ADVERTISEMENT

watching college football games from years past

knight82

All American
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2002
The past few months, with reruns of games played years ago just about all the sports there is to watch, I was reminded of something. What an obnoxious and annoying announcer Brent Musburger was. And how Keith Jackson was THE voice of college football for all eternity. But it was weird hearing him do baseball playoff and world series games. He was good at it, but hearing him do something other than college football just seemed wrong.

Reactions: BuckRU
There is a video out there put together (either by Rutgers Football or Athletics) when we first got into the B1G that uses Keith’s voice as he talks about a B1G game.

It’s worth a listen if someone can find it.

The past few months, with reruns of games played years ago just about all the sports there is to watch, I was reminded of something. What an obnoxious and annoying announcer Brent Musburger was. And how Keith Jackson was THE voice of college football for all eternity. But it was weird hearing him do baseball playoff and world series games. He was good at it, but hearing him do something other than college football just seemed wrong.
Never was a fan of Brent Musberger but he redeemed himself when he announced the Insight Bowl. Rutgers Al couldn’t have called a better game for us!!! He’s alright in my book.

Reactions: Section124
Whoa, Nellie. Loved Keith Jackson, my favorite of all time.

idiocracy is alive and well.

what baffle me is how many of the re run games, golf tourneys, etc, give the outcome of the contest in the guide listing where you couldn't miss it if you wanted to, as if everyone has memorized the outcome of every sports event of every team in the last 40 yrs, so doesn't mind the spoiler.

Reactions: tomatocan
Keith Jackson was great . I didn’t like though that there was big bunch of bs surrounding his retirement one season ...and he came back anyway. Much different than the way lundquist went out, who was also a very good announcer for the college game.
I didn’t hate musburger. “You’re looking live ...” I always thought that was a cool saying

Reactions: Section124
idiocracy is alive and well.

what baffle me is how many of the re run games, golf tourneys, etc, give the outcome of the contest in the guide listing where you couldn't miss it if you wanted to, as if everyone has memorized the outcome of every sports event of every team in the last 40 yrs, so doesn't mind the spoiler.

Nobody worse at this than MLB Network. Nobody may be worse at anything than MLB Network is at spoilers.

Musburger didn't bother me. He did every game like it was an event. Also, disagree on Keith Jackson. He was the voice of Monday Night Baseball (on ABC) and College Football. He always did a great job. He did Olympics coverage as well. Guys didn't make as much back in the day so they needed to do multiple sports.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT