ADVERTISEMENT

Vlad Manuel

knights1212

Heisman Winner
Sep 9, 2003
I see that Manuel was just released from his commitment to Penn State. What is it with this guy. he committed to Seton hall, than St. Joe's than went JUCO than committed to St. John's and than to Penn State and now he is looking again. He was outstanding at The Patrick School and was much better than Giorgi who is at Illinois when they were together at The Patrick School.PSU now only has one center.

Harcum’s staff has Villanova and Penn State ties. The Harcum head coach and his Dad are Somerset County NJ natives and Villanova grads (basketball student-assistant, baseball, respectively) and the Harcum assistant coach was a basketball student manager at Penn State.

IIRC, SHU couldn't get him enrolled. Then after committing to St. Joe's the head coach was fired. Same situation at St. John's. I don't think he ever enrolled at PSU. Maybe he decided that Happy Valley wasn't the right place for him.

Talented kid. I hope he finds what he is looking for.

IIRC, SHU couldn't get him enrolled. Then after committing to St. Joe's the head coach was fired. Same situation at St. John's. I don't think he ever enrolled at PSU. Maybe he decided that Happy Valley wasn't the right place for him.

Talented kid. I hope he finds what he is looking for.
Committed (?) to New Mexico.

I see that Manuel was just released from his commitment to Penn State. What is it with this guy. he committed to Seton hall, than St. Joe's than went JUCO than committed to St. John's and than to Penn State and now he is looking again. He was outstanding at The Patrick School and was much better than Giorgi who is at Illinois when they were together at The Patrick School.PSU now only has one center.
Manual was the star of that team. To be fair to Giorgi, he had just arrived from the country of Georgia and was trying to acclimate. His story is well documented. He was just trying to fit in and deferred to Manuel and others on the team. That is one reason he was such a surprise at Illinois. Underwood saw him one time and offered because of the skill set he saw. Pretty good evaluation.

That said, Giorgi is currently the back up center at Illinois. He is good enough to start at center at a lot of schools but is behind Kofi. Pretty nice 1-2 combo in the middle.

Suddenly it is a flashback to RU's days in the Big East and our board is infested with Shoe people like Slick and Vegas. What's next? You gonna start another Where's Peter Kiss thread?

Whatever happened to Hall91? He was a SHU homer and had a healthy disrespect for RU athletics.

Manual was the star of that team. To be fair to Giorgi, he had just arrived from the country of Georgia and was trying to acclimate. His story is well documented. He was just trying to fit in and deferred to Manuel and others on the team. That is one reason he was such a surprise at Illinois. Underwood saw him one time and offered because of the skill set he saw. Pretty good evaluation.

That said, Giorgi is currently the back up center at Illinois. He is good enough to start at center at a lot of schools but is behind Kofi. Pretty nice 1-2 combo in the middle.
The members of this Rutgers basketball forum appreciate your detailed and unsolicited posts about Illinois basketball. 🙃

The members of this Rutgers basketball forum appreciate your detailed and unsolicited posts about Illinois basketball. 🙃
I like to talk basketball. I have been very complimentary about Rutgers basketball for over a year now. I jumped on board before fans from other schools realized how good Rutgers was last year.

My Illinois comment was started by a reference to an Illinois player.

Why does this bother you? I’m not disparaging your team. I like to know about my team’s competition when the discussion is done in a respectful manner.

I like to talk basketball. I have been very complimentary about Rutgers basketball for over a year now. I jumped on board before fans from other schools realized how good Rutgers was last year.

Why does this bother you? I’m not disparaging your team. I like to know about my team’s competition when the discussion is done in a respectful manner.
You have been a pretty good poster from a competitor. I, for one, enjoy interactions with respectful posters from other teams. I really like Illinois this year. I am really looking forward to the two battles with you guys. Should be epic.

Reactions: RU Mike73

I like your posts as well. Vassar is trolling and doesn't share the views of most RU fans. Looking forward to playing you guys this year.

ADVERTISEMENT