ADVERTISEMENT

We are Jim Delany’s lasting slip up

Holy crap is that a poorly written article. It reads like the ramblings of "old man yells at cloud". He takes a dig at RU and points out the contentious union relations (which we all know have existed for years) and then starts rambling about an Illinois player and makes no real point in the end.

(EDIT: I got corrected on this as the point was about Illinois, not Indiana.. my mistake.. leaving it up just in case Indiana gets ornery)

Don't make us come over there, Indiana.

Indiana is 4-2 since we joined with 3 games, 2 Ws for them and 1 W for us being by a TD or less. We're basically evenly matched..

With Schiano back, they figured they better get their trash talk in now.

Maybe it is really more about basketball.. they don't want their legendary program to lose to use anymore. We have won 3 of the last 4.

Last edited:
Sounds like someone just came to the realization they won’t have a job much longer

Holy crap is that a poorly written article. It reads like the ramblings of "old man yells at cloud". He takes a dig at RU and points out the contentious union relations (which we all know have existed for years) and then starts rambling about an Illinois player and makes no real point in the end.
I was thinking the same thing. My God, this reads like the ramblings of an old senile man. It was one thought into the next with no ending. I think it's time to retire and go fishing Loren Tate.

Last edited:
My god. Of all schools UI. WTF do they bring to the table anymore for the Big Ten. However, they will cash that bigger check because of BTN in the NY region since Rutgers was added. Clown.
LOL.
One could make a solid argument UI has been the biggest train wreck in the B1G in the last 8 years.
32-70/14-50
Multiple scandals. Glass Houses.

That bag of wrinkles also rues the day they

Indiana is 4-2 since we joined with 3 games, 2 Ws for them and 1 W for us being by a TD or less. We're basically evenly matched..

He's an Illinois writer, genius.

Reactions: RUBOB72

Maybe it is really more about basketball.. they don't want their legendary program to lose to use anymore. We have won 3 of the last 4.

it’s an article written by an Illinois reporter, not an Indiana University reporter.

Edit: just saw this was pointed out in the above post

When chatting with other Big Ten fans, refer to Illinois as U of I, not UI; nobody calls them UI

Ok Grandpa

Cover.jpg

We are in the league because of our location and the potential schiano showed for 5 seasons . That’s the hard truth.
That’s why I never understood the hate for schiano and mulchahy . Sure, schiano could/should have won more in the old league . But what they did here got us into the big Ten

We are in the league because of our location and the potential schiano showed for 5 seasons . That’s the hard truth.
That’s why I never understood the hate for schiano and mulchahy . Sure, schiano could/should have won more in the old league . But what they did here got us into the big Ten
And if Schiano had stayed we'd own Illinois already, as we will with Schiano2.0.

Reactions: ChasRC69
My god. Of all schools UI. WTF do they bring to the table anymore for the Big Ten. However, they will cash that bigger check because of BTN in the NY region since Rutgers was added. Clown.
Poor man.As some of us age,we keep our wits about us. Others lose their marbles and brains get mushy.Better to pity than scorn.

Reactions: RUforester72
Right, the actual school has nothing to do with it, the successful and famous alumni, the research projects and prestige of the campus and university as a whole. Nope, they should have taken West Virginia or Penn State- Altoona. Gimme a break

RUTGERS UNIVERSITY and all of its athletics programs and fanbase belong in the Big Ten conference. Always have. Period

Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
Right, the actual school has nothing to do with it, the successful and famous alumni, the research projects and prestige of the campus and university as a whole. Nope, they should have taken West Virginia or Penn State- Altoona. Gimme a break

RUTGERS UNIVERSITY and all of its athletics programs and fanbase belong in the Big Ten conference. Always have. Period
Once the B1G decided to come as far east as State Penn I felt the same way...why not us?

Up to that point though I felt the ACC could be the place...a real top to bottom all sports conference with peer type institutions.

I suppose but it's also UIUC afterall (and UIC for the Chicago campus). And U of I can just as easily be Iowa as well, so it seems B1G fans are often confusing these abbreviations.
As I said earlier...if the person is condescending and annoying, find out what they don’t like their place to be called and use it exclusively in conversation.

Once the B1G decided to come as far east as State Penn I felt the same way.

Up to that point I felt the ACC could be the place...a real top to bottom all sports conference with peer type institutions.
ACC really blew it by not bringing us in as we had Pitt, Syracuse, B.C., VaTech and even Miami, to some extent, for history and natural rivals. RU would've been the key link for southern and northern ACC teams. I couldn't be happier though in the B1G now especially with Schiano and Pikes leading the flagship athletic teams.

ACC really blew it by not bringing us in as we had Pitt, Syracuse, B.C., VaTech and even Miami, to some extent, for history and natural rivals. RU would've been the key link for southern and northern ACC teams. I couldn't be happier though in the B1G now especially with Schiano and Pikes leading the flagship athletic teams.
Yes. B1G > ACC

But it wouldn’t have been a bad consolation prize by any means.

Last edited:
Once the B1G decided to come as far east as State Penn I felt the same way...why not us?

Up to that point though I felt the ACC could be the place...a real top to bottom all sports conference with peer type institutions.

many fans who knew the league when it actually was 10 teams, think it started going wrong with PSU.

that said, do RU fans not think a league of RU, PSU, Cuse, Pitt, UConn, WV, BC, Lville, Cinn, makes a lot more sense.

Reactions: Plum Street
The only way to prove any of these ass wipes wrong , including our own faculty, is to win on the field. Winning solves all problems, and until we do, what do you expect? Does anybody really think the other B1G programs are going to give us any respect because we beat Louisville in 2006? If so, you are delusional.

Reactions: Plum Street
many fans who knew the league when it actually was 10 teams, think it started going wrong with PSU.

that said, do RU fans not think a league of RU, PSU, Cuse, Pitt, UConn, WV, BC, Lville, Cinn, makes a lot more sense.
Everything goes wrong when you introduce those guys. It ought to be a Gieco commercial. LOL

As to the second part, bronze medal at best after the B1G and the ACC.

The only way to prove any of these ass wipes wrong , including our own faculty, is to win on the field. Winning solves all problems, and until we do, what do you expect? Does anybody really think the other B1G programs are going to give us any respect because we beat Louisville in 2006? If so, you are delusional.
Well...we did beat Michigan, MSU, Illinois, Indiana, Purdue and Maryland at some point.

Well...we did beat Michigan, MSU, Illinois, Indiana, Purdue and Maryland at some point.
We need to beat them all in one year, that would be a good start towards gaining respectability outside of our own fan base.

Reactions: fsg2
w/Schiano's recruits mostly amirite (ex-MSU)?

And we had State Penn beat if only NFL-bound Tyler Kroft doesn't mistime his jump on that wide open pass from Nova (even with his 5 INTS)..:cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
I suppose but it's also UIUC afterall (and UIC for the Chicago campus). And U of I can just as easily be Iowa as well, so it seems B1G fans are often confusing these abbreviations.

I do sometimes hear folks say “I went to Champaign” the way someone in Texas might say “I went to Austin” or Cal folks just say “Berkeley.” The Indiana folks say IU, but also sometimes refer to it as “Bloomington.” Which can be confusing because Illinois State is in Bloomington, IL. But it’s generally recognized in the Midwest that Bloomington is IU. Iowa just seems to be Iowa. Two syllables is short enough as is I guess.

Now let's do it in a season and we can start moving that dial in our direction.
We need to beat them all in one year, that would be a good start towards gaining respectability outside of our own fan base.
Beating Mich & MSU in the same season is the hard one for now. I expect Schiano to be able to run the table on the other guys in rather short order.

ADVERTISEMENT