9.2%
Arella Guirantes
Rutgers University
23%
Blanca Millan
University of Maine
27.8%
that's right Arella's in 3rd now.

I think the goid news is that if she keeps it close hoping the other 2/3 would be more than enough to offset. But keep voting 👍

Many a tear has to fall
But it's all in the game

Rennia Davis
University of Tennessee
28.8%
Dana Evans
University of Louisville
9.2%
Arella Guirantes
Rutgers University
23%
Blanca Millan
University of Maine
27.8%
that's right Arella's in 3rd now.
look at Blanca Millan's stats, look at who Maine has/hasn't played, etc. Nothing against her, or her team. But can't put her and Arella on the same basketball planet.

look at Blanca Millan's stats, look at who Maine has/hasn't played, etc. Nothing against her, or her team. But can't put her and Arella on the same basketball planet.
To be fair only 25% is supposed to be competition. She could equally be a fine young woman.
That being said vote AG! 😀

To be eligible for the award, student-athletes must be classified as NCAA Division I seniors and have notable achievements in four areas of excellence: community, classroom, character and competition
The competition might not be on par with a major conference, but if you just went by the type of teams played many deserving students wouldn't be eligible for the award.
Start nit-picking on the schedules that the student-athletes play and the award will eventually be for major conference players and not every senior will have a shot at winning.
Remember sports participation is just one of four achievements the seniors must have made an impression in to be nominated for the award.
Cleveland State has a player and if who the Vikings play becomes a part of the process, who can tell if Cleveland State will be a program that it's players will be allowed to compete for this award in the future. .
That said,Arellia needs a bunch of votes

Rennia Davis
University of Tennessee
29.5%
Dana Evans
University of Louisville
9%
Arella Guirantes
Rutgers University
22.7%
Blanca Millan
University of Maine
27.7%

Mariah White
Cleveland State University
1.3%

The Maine player might just take it.
Blanca is getting good support and looks like she's gaining traction

Rennia Davis
University of Tennessee
29.9%
Dana Evans
University of Louisville
8.4%
Arella Guirantes
Rutgers University
21.5%
Blanca Millan
University of Maine
29.3%

Rennia Davis
University of Tennessee
31.4%
Dana Evans
University of Louisville
8%
Arella Guirantes
Rutgers University
20.8%
Blanca Millan
University of Maine
29.2%

Not sure why but Arella keeps falling further behind. Let’s keep trying!
We have a theory that there is some automation going on with Univ of Maine votes or there are a lot of people in Spain and Maine with nothing to do except click on Millan. But since Davis is back in front, maybe Univ of Tenn fans figured a work around as well.
In one of my multiple votes this evening, I was asked to identify the photos in the grid that have taxis, so that is designed to fight automation of voting but that only happened once. Mostly it is just checking the box that I am not a robot which probably can be worked around, but I sure don't know how.
I would be curious to know how many votes there have been rather than just a percentage of the total. On the first day of voting, I could see the impact of my votes but now, my votes are not moving the needle, not surprisingly.
Oh well. We can keep trying so Arella can keep up ahead of the others below 3rd place.

Go RU!

Reactions: MADHAT1
Rennia Davis
University of Tennessee
31.7%
Dana Evans
University of Louisville
7.7%
Arella Guirantes
Rutgers University
20%
Blanca Millan
University of Maine
30.2%

New # 1 Blanca
Arella drops down to the teens
looks like RUWBB fans gave up the ghost

Rennia Davis
University of Tennessee
32.4%
Dana Evans
University of Louisville
6.7%
Arella Guirantes
Rutgers University
17.8%
Blanca Millan
University of Maine
33.7%

need some RPA help on this. Click back, and then reclick the check box and submit - Repeat. Let it run all day.

Rennia Davis
University of Tennessee
32.8%
Dana Evans
University of Louisville
6.6%
Arella Guirantes
Rutgers University
17.7%
Blanca Millan
University of Maine
33.6%

Davis back in lead

Rennia Davis
University of Tennessee
34.8%
Dana Evans
University of Louisville
6.3%
Arella Guirantes
Rutgers University
17%
Blanca Millan
University of Maine
32.9%

Not looking good for Arella

Rennia Davis
University of Tennessee
35%
Dana Evans
University of Louisville
5.9%
Arella Guirantes
Rutgers University
16%
Blanca Millan
University of Maine
34.4%
but for me it's
94b060fa1210cd6af5a549a46dd1eb46.gif

though I can understand why most will give up the ghost and concede Guirantes
will not take the prize and probably won't take 2nd either

Not looking good for Arella

Rennia Davis
University of Tennessee
35%
Dana Evans
University of Louisville
5.9%
Arella Guirantes
Rutgers University
16%
Blanca Millan
University of Maine
34.4%
but for me it's
94b060fa1210cd6af5a549a46dd1eb46.gif

though I can understand why most will give up the ghost and concede Guirantes
will not take the prize and probably won't take 2nd either

To rephrase and repeat a famous RU grad: Don't give up. Don't ever give up!
She may not win the "popular" vote but there are other components to the decision so until they announce the winner, I think she has a chance.
I have to believe that there is some automation in voting by certain parties. However, it does have to prompt the decision makers to look carefully at Univ Maine player Millan who might not have been considered as carefully, playing in a lesser conference. But we shall see how it goes. Arella deserves consideration and I think the award but it is a good competition and reflects well on her regardless of the final outcome.

Go RU! Beat the Buckeyes!

Rennia Davis
University of Tennessee
36%
Dana Evans
University of Louisville
5.6%
Arella Guirantes
Rutgers University
15.2%
Blanca Millan
University of Maine
35%

Rennia Davis
University of Tennessee
36.4%
Dana Evans
University of Louisville
5.2%
Arella Guirantes
Rutgers University
14.3%
Blanca Millan
University of Maine
36.2%
Arella moving down slowly while Rennia and Blanca are in a close race for 1st.

Has to be some automation for the other two candI dates. I have been voting regularly every day and never see any impact on Arella’s total. In the beginning you could see some change as a result of voting.

Has to be some automation for the other two candI dates. I have been voting regularly every day and never see any impact on Arella’s total. In the beginning you could see some change as a result of voting.
Exactly my view and experience. However in terms of not seeing an impact on Arella's tally now, it also could be because so many of us did vote, even manually, that our contributions are small for her. It is just that the other two have so many more votes. That is why I wish we could see the raw number of votes and not just a percentage.
For Univ Tenn, one could argue as was done earlier in this thread that they have way more fans who are just as dedicated as us. But that is not likely for the Univ of Maine player, so they both must have had some sort of way of automating or magnifying their votes. I am sure that the award committee is aware of this possibility (hence the no robot and captcha check to vote) which is why I am not too worried and just keep voting when I can.
If Davis or Millan have a few million or billion votes, then they have to know their system was imperfect

Go RU!

Rennia Davis
University of Tennessee
37%
Dana Evans
University of Louisville
4.9%
Arella Guirantes
Rutgers University
13.6%
Blanca Millan
University of Maine
36.8%

Rennia Davis
University of Tennessee
37.4%
Dana Evans
University of Louisville
4.7%
Arella Guirantes
Rutgers University
13.2%
Blanca Millan
University of Maine
37.2%

Rennia Davis
University of Tennessee
37.4%
Dana Evans
University of Louisville
4.7%
Arella Guirantes
Rutgers University
13.2%
Blanca Millan
University of Maine
37.2%
So, this has continued to be a two person race with Arella in 3rd. We have to keep voting to keep her there.

That said, I found a contact point on the Sr Class award webpage (in about, contact us tab) to send an email to the Senior Class award staff where I raised our concerns about automated voting for two of the candidates and asked them if they are aware. I pointed out that the gross number of votes would help them recognize that possibility. Since it is Sunday, I don't expect an answer anytime soon but if I get something worthwhile back, I will post.

Go RU!

NameVotes
Rennia Davis
University of Tennessee
37.7%
Dana Evans
University of Louisville
4.7%
Arella Guirantes
Rutgers University
13%
Blanca Millan
University of Maine
37.1%

NameVotes
Rennia Davis
University of Tennessee
37.7%
Dana Evans
University of Louisville
4.7%
Arella Guirantes
Rutgers University
13%
Blanca Millan
University of Maine
37.1%

Despite my low expectations for a response on a Sunday, I did get the following in an email (see my post just above ). You can conclude what you like from what was written. So maybe RU is not as good at campaigning in social media? This brings back my early theory that maybe the whole of Spain and Maine is voting for Millan
Maybe the votes will be discounted if they come from a bot? See below:

Quote from response:
Thanks for reaching out to us, as well as your support of the Senior CLASS Award.

We do monitor the voting. Fan voting is largely dependent on campaigning that schools and fans do on social media. If a student-athlete receives more campaigning, regardless of school size, they will generate more votes.

We also have systems in place to prevent fraudulent voting from bots and other voting scripts, and if that is deemed to have occurred, those votes will be nullified. Please note that while fan voting is important, it counts for 1/3 of the total, with the remaining 2/3 coming from NCAA Division I coaches and media members.

Regards,
Frank Lombardo

Premier Sports Management – Senior CLASS Award
9101 Barton
Overland Park, KS 66214
end quote

"TAWRU

Thanks for trying to make sure the voting is fair and for posting Frank Lombardo's reply to you.
Arella might be falling further and further behind, but the fight for first goes on for me and you.

Rennia Davis
University of Tennessee
37.9%
Dana Evans
University of Louisville
4.6%
Arella Guirantes
Rutgers University
12.8%
Blanca Millan
University of Maine
37.3%

Rennia Davis
University of Tennessee
38%
Dana Evans
University of Louisville
4.4%
Arella Guirantes
Rutgers University
12.3%
Blanca Millan
University of Maine
38.1%

Surely a board regular could contact the athletics department them put out a call-to-vote on the various twitter accounts.

Rennia Davis
University of Tennessee
38.1%
Dana Evans
University of Louisville
4.3%
Arella Guirantes
Rutgers University
12.1%
Blanca Millan
University of Maine
38.3%

Rennia Davis
University of Tennessee
38.7%
Dana Evans
University of Louisville
4.1%
Arella Guirantes
Rutgers University
11.8%
Blanca Millan
University of Maine
38.2%

There are 37,000 students at RU. If everyone was reminded to vote at the beginning of each class, Arella would be winning.

There are 37,000 students at RU. If everyone was reminded to vote at the beginning of each class, Arella would be winning.
Good thought but not necessarily if there is some level of automation on behalf of the Tenn and Maine players.
And you know that you will never get 37000 students to vote at beginning of each class. If you even got half of them would be a miracle and a great showing. But no guarantee.
Go RU!

Good thought but not necessarily if there is some level of automation on behalf of the Tenn and Maine players.
And you know that you will never get 37000 students to vote at beginning of each class. If you even got half of them would be a miracle and a great showing. But no guarantee.
Go RU!
We must think out of the box.
I'll probably be assessed a Technical Foul for this 😉
Have Dr. Salvador Mena, Rutgers-New Brunswick , Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs contact every student and tell them they will get extra credit ( in a class of their choice) if they vote for Arella at least 1,000 times.
Have the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs at Rutgers University -Newark and the one at RU-Camden do the same.
Turning students into bots will be the result and Guirantes will win with ease.
Or I'll be placed somewhere where my dumb ideas can't harm Rutgers academic reputation[roll]

Rennia Davis
University of Tennessee
38.9%
Dana Evans
University of Louisville
4.1%
Arella Guirantes
Rutgers University
11.7%
Blanca Millan
University of Maine
38.1%

getting closer to a single digit for Arella
Rennia Davis
University of Tennessee
39%
Dana Evans
University of Louisville
3.8%
Arella Guirantes
Rutgers University
10.9%
Blanca Millan
University of Maine
39.5%

getting closer to a single digit for Arella
Rennia Davis
University of Tennessee
39%
Dana Evans
University of Louisville
3.8%
Arella Guirantes
Rutgers University
10.9%
Blanca Millan
University of Maine
39.5%
Yes, she is losing ground but so are all of the others below her. Right now, a few hours later, Millan is a full percentage point ahead of Davis. We will see if that trend continues.
Today when I did my multiple votes, for one of my votes, I encountered the "identify the squares with motorcycles in the photo", which is supposed to stop bots. It only shows up at most 1 or 3% of the time. So. , that is not enough to discourage some level of automation.

Go RU!

Rennia Davis
University of Tennessee
38.9%
Dana Evans
University of Louisville
3.7%
Arella Guirantes
Rutgers University
10.8%
Blanca Millan
University of Maine
39.8%
I get hydrants, bicycles , motercycles and a few more to prove not a bot.
Mine about half the time I vote.
Voted 3 times now and 2 ( fire hydrant & traffic light)popped up

I get hydrants, bicycles , motorcycles and a few more to prove not a bot.
Mine about half the time I vote.
Voted 3 times now and 2 ( fire hydrant & traffic light)popped up
Interesting that you have had to prove more often than I have. I wonder if it is related to IP address or the speed of voting. I just voted 10 times quickly and got another set of squares to identify motorcycles after the 10th. Voted 2 more times and had to identify stairs. The speed of voting as well as volume maybe a factor? Definitely not half the time I vote but maybe I am an inferior voter so they know I am not a robot...
I also have a problem seeing the images to answer correctly but they seem to accept my answers.
Anyway, as of this evening (just before Purdue plays Iowa), Davis is back in front of Millan by about a percentage point and Arella is still above 10% but going down slowly.

GO RU!

ADVERTISEMENT