ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Vito Arujau vs. Sammy Alvarez CONFIRMED - July 25th

Freestyle? Curious as to what weight they go. Arujau is a 125 and Alvarez is a bigger 133

As announced today by FloWrestling, Sammy Alvarez will be battling Cornell’s Vito Arujau in a freestyle match on July 25th. The bout is one of several star-studded match ups on the card.

Arujau, who is a cadet and junior World silver medalist, was also an All-American for the Big Red in 2019 at 125-lbs. Arujau, like Alvarez, brings an explosive and fast pace to the mat, which should make for a very fun match.

Click the link below for more story and analysis on Sammy Alvarez vs. Vito Arujau!
https://rutgers.rivals.com/news/rutgers-sammy-alavrez-to-take-on-vito-arujau-at-flowrestling-event

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Saw his match against Suriano. Sammy's going to get smoked in this one.

Last edited:
Sammy lost 16-5. He’s just not experienced enough in Freestyle, Arajau is world class. Like I’ve said prior I’d much rather see this match in Folkstyle where Sammy can use his scrambling skills. Sammy did hit a Nice 4 pt move and was actually ahead 5-3 at break but then Vito took over in 2nd.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
FloWrestling
@FloWrestling

·
10m

Update: We will be back after a 20-30 minute break. None of the four matches remaining will happen until its fixed. We’re sorry

1f615.svg

Quote Tweet

tt6x2gHB_normal.jpg

FloWrestling
@FloWrestling
· 22m
We’re aware of the issue with our stream and have paused wrestling as we work on a resolution.

I'd like to see Sammy be more aggressive and offensive looking to score from his shots, rather than relying mostly on counters, defense and funk. He has all the tools to do all of that and it will make him a title contender.

Reactions: Jersey Boys
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT