ADVERTISEMENT

Vote for Arella for Senior Class Award

RUClassof67

All American
Gold Member
Jan 2, 2004
I know this is shown in another thread but if you can, please click on the link and vote for Arella. One-third of the decision comes from fan voting. You can vote as often as possible.

Reactions: pele78
She's actually in 4th place. The OP to this thread should be placed on the men's bball and football boards. Many there who would likely vote are less likely to check this board.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
She's actually in 4th place. The OP to this thread should be placed on the men's bball and football boards. Many there who would likely vote are less likely to check this board.
And you will see some of the ignorant posters on those boards question why it was even posted on "their" site. Like it's not a Rutgers sport that deserves any positive vibes.

Rennia Davis
University of Tennessee

Arella Guirantes
Rutgers University
23.7%
25.4%

Rennia Davis
University of Tennessee

Arella Guirantes
Rutgers University
23.7%
25.4%

To bump and observe - as of Thursday night (2/25):
Now it is Davis at 26.1% and Guirantes at 26 %

Strangely, the Univ of Maine player Millan still is in 3rd place with 18.6% based on the latest chart.

I say strangely since Univ of Maine is not exactly P5/6 (enrollment <12000) and I had not heard much of this player before, so it seems like Univ of Maine players don't get much publicity. She is ahead of Univ of Louisville Evans and players from UCLA, Gonzaga, etc. in the fan voting.
Must be Maine Bears organized voting or maybe the whole conference?
But the system permits that, so no complaints. Just an observation.
Maine is in first in the America East, so Millan is part of a good team.

But we need to keep voting for Arella.

Go RU!

And you will see some of the ignorant posters on those boards question why it was even posted on "their" site. Like it's not a Rutgers sport that deserves any positive vibes.
Please put it over there. There was just one bad apple in your last post as I know most got your reasoning and I would bet cash many would support this effort.
I got your back! Seriously. Please do it. Thanks.
Heck, I see there is voting for the men's award too so let them know that. Don't let the 5% knuckleheads get their way. Whether here, there, or anywhere in life.

If you folks don't feel comfy doing I will be more that happy to tomorrow as I am now moving into get the heck off technology mode for Friday night before I have another cocktail and say anything more stupid than usual. Yehaw.

Last edited:
Rennia Davis
University of Tennessee
28.3%

Arella Guirantes
Rutgers University
26.5%

Rennia Davis
University of Tennessee
28.3%

Arella Guirantes
Rutgers University
26.5%

So, the numbers as of now are even worse - Davis starting to pull away with more than 29%. Maybe there is a concerted effort in the SEC or just UT? The Auburn player is definitely lagging.
The Maine player Millan is still up there in 3rd. I did a little checking and she is a player from Spain, who is very talented and has been America East player of the year 2x (this year and 2019) as well as Defensive player of the year. Maybe she has her whole native country help vote for her as well as her conference mates?

Even though the vote counts for a 3rd of the scoring, I am hoping that Arella being in 2nd or 3rd (if it ends up that way) will be close enough to still earn this award. She definitely deserves it.

GO RU!

Reactions: Bon1674 and MADHAT1
She's solidly in 2nd place now. I think that Tennessee has more fans than RU has plus they have local network media to promote the contest. The Vols are pretty much the only action in that half of the state.

She's solidly in 2nd place now. I think that Tennessee has more fans than RU has plus they have local network media to promote the contest. The Vols are pretty much the only action in that half of the state.
They have far more fans of woman's bball and this darn system has zero controls on voting. "Post as often as you like"

I stood up on the other sites to promote. Your support on them to keep it active over there. (Bball and FB) would be helpful.

Last edited:
Yes, I saw that. Good job.

Hopefully more will vote. How long does the balloting go on? I've been voting for about 5 days now, twice each time.

All true. Tennessee has more fans than RU but that does not explain why Dana Evans (Louisville) is in a distant fourth (11.7%) as I write this nor why Millan is in 3rd with 19.9%.
Univ of Louisville has among the best attendance in the country for women's basketball and some of their fans have actually been able to attend some games this year. Now that I think of it, some Tenn fans have been able to attend some games as well. So, they might be able to get word out that way, too. (PA or scoreboard announcements to a few thousand people?)
I think Maine has not had fans in their stands and their livestream seems only available to international viewers. But their entire season's attendance (~16K) in previous years has been less than one sellout (22K) at the Yum Center for Louisville, so they have far fewer fans than Louisville, yet their player is doing better in the vote.

Anyway the voting continues until Mar 22 so there is a lot of time to continue to vote for AG.

GO RU!

Rennia Davis
University of Tennessee
30.4%
Dana Evans
University of Louisville
11.7%
Arella Guirantes
Rutgers University
25.4%
Blanca Millan
University of Maine
19.9%
Nancy Mulkey
Rice University
0.7%
Michaela Onyenwere
University of California, Los Angeles
1.4%
IImar’I Thomas
University of Cincinnati
3%
Unique Thompson
Auburn University
0.6%
Jill Townsend
Gonzaga University
5.2%
Mariah White
Cleveland State University

Rennia Davis
University of Tennessee
30.3%
Dana Evans
University of Louisville
11.4%
Arella Guirantes
Rutgers University
25%
Blanca Millan
University of Maine
21.1%
Nancy Mulkey
Rice University
0.7%
Michaela Onyenwere
University of California, Los Angeles
1.4%
IImar’I Thomas
University of Cincinnati
2.9%
Unique Thompson
Auburn University
0.6%
Jill Townsend
Gonzaga University
5.1%
Mariah White
Cleveland State University
1.6%

Don't look now: Blanca in moving closer to second place

Arella Guirantes
Rutgers University
24.9%
Blanca Millan
University of Maine
21.4%
in first:

Rennia Davis
University of Tennessee
30.2%

Rennia Davis
University of Tennessee
29.5%
Dana Evans
University of Louisville
11%
Arella Guirantes
Rutgers University
25.2%
Blanca Millan
University of Maine
22.2%

Guirantes still in 2nd
.05 behind Davis
.01 ahead of 3rd place Millan whose moving up fast.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT