ADVERTISEMENT

We have 10 Regular season games left. What's your prediction? other than ... pain

red sail

All Conference
Oct 11, 2007
We have 10 games left. 4 home games at the RAC, 1 Neutral Site @ MSG, 5 Away games.
How do you think we do? and is it good enough to get into the NCAAs?

Feb 1 vs UM Neutral site MSG
Feb 4 @ UMD College Park, MD
Feb 9 vs Northwestern RAC
Feb 12 @ OSU Columbus, OH
Feb 15 vs Illinois RAC
Feb 19 vs UM RAC
Feb 23 @ Wiscy Madison, WI
Feb 26 @ PSU University Park, PA
Mar 3 vs UMD RAC
Mar 7 @ Purdue West Lafayette, IN

I'm hoping we win 3 games home at the RAC, the neutral site game vs UM @ MSG, and either @ OSU or @ UW... putting us at 20 wins excluding caldwell.
it's not going to be easy getting to 20. let's hope coach keeps putting that chip on the boys shoulders that they were calling for us to be 12th.

Last edited:
We go 7-3 stunning the B1G! And we're IN!

W Feb 1 vs UM Neutral site MSG
L Feb 4 @ UMD College Park, MD
W Feb 9 vs Northwestern RAC
W Feb 12 @ OSU Columbus, OH
W Feb 15 vs Illinois RAC
W Feb 19 vs UM RAC
L Feb 23 @ Wiscy Madison, WI
W Feb 26 @ PSU University Park, PA
W Mar 3 vs UMD RAC
L Mar 7 @ Purdue West Lafayette, IN

We go 7-3 stunning the B1G! And we're IN!

W Feb 1 vs UM Neutral site MSG
L Feb 4 @ UMD College Park, MD
W Feb 9 vs Northwestern RAC
W Feb 12 @ OSU Columbus, OH
W Feb 15 vs Illinois RAC
W Feb 19 vs UM RAC
L Feb 23 @ Wiscy Madison, WI
W Feb 26 @ PSU University Park, PA
W Mar 3 vs UMD RAC
L Mar 7 @ Purdue West Lafayette, IN
If we go 7-3 we will beat Wisconsin. They are falling apart and we manhandled them first game. That is starting to shape up as our easiest road game

Reactions: dkostus
Torvik site has us:
  • "@" UMICH- Favored Saturday (61%)
  • @Terps- small underdog (43%)
  • Northwestern - lock (90%)
  • @tOSU - underdog (38%)
  • Illinois- heavy favorite (72%)
  • UMICH- heavy favorite (74%)
  • @Wisky- pick-em (48%)
  • @PSU - underdog (40%)
  • Terps - heavy favorite (71%)
  • @Purdue- underdog (41%)
So we're heavily favored in 4, favored in 1, pretty much regular underdogs in 4, and a pick-em with a Wisky team that is imploding.

I think people around here can't accept that this is a good team... which I get... but those numbers look like going 5/5 should be the minimum expectation.

Torvik site has us:
  • @tOSU - underdog (38%)
  • @Wisky- pick-em (48%)
  • @PSU - underdog (40%)
So we're heavily favored in 4, favored in 1, pretty much regular underdogs in 4, and a pick-em with a Wisky team that is imploding.

I think people around here can't accept that this is a good team... which I get... but those numbers look like going 5/5 should be the minimum expectation.
5 or 6 minimum. Anything lower would be disappointing.

I dont see OSU as the hardest remaining game on the schedule. Odd that it is the lowest win percentage.

Reactions: RutCorRx
5 or 6 minimum. Anything lower would be disappointing.

I dont see OSU as the hardest remaining game on the schedule. Odd that it is the lowest win percentage.
Despite nose dive they're analytics are still really good

Reactions: toby83
5 of those games are against teams .500 or better in the B1G and 5 or from teams under .500 in the B1G. 7 of out 10 games have been against teams .500 or better.

I a going to go 6-4. Giving us a 22-9 record entering the B1G tournament as a 5 seed and going 2-1 there.

Reactions: Scangg
I’m predicting more pain for RU fans. 3-7 and needing 2 wins in B1G tourney to get to NCAA’s.

Hope I’m wrong.

Torvik site has us:
  • @tOSU - underdog (38%)
  • @Wisky- pick-em (48%)
  • @PSU - underdog (40%)

I don't know if I was betting the RU vs Illini game that I would take RU if we are giving points in this game. I would not consider us a heavy favorite as per Torvik's model. This game is probably going to be a pick em if I had to guess.

We haven't played the Terps yet so I'm not sure I would call us a heavy fav in that game either...
my gut says we are only going to win 1 of those 2 home games. I hope I'm wrong and we go undefeated at home.

With Kobe King leaving Wiscy, we have a much better chance to sweep them on the road. UMD, PSU, & Purdue are going to be tough places to get a W.

Last edited:
Wisconsin does not lose at home very often. No matter what. So far only Illinois has won at Wisconsin so far this season. A 1-point loss.

I'd put the over under at 4. Hope I'm wrong.

4 puts us at 19 Regular season wins excluding Caldwell. I would think we are on the bubble then if we don't win 2 B!G tournament games. God forbid we lose 1 & Done in the B1G tourney ... we'd be relegated to the NIT.

Saturday is a must win. Coach speak says to look at each game as a 1 game season. These next 10 games we need to go 1-0 every game. leave no doubt.

Last edited:
I’m all in guys

7-3 ...finishing 14-6 in the big ten and 23-8 over all

We win at least two game in the big ten tournament ...and play on CBS for thw big ten championship against ...Michigan state

If we lose ...25-9...and 4 seed

If we win ... 26-8 as the 2 seed in the east

I’m all in guys

7-3 ...finishing 14-6 in the big ten and 23-8 over all

We win at least two game in the big ten tournament ...and play on CBS for thw big ten championship against ...Michigan state

If we lose ...25-9...and 4 seed

If we win ... 26-8 as the 2 seed in the east

I guess this is what makes markets in sports betting ! I'm not as bullish but again I'm not a bear either these last 10 games in the season. I guess 3 decades of irrelevance and just RU have worn me down... that's why i'm so down the middle on the end of the season. .500 would be great to me. playing in the B1G championship would be huge.

My prediction is as follows:

Feb 1 vs UM Neutral site MSG - We are simply the better team = WIN
Feb 4 @ UMD College Park, MD - Too much to ask for right now = Loss
Feb 9 vs Northwestern RAC - Should be an easy one.. = WIN
Feb 12 @ OSU Columbus, OH - We match up well with them but close loss. = Loss
Feb 15 vs Illinois RAC - We are evenly matched but the RAC will propel us = WIN
Feb 19 vs UM RAC - Still think are simply the better team + RAC = Win
Feb 23 @ Wiscy Madison, WI - No Kobe King = WIN
Feb 26 @ PSU University Park, PA - They have the best player, we have the better Team = Win
Mar 3 vs UMD RAC - Maryland are quite beatable at the RAC, but I don't feel confident - Loss
Mar 7 @ Purdue West Lafayette, IN - It's hard to win at Mackey - Loss

Total: 6-4

My goal would be to get a double be in the B1G. That would give us a legit shot at making it to Sunday. LFG!!

5-5. Sadly I always assume losses on the road - will throw us a bone this Saturday on the neutral court. Please win.

Saturday is such an important game for our season. As far as the road games go, I would say PSU is our best chance. Gonna be damn tough to win at Mackey or in Madison. Prediction: 5-5, 12-8 total, and we are dancing

I think we sweep Michigan this year. Best Illinois, Maryland at home. Beat Northwestern undefeated at home. Beat someone on the road. I’ll go with Wisconsin. 6-4. Loses are all close. If we do lose one at home we will steal one at Purdue

From a different thread...

I was thinking about the next 10 too. My predictions:
UM - W (MSG)
MD - L
NW - W
OSU - L? (Away)
ILL - W? (Home)
UM - W (Home)
UW - W
PSU - L (Away)
MD - L? (Home) Could we win one of two vs MD?
P - L (Away)

I think they win 4 with a good chance at 5.

There will be ebbs and flows to a season. Hopefully we get 5 AND we are trending the right way.

Don’t want to see go 4-2 and then lose 4 straight going in to B1GT

Torvik site has us:
  • @tOSU - underdog (38%)
  • @Wisky- pick-em (48%)
  • @PSU - underdog (40%)

Heavy favorites against IL and MD at home sounds nuts - I'd be happy to split those two. I'm not making predictions, but I'll just say I'll be happy with 4-6, since that gets us in (assuming a win against NW) at 20-11/11-9. Anything beyond that is seeding gravy. I do think we win at least 4 more and I'd put the upside at 6.

Reactions: RUScrew85
Heavy favorites against IL and MD at home sounds nuts - I'd be happy to split those two. I'm not making predictions, but I'll just say I'll be happy with 4-6, since that gets us in (assuming a win against NW) at 20-11/11-9. Anything beyond that is seeding gravy. I do think we win at least 4 more and I'd put the upside at 6.
I'm just pointing out the analytics. Kenpom may not have been as favorable, I'm never sure how to calculate odds on there.

We have 10 games left. 4 home games at the RAC, 1 Neutral Site @ MSG, 5 Away games.
How do you think we do? and is it good enough to get into the NCAAs?

Feb 1 vs UM Neutral site MSG
Feb 4 @ UMD College Park, MD
Feb 9 vs Northwestern RAC
Feb 12 @ OSU Columbus, OH
Feb 15 vs Illinois RAC
Feb 19 vs UM RAC
Feb 23 @ Wiscy Madison, WI
Feb 26 @ PSU University Park, PA
Mar 3 vs UMD RAC
Mar 7 @ Purdue West Lafayette, IN

Feb 1 vs UM Neutral site MSG 56%
Feb 4 @ UMD College Park, MD 32%
Feb 9 vs Northwestern RAC 90%
Feb 12 @ OSU Columbus, OH 37%
Feb 15 vs Illinois RAC 67%
Feb 19 vs UM RAC 69%
Feb 23 @ Wiscy Madison, WI 42%
Feb 26 @ PSU University Park, PA 35%
Mar 3 vs UMD RAC 60%
Mar 7 @ Purdue West Lafayette, IN 41%

0-10 0.01%
1-9 0.29%
2-8 2.09%
3-7 7.93%
4-6 17.99%
5-5 25.88%
6-4 24.26%
7-3 14.69%
8-2 5.55%
9-1 1.19%
10-0 0.11%

Is it good enough to make the NCAAs? Almost definitely.

Reactions: red sail and Scangg
Feb 1 vs UM Neutral site MSG 56%
Feb 4 @ UMD College Park, MD 32%
Feb 9 vs Northwestern RAC 90%
Feb 12 @ OSU Columbus, OH 37%
Feb 15 vs Illinois RAC 67%
Feb 19 vs UM RAC 69%
Feb 23 @ Wiscy Madison, WI 42%
Feb 26 @ PSU University Park, PA 35%
Mar 3 vs UMD RAC 60%
Mar 7 @ Purdue West Lafayette, IN 41%

0-10 0.01%
1-9 0.29%
2-8 2.09%
3-7 7.93%
4-6 17.99%
5-5 25.88%
6-4 24.26%
7-3 14.69%
8-2 5.55%
9-1 1.19%
10-0 0.11%

Is it good enough to make the NCAAs? Almost definitely.

who's model is predicting those win %? i would think with the kids out at wiscy our win % would be higher there. After watching UMD and Illinois last night, i think those 2 home games are going to be pick ems.

ADVERTISEMENT