ADVERTISEMENT

Walking Dead.....who gets it tonight?

I can't take it anymore. Glenn and the redhead dude. That's too many main characters gone in one show.

One way of saving money on expensive main characters. Gruesome scene with eye popping out !

Still half an episode left.... :chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot:

It's half commercials. If this is going to be their tempo for the whole season, I'll watch West World and be done with this.

I was thinking if Scarlet Nation Message Board ever had a posters name tag party, that episode showed what would happen,lol. Gruesome.

That was up there with the Michigan game.

In reality, basically killing Glenn twice, with a long break between the reveal, it ruined the moment.

i was almost certain in that whole drawn out axe scenes he was gonna lose it. but would suck to have the actor try to go with no hand or CGI it out the rest of the way through.

Thought I read that comic creator said it was a mistake having Rick lose his hand.

Yeah, I knew we were losing at least one long term cast member (nobody would have cared much if Aaron died) but I did not like the episode at all. Okay you are painting a picture of how evil Negan is. I don't watch the show for gratuitous violence but for the interpersonal drama. I thought the show went too far in Terminus at the trough, and I think it went too far again last night.

Yeah, I knew we were losing at least one long term cast member (nobody would have cared much if Aaron died) but I did not like the episode at all. Okay you are painting a picture of how evil Negan is. I don't watch the show for gratuitous violence but for the interpersonal drama. I thought the show went too far in Terminus at the trough, and I think it went too far again last night.
I disagree. I thought the episode was brilliant. Negan had to give a message and killing Abraham did just that. Having Daryl lose it was natural and once that happened, Negan had to react. And the part with Carl was perfect. Negan knew if he cut off Carl's hand it would actually backfire and he'd never have Rick. Instead, he got Rick to do the deed without actually doing the deed, phenomenal psychological warfare. I thought this was the best episode of the series to date - very very tough to watch, but very well done IMO.

While the physical brutality was tough, the mental brutality was the show last night.

Reactions: KevH
Trumpet isn't the first to say that last night was over the top. I wouldn't be surprised if a number of viewers walked away with some sort of PTSD. I mean, this was like being involved in a horrifically bad hostage situation, because it was almost like the viewer was part of the lineup.

That being said, amazing amazing episode. A psychological thriller and it had me convinced that Rick is knocked down a few pegs just as Negan wanted. It absolutely delivered, and selfishly everyone is still alive that anybody cares about.

Reactions: redking
Neegan is the most despicable character on TV right now. Even worse than Donald Trump.

True to some extent, but what softens it for me is seeing the actor on the Talking Dead.

The actor seems like a very likable guy, and I kind of picture that when watching the show. The Talking Dead takes a little edge off the series when you realize this is all just acting (I hope that makes sense).

Neegan is my favorite character since the Governor. The only angst I felt last night was Glenn somehow managing to survive.

I wouldn't be surprised if a number of viewers walked away with some sort of PTSD. I mean, this was like being involved in a horrifically bad hostage situation, because it was almost like the viewer was part of the lineup.
This. I guess I also don't understand why people wanted Glenn dead.

No one wanted Glenn to die. For 8 months the most prevalent rumors were that he had to be him. When Megan beat Big Red to a pulp, it was gruesome but there was some relief that it wasn't Glenn. Then suddenly and unexpectedly, just when we're getting over the brutality of the first head bashing, one of the most brutally violent scenes ever televised happens with one of the shows most popular and original characters as the victim. It was breathtaking and genius.

Last edited:
Reactions: KnightsofChrome
I used to root for the bad guys in pro wrestling as I saw a comedic side to their dastardly and over-the-top evil behavior. I wanted Glenn to die because of how he transformed from a simple delivery boy who demonstrated courage and a genius for escaping to a Rambo / romantic lead type of character. I really liked Glenn during the first two Seasons of the Show. The whole love affair with Maggie also annoyed me. Not surprisingly, Neegan, the Governor and Merle are my all-time favorite characters on the Show.

I used to root for the bad guys in pro wrestling as I saw a comedic side to their dastardly and over-the-top evil behavior. I wanted Glenn to die because of how he transformed from a simple delivery boy who demonstrated courage and a genius for escaping to a Rambo / romantic lead type of character. I really liked Glenn during the first two Seasons of the Show. The whole love affair with Maggie also annoyed me. Not surprisingly, Neegan, the Governor and Merle are my all-time favorite characters on the Show.
ha...not sure why but I love this view.

I like Glenn but will agree on one thing, he and Maggie did get somewhat annoying.

Reactions: batts

Glenn died in the comic so alot wanted it to go down that way...personally not a Glenn fan as to me he signified why I started to bail on the show

This episode was all about breaking Rick. The rest of the season will be all about Rick getting his mojo back. Or not.

Reactions: KevH
ADVERTISEMENT