ADVERTISEMENT

Way OT- Red Hot Chile Peppers

WhiteBus

Hall of Famer
Oct 4, 2011
They released a new single of an upcoming CD/Album. Dark Necessities . Awesome tune. Very different style for them. New producer Danger Mouse was hired to make the new album. They had 30 songs ready and he comes in and tells them they are starting from scratch. Good call.

I'm a big fan, love their live concert video " Live at Slane Castle". PS- Lead Singer Anthony Keidas is a Lit (Lithuanian /American, lol) along with Dick Butkus, Bob Dylan, Johnny Unitis, Vitas Gerulaitis, Arturas Sabonis, Liberace, Tadas Tatarunas, and your's truly, LOL.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to new stuff. I'm not a "fan" - I like some of their stuff, don't like most. But the songs I like, I like a lot.

I'm looking forward to new stuff. I'm not a "fan" - I like some of their stuff, don't like most. But the songs I like, I like a lot.
I agree. Their total portfolio isn't my favortite but some are awesome. This new stuff is a change and looks to highlight their talents. Hopefully the rest are the same

New song: Dark Necessities :

Not bad! A little jazzier than the work they are known for. AK's voice sounds a bit higher, but good. Flea's bass is awesome as usual. They do miss lead guitarest John Frusciente (sp?) , of course. More piano then I remember from their past work.

More info for the new album "The Get Away" due out June 17:

http://loudwire.com/red-hot-chili-peppers-dark-necessities-single/

New song: Dark Necessities :

Not bad! A little jazzier than the work they are known for. AK's voice sounds a bit higher, but good. Flea's bass is awesome as usual. They do miss lead guitarest John Frusciente (sp?) , of course. More piano then I remember from their past work.

More info for the new album "The Get Away" due out June 17:

http://loudwire.com/red-hot-chili-peppers-dark-necessities-single/
It's a slowed down version of "Can't Stop"

Flea! Flea! Flea!
Flea rules!
yEreWoX.png

Best Chili Peppers Album was Mother's Milk.

Not sure, but I think they are from California and like the Lakers. Flea was classically trained and play trumpet.

That intro is eerily similar to the opening of Synchronicity.

Average fans discount the fact that John Frusciante was a big part of their sound. They look to be compensating for that loss.

4Real had it right. They have songs that nail it, but the overall catalog is a mix bag at times.

I listen to RHCP at Slane Castle about once every 2 months after work on a Friday when I start on a few cocktails or beers.

Like many, I've been mixed on the RHCPs, but I do like their new song a lot. They are definitely one of those bands that is better live, though - saw them with Fishbone opening up in 1986 or so - talk about a wild ass show...

Never knew they were from Chile. Always thought they were the Chili peppers.

o_O

ADVERTISEMENT