ADVERTISEMENT

We have actually reached the point

Before 2006 the games were so enjoyable to go to because the tailgates were awesome and stress free. Today, with all the cops walking through and riding through the tailgate area it is a stressful time.

Before 2006 the games were so enjoyable to go to because the tailgates were awesome and stress free. Today, with all the cops walking through and riding through the tailgate area it is a stressful time.
You might think there's more important tasks these officers might be assigned to!!

We even saw a cop roll through the medical school lots for the first time. We were like "Seriously? There are maybe 3 small groups tailgating out here..."

Reactions: Plum Street
Sorry, we generally like the extra security. Our group doesn't break the law and generally supports law enforcement. If your group is providing alcohol to underage students or smoking some dubious cigarettes, then yes, I could see where it could cramp your style.

Reactions: KT8813
We tailgated in blue for Illinois, and it was the first time I'd really been in the lot in years. Was a much better experience, honestly, so I think the changes were for the better.

Sorry, we generally like the extra security. Our group doesn't break the law and generally supports law enforcement. If your group is providing alcohol to underage students or smoking some dubious cigarettes, then yes, I could see where it could cramp your style.
The good old “I don’t break the law, so I’m willing to give up my civil liberties to catch those who do” excuse.

Enjoy your police state! Until they need to invent crimes to squeeze money out of you. Especially now that their favorite revenue generator “smoking some dubious cigarettes” will no longer feed the prison industrial complex.

Is it that much harder to get into yellow vs blue? I never see cops busting people's balls in yellow

I believe different departments are assigned to different lots. That is why you see different policing tactics

The good old “I don’t break the law, so I’m willing to give up my civil liberties to catch those who do” excuse.

Enjoy your police state! Until they need to invent crimes to squeeze money out of you. Especially now that their favorite revenue generator “smoking some dubious cigarettes” will no longer feed the prison industrial complex.

Serious question: What civil liberties are being given up? I don't even notice police in the lots I have been in. Please, what am I missing, and is it only Blue lot?

And how many people get time for possession of or smoking "a" dubious cigarette? Prison industrial complex my patoot

Serious question: What civil liberties are being given up? I don't even notice police in the lots I have been in. Please, what am I missing, and is it only Blue lot?

Count sheriffs officers roam the blue lot and card I hopes of underage drinking summons. I don’t see this in other lots so it is a discriminatory policy against the blue lotters

Is it that much harder to get into yellow vs blue? I never see cops busting people's balls in yellow
The priority point cutoff is much higher, plus the donation level is increased.

For 2017
Yellow = 54 Priority Points + $1K
Blue = 19 Priority Points + $500

Reactions: vkj91
Seen harassment in Yellow - always keep an eye out - and - I am not a law breaker.

Drug sniffing dogs are used at the fan storage truck - really?

Seen harassment in Yellow - always keep an eye out - and - I am not a law breaker.

Drug sniffing dogs are used at the fan storage truck - really?

My brother and his family stayed at the Bridgewater Marriott Friday nite and the RU team was staying there. Amazing amount of State Police presence there. He also said that dogs were actively sniffing around the team buses.

Any chance they are sniffing for explosives and not drugs?

Meanwhile at the Jets game there were multiple car fires for people parking on top of hot coals. Typical Jets. Imagine watching your team lose again only to come out and see your car burned to a crisp. Mayhem was here

stadium%20fire.jpg

Reactions: Potbelly407
Count sheriffs officers roam the blue lot and card I hopes of underage drinking summons. I don’t see this in other lots so it is a discriminatory policy against the blue lotters

Still haven't stated what civil liberties are being given up. An here's a news flash maybe history has shown the majority of drinking violations occur there so that is where the police presence is greatest. Just like you see more police in Newark than in Essex Fells. If you have to drink to enjoy a game and are underage don't do it in public! Pretty simple.

Friend had a run in some years back with MCS - wrote him a ticket. Ever since they come looking for him to meet their "quota" due to a lack of student turnout.

Funny thing Mulshine witnessed the event and wrote an article for the Ledger about MCS harassing senior citizens.

Those cops must be useful in directing and moving traffic out of the lots after games. Or do they beat the rush themselves?

My brother and his family stayed at the Bridgewater Marriott Friday nite and the RU team was staying there. Amazing amount of State Police presence there. He also said that dogs were actively sniffing around the team buses.

Neither. I have it on good authority they were sniffing around for any semblance of an offense. The results were conclusively negative.

they are sniffing for bombs. I've seen them sweep through the RAC before a wrestling match, particularly on a day where there was a HS match in the morning and then RU in the afternoon and they are always up around the Scarlet Walk.

Still haven't stated what civil liberties are being given up. An here's a news flash maybe history has shown the majority of drinking violations occur there so that is where the police presence is greatest. Just like you see more police in Newark than in Essex Fells. If you have to drink to enjoy a game and are underage don't do it in public! Pretty simple.

Wow, you’re a genius. Of course the blue lot is where the most violations are. Because that is the only lot with cops that prowl and creep up on tailgates to write summons’s.
I hope you never jaywalk or speed!

Reactions: RUBigFrank
For what it's worth, Saturday was the first day I can remember seeing cops (didn't see if sheriffs or not) carding people in the Black lot.

Wow, you’re a genius. Of course the blue lot is where the most violations are. Because that is the only lot with cops that prowl and creep up on tailgates to write summons’s.
I hope you never jaywalk or speed!

I guess I could be considered a genius. But it doesn't take one to see you are a d-bag! Grow up and accept there are laws, like them or not!

I guess I could be considered a genius. But it doesn't take one to see you are a d-bag! Grow up and accept there are laws, like them or not!

That’s fine, then why not enforce the laws equally? Cops should be creeping into tailgates in all lots asking for ID’s by your logic . Stop the discrimination in the blue lot.

Yeah nothing like idiots driving through the parking lot on their ATVs and destroying peoples tailgates as they run and knock things over and into people (of legal age not doing anything illegal). Great stuff right there!

Reactions: RUsSKii and mdh2003
That’s fine, then why not enforce the laws equally? Cops should be creeping into tailgates in all lots asking for ID’s by your logic . Stop the discrimination in the blue lot.

Indiana game: cops were carding and ticketing a young couple in the yellow lot. The two kids were surrounded by (ultimately) 6 cops. Took them a good half hour to do all the talking and writing them up. I think the young lady is still crying her eyes out.

ADVERTISEMENT