ADVERTISEMENT

We can win 6

where do you see the wins?

I could also see numerous close loses that are 1 or 2 plays away from wins also. Especially as the season wears on and our depth needs to be used.

Reactions: Greg2020
Maryland, Illinois, Northwestern, Michigan State are all potential wins. Wisconsin looked mediocre too
Maryland QB is legit though. Probably one of the best QBs we face this year.

I'm with you with Illinois and Northwestern though. I think we get 5 but need some luck and things to break our way for the 6th.

Reactions: drewbagel423

I'm with you with Illinois and Northwestern though. I think we get 5 but need some luck and things to break our way for the 6th.
But Maryland overall ain't as good as UM, and they don't run for 350 yards

The team is good. We are ahead of schedule on building something special, but don't start counting chickens just yet. Consistant efforts like today and Ill be counting those birds with you. Consistancy remains to be seen. I am very hopeful after today but progress is very rarely straight line. Stay the course if we suffer a WTF game. Good things are ahead.

They’re still coached by Locksley and despite their talent can be prone to mistakes.

I think we can win at least one of MSU, Wisconsin, Maryland if we’re healthy enough.

I'll put osu AND psu as losses, and one other. So 5-3 over the last eight games and 8 wins for this year is my prediction. They shut out Michigan in the second half for goodness sake. If this team didn't make you a believer after today, I don't know what will.

where do you see the wins?

I could also see numerous close loses that are 1 or 2 plays away from wins also. Especially as the season wears on and our depth needs to be used.
While you’re worried about our depth, there’s always a chance our opponent is dealing with the injury bug. I can envision a few possible paths to 6 wins if we catch some breaks.

I'll put osu AND psu as losses, and one other. So 5-3 over the last eight games and 8 wins for this year is my prediction. They shut out Michigan in the second half for goodness sake. If this team didn't make you a believer after today, I don't know what will.
I liked your post … but would like to half like it . I think 5-3 is asking too much . Just get 3

Would love to see us rattle off 3 straight wins after OSU - vs MSU, @NW, @ILL. 6-2 (3-2) and not only would we be going Bowling, but we’d be ranked also.

Indiana is very beatable too, they are not the same team from last year. There are 8-9 potential wins on this schedule. Let's go get them!
I agree Indiana looks inconsistent. W. Kentucky is not good and down 2 late in the 4th quarter.to Indiana

If we can be competitive till the end against Michigan, I say we will be competitive against Penn State too.
The only team that is hard to match up against is OSU. Everyone else is beatable if we play well.

Favored
Northwestern
Illinois

Pick-em
Michigan St
Maryland

Mild upset possibility
Wisconsin. (not the usual dominant OL)
I would put Sparty in the same category as Wisconsin. A possible win but you will be a slight underdog. Even though the Badgers may have the worst QB in the conference.

Let’s get to 6 first then we can worry about 7-8 and….2005 …let’s do it again.

I think we get to 6 but I also think Michigan is overrated. Idk if they're a top 25 team.

I'd throw Indiana on these lists somewhere. This is not last year's Indiana team as far as I have seen so far. It's on the road and Rutgers wouldn't be favored as of now, but a lot will happen between now and November 13 so the game definitely shouldn't be written off.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
See below computer generated expectations are from before the Michigan game. Rutgers winning 6 games was most likely outcome. (Note these are conference wins only, so 3 wins gets Rutgers to 6-6). FPI and Sagarin results are similar.

S&P+ Results​

4jA06ACSfsdcBybLDkPGmv0shUFos4wlPiBOf-Um6c6ayb2TMXEw9qqDobrauU22fuMg2T-e3KtokGqOw_6hCsnKaLafKwjUXXVu5RvZW8KKPwX6lOFNQzHfyRhoPn6-Dkdr-qik=s0

Reactions: NotInRHouse
According to S&P+, Rutgers chances of winning each game were as follows (from before week 4):

at Michigan - 9.2%
Ohio State - 13.8%
Michigan State - 44.1%
Northwestern - 50.7%
at Illinois - 66.5%
Wisconsin 26.7%
at Indiana - 34.7%
Penn State - 5.3%
Maryland - 40.6%

Maybe it's the homer in me but I am not writing off OSU or the Cult.

Both have looked vulnerable and close wins against Wisconsin and Auburn look way less impressive today than they did at the time.

Reactions: KT8813
Favored
Northwestern
Illinois

Pick-em
Michigan St
Maryland

Mild upset possibility
Wisconsin. (not the usual dominant OL)
I don't think Maryland at Rutgers will be a pick-em. I think the Scarlet Knights will be favored.

Way to go in Ann Arbor, Rutgers...

ADVERTISEMENT