I'm definitely planning to arrive early!

Were you able to buy it through Virginia Tech? Parking passes on the secondary market are crazy expensive
I got mine off the secondary market a while ago, I didn't want to worry about finding parking on gameday.

We really do....but the same people will bitch until the end of time....it's comical.
Tennessee adding its 10% to tickets to fund its NIL is just the beginning. Soon more and more will follow them. Sadly we seem to continue to find new things to complain about on a weekly basis. Water bottles lol

Reactions: rutgersal
Stubhub $180 bucks a month ago including fees. To drive 7 hours to Blacksburg for shitty seats or parking is not part of my plan.
That’s wild how expensive it is for gameday parking. I only paid $300 to park my RV at the Inn all weekend!

You are a font of information.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Blacksburg breakfast lions club on Warren street. Got parking passes as soon as they went on sale.

Blacksburg breakfast lions club on Warren street. Got parking passes as soon as they went on sale.
Hope you are ready for some rowdiness - have never been there myself, but was poking around on google maps and VT message boards and found this:
Wild Turkey Tailgate
VT fans complaining about student behavior

Which is funny, because I found the VT fans to be a bunch of pu$$ies last year - only time I've had a problem in our own stadium.

Hope you are ready for some rowdiness - have never been there myself, but was poking around on google maps and VT message boards and found this:
Wild Turkey Tailgate

Which is funny, because I found the VT fans to be a bunch of pu$$ies last year - only time I've had a problem in our own stadium.
Dear Lord, they’re bitching about a fence being knocked over. Sounds like our endlessly bitching fans.

Seriously.
Yeah, I'm seriously frugal (cheap!!).

Dear Lord, they’re bitching about a fence being knocked over. Sounds like our endlessly bitching fans.
Message Board/Social Media in a nutshell:

1. Look at the disgusting things those students did.
2. Young people suck
3. No, their parents must suck.
4. No you suck.
5. You commie
6. You fascist
7. You must hate the planet and don't believe in global warming
8. You must drive an EV
9. You voted for the wrong person
10. They were the least worst alternative
11. Lather, rinse repeat

• Haha
Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Wild Turkey Tailgate

Bring it on. Isn't that what gamedays are all about. Meeting friends whose son graduated a few years ago and he raves about this location. We shall see.

Reactions: HPNJRUfan

Thank you very helpful

Reactions: Knight Shift
Thank you very helpful
More options ($20):

Perry St parking garage was $25ish on Saturday with the parkmobile app. 12-15 minute walk maybe?

Progress street is free if you can find a spot (only on saturdays and Sunday’s) it is about a 20min walk to the stadium but you would get to walk through downtown and some pretty parts of campus

there is a parking lot with a 5min walk to Lane at the corner of Edgewood Ln and Southgate, use 580 Edgewood Ln in google maps https://campbellparking.wordpress.com/faqs/

Park behind Sharkeys/Chipotle. It’ll be like $2-$3 max until 6pm. Easy peazy getting out of the lot too

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT