ADVERTISEMENT

Ways To Get Fans In The Stands

albanyknight

Heisman Winner
Feb 4, 2004
Bethlehem, New York
I apologize ahead if this has been covered elsewhere but I think RU compared to most Big Ten teams has a unique opportunity to get fans in the stands w/o the problems that a Penn State or Ohio State may encounter.

Why not use between the 35-yard lines on both sides as exclusively for season ticket holders? Family and groups of friends sit together but six feet between all groups. I believe that would allow all season ticket holders to watch the game in relatively good seats and safely.

Then sell tickets on game-day to everyone else with the same six foot distancing in place.

I apologize ahead if this has been covered elsewhere but I think RU compared to most Big Ten teams has a unique opportunity to get fans in the stands w/o the problems that a Penn State or Ohio State may encounter.

Why not use between the 35-yard lines on both sides as exclusively for season ticket holders? Family and groups of friends sit together but six feet between all groups. I believe that would allow all season ticket holders to watch the game in relatively good seats.

Then sell tickets on game-day to everyone else with the same six foot distancing in place.
No we can’t that is like voluntary suicide. According to an end of May Poll in the very reputable and trustworthy NY Times... 500 top ( cough ) epidemiologists claim it is much to soon and there are too many questions which still remain unanswered . Don’t just think about yourself here; this is about all of us.

No we can’t that is like voluntary suicide. According to an end of May Poll in the very reputable and trustworthy NY Times... 500 top ( cough ) epidemiologists claim it is much to soon and there are too many questions which still remain unanswered . Don’t just think about yourself here; this is about all of us.

As a qualifier there were 6,000 epidemiologists surveyed but only 500 answered, or did those 500 answer the way the survey founder wanted & the others were disregarded?

Reactions: biker7766
Hope the Rutgers Tickets/marketing people are making a stronger than usual effort to reach out to New Alumni, making sure they all know they can get discount tickets. Ticket office phone number is 866-445-4678.

As a qualifier there were 6,000 epidemiologists surveyed but only 500 answered, or did those 500 answer the way the survey founder wanted & the others were disregarded?
Ask the the ones on Chuck and Nancy’s team... those are the one’s WHO answered. Carry on Rutgers

This.
Getting 20,000 actual fans to show up { not the reported BS numbers} for the first 2 home games would be an amazing start to the season.
That is not going to happen until after the third or fourth game... By sensibly controlling the crowd size would allow Rutgers to change or moderate the protocols set up by state and federal authorities. It would enable the school to see if increases are possible or warranted by any jump in infections over 2-3 weeks.

Use your imagination it is quite simple and is actual mentioned many other times by the board.

I'd prefer if you explained it and got banned, tho ; )
Well that is a terrible thing to say. I think you should temper the attacks.or I will be forced to file a complaint with the moderator...there is a simple answer and it has been mentioned by most of the board over the past several months...

The WHO has just stated the safe distance is THREE 3 feet, NOT 6.

So we can automatically double attendance !

Give them a day or two..they will recant that statement and make some othe stupid claim.

Give them a day or two..they will recant that statement and make some othe stupid claim.

Well we have a WINNER !

In LESS than 24 hours, the Soccer fans in the WHO have reversed their announcements about "rare" and social distancing rules !

Knowing full well that in the US, there are no soccer crowds worthy of measuring for social distance. It's all a plot by US Soccer officials to attempt to build fans in the US. The NFL is also in on it by doubling down on not standing for the National Anthem, thereby changing Trump Deplorables from football to soccer fans.

Soccer fans in France and Italy are still serenading each other from roof top quarantined buildings.

The WHO demonstrating proper social distancing.

rs-27868-20131118-thewho-x1800-1384806180.jpg

If I understand the gist of the OP's proposal, Rutgers should let the season ticket holders attend the games and only sell extra tickets as space permits?

But since we'd be spread out, wouldn't that mean season tickets holders with seats, on say the 35 yard line, wind up being pushed to, say 10 yard line? Or perhaps even the end zone to provide for the 3/6 foot gap between groups?

I guess that's better than nothing and I don't mean to complain, but paying a few grand to sit in the end zone doesn't sound very appealing. Maybe season ticket holders would be given a choice to accept their "social distance seat" or get a refund for the year -- without losing accumulated priority points?

covid has divided us into 2 universes, though we refuse to acknowledge that reality in policy.

i wonder how beyond stubborn the nation/world will be in holding steadfast with a one policy for all, before sanity kicks in and we relegate ourselves to the reality that we need to look at a 2 universe strategy, with the over 40-45s in one universe, and the under 40-45s in another universe.

and yes, i realize many young live with olders.

they'll either need to stay in the olders universe, or make new living arrangements.

college kids need to stay on campus/in town all yr. (sorry mom).

how the virus discriminates by age isn't fair, but it is what it is.

youngers will develop heard immunity after X amount of time, and while not enough percent to protect everyone, it is a big start.

and once they are immune, if the science approves, the young tested immune then can interact with old farts again.

we can still pursue a treatment and a vaccine at full speed, but need an ongoing plan B in the mean time, and currently, hoping for a cure or vaccine that may take yrs if not longer, is the only plan we got. (if you want to call that a plan).

us old farts shouldn't drag youngers into our problem forever, and we need to accept the reality that the virus discriminates between the 2 universes, and our response needs to also.

youngers are saying "f" it as we speak and going back to society, and that will continue more and more, so we need to just accept reality and form our plan going forward acknowledging the 2 universe reality, and stop pretending a one plan for all is the best way to go.

as antibodies testing gets perfected and made universally available, olders can join normal society too if/once they test positive, and herd immunity can be gradually gained safely while we continue to pursue treatment/cures and a vaccine.

as for any and all problems you guys can think of that this will bring, we already have all those now, but without any of the upsides.

If I understand the gist of the OP's proposal, Rutgers should let the season ticket holders attend the games and only sell extra tickets as space permits?

But since we'd be spread out, wouldn't that mean season tickets holders with seats, on say the 35 yard line, wind up being pushed to, say 10 yard line? Or perhaps even the end zone to provide for the 3/6 foot gap between groups?

I guess that's better than nothing and I don't mean to complain, but paying a few grand to sit in the end zone doesn't sound very appealing. Maybe season ticket holders would be given a choice to accept their "social distance seat" or get a refund for the year -- without losing accumulated priority points?
I’m okay with this.

Extraordinary circumstances means extraordinary changes.

I was a big proponent of you drop your tickets you start over, no exceptions. But this case is different.

You paid for one thing (specific seats because of a required donation) and if that can’t be honored I think the bolded is a fair compromise.

I’m okay with this.

Extraordinary circumstances means extraordinary changes.

I was a big proponent of you drop your tickets you start over, no exceptions. But this case is different.

You paid for one thing (specific seats because of a required donation) and if that can’t be honored I think the bolded is a fair compromise.

I think you could fit all season ticket holders within the two 35-yard lines. And I would spread season ticket holders from the 50-yard line out, based on seniority.

I think you could fit all season ticket holders within the two 35-yard lines. And I would spread season ticket holders from the 50-yard line out, based on seniority.

There's no way--there's 20,000 season tickets. Even without social distancing, that's not enough space.

covid has divided us into 2 universes, though we refuse to acknowledge that reality in policy.

i wonder how beyond stubborn the nation/world will be in holding steadfast with a one policy for all, before sanity kicks in and we relegate ourselves to the reality that we need to look at a 2 universe strategy, with the over 40-45s in one universe, and the under 40-45s in another universe.

and yes, i realize many young live with olders.

they'll either need to stay in the olders universe, or make new living arrangements.

college kids need to stay on campus/in town all yr. (sorry mom).

how the virus discriminates by age isn't fair, but it is what it is.

youngers will develop heard immunity after X amount of time, and while not enough percent to protect everyone, it is a big start.

and once they are immune, if the science approves, the young tested immune then can interact with old farts again.

we can still pursue a treatment and a vaccine at full speed, but need an ongoing plan B in the mean time, and currently, hoping for a cure or vaccine that may take yrs if not longer, is the only plan we got. (if you want to call that a plan).

us old farts shouldn't drag youngers into our problem forever, and we need to accept the reality that the virus discriminates between the 2 universes, and our response needs to also.

youngers are saying "f" it as we speak and going back to society, and that will continue more and more, so we need to just accept reality and form our plan going forward acknowledging the 2 universe reality, and stop pretending a one plan for all is the best way to go.

as antibodies testing gets perfected and made universally available, olders can join normal society too if/once they test positive, and herd immunity can be gradually gained safely while we continue to pursue treatment/cures and a vaccine.

as for any and all problems you guys can think of that this will bring, we already have all those now, but without any of the upsides.
LOL good luck with that...never gonna happen no matter how many times you say it to yourself. With protesters not social distancing and the wearing masks being a complete farce, when/if some supposed second wave comes (many are rooting for it) the level of disobedience will be staggering! Who will gov turn to to enforce this? The police many want to defund? Haha...

This is what I would do:

1. Normal seating and attendance policy. You are really only exposed to the handful of people around you for extended periods of time.

2. Close concessions and use safe distancing for bathroom lines. Allow fans to bring in their own water and snacks.

3. forehead temp readings of everyone entering the gate. Anything over 100 degrees and you are denied entry.

4. self policing of other Covid symptoms with large signs at entrances and along the walk up to the stadium from the blue and yellow lots.

Why not use between the 35-yard lines on both sides as exclusively for season ticket holders? Family and groups of friends sit together but six feet between all groups. I believe that would allow all season ticket holders to watch the game in relatively good seats and safely.

I think is answer is Flaming Lipps!

MO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT