ADVERTISEMENT

Walk-on Estevez from Franklin

ChrisNalwasky

All American
Staff
Mar 25, 2018
Hey all, I was working on a story for TAPinto Franklin on Franklin High School's commits and I got in touch with Marcus Estevez, a wrestler who is coming to Rutgers as a walk-on at heavyweight.

Have only interacted with him a couple of times, but he is a great kid and a solid wrestler. I asked him quickly about his commitment and he said Rutgers can help him achieve his goals and that he wants to help the Scarlet Knights win.

Estevez placed fourth this winter as the No. 2 seed at heavyweight. He also went 44-3, owns a 121-36 career record, is a two-time Region champ, the 2020 District 17 champ, a Somerset County Champion, and the Skyland Conference Wrestler of the Year for this past season.

“I chose Rutgers because everything I need in order to become a successful athlete and student Rutgers has. I really like the coaching staff. They are going to push you to be a better athlete and as a person. I’m also friends with some of the incoming class because we all trained at the SKWC, so we are going to watch out for one another. Rutgers was just the perfect fit for me and there’s no place I’d rather be and I’m ready to compete wearing the red ‘R’ on the front of my singlet.”

ADVERTISEMENT