ADVERTISEMENT

We made it : The Bottom 25

Put Rutgers, and Northwestern for that matter, in a MAC or AAC schedule and they wouldn't r on the list. Those teams didn't get pounded by the Big 10 elite. It takes a toll.

But it generates clicks

Is Rutgers and Northwestern going to operate on a MAC or AAC budget?

The "give them our schedule" posts always seem to leave out the tens of millions of dollars the AD receives along with that schedule.

Lucky we were are not at the bottom 10 of all FBS. They we have played the last 3 games certainly leaves question marks. Win at Maryland and all this talk goes away.

Reactions: BigEastWasBetter
Love when for whatever reason we groupselves with Northwestern. Didn't they play, and win, a NYD bowl game against an SEC Auburn team a couple years ago?

tumblr_o5zqayVGKG1ts0osto1_540.gif

Yeah but we are a BIG school . That’s not really a good argument .
Right. Probably being able to beat a few G5 teams doesn’t vindicate Schiano. The Texans would annihilate every college team, yet are a terrible team. Sure, different level of competition, but we’re closer to the Texans in talent than we are to Wagner and yet we need to schedule that low for a sure win.

Just what our conversation touched upon. The glee in his posts is so telling.
People like that need to get off the RU forums . Gets old when so called fans root against everything RU sports and then do it gleefully.

Plum- do you, Sam, shelby and moose all just go out searching for anything negative on Rutgers?

Asking for a friend
No . And I don’t think you would really need to search for it . If we were in top 25, I would post that too and be happy about it . But since we stink, it’s ok to acknowledge that too. Last I checked they get to play the games and get judged on that

At least we didn't make ESPN's Bottom 10 list, but did find our way into their Waiting List

Waiting List: Arkansaw State, Colora-duh State, Huh-why-yuh, Lose-ee-anna Tech, Charlotte 3-and-9ers, Old Duh-minions, Northern Ill-ugh-noise, Stampford, In A Rut-gers, No-braska, Temple of Doom

Plum- do you, Sam, shelby and moose all just go out searching for anything negative on Rutgers?

Asking for a friend
You nailed it , the ones you mentioned , plus more I can name , treat our athletes and the team they represent like shit. Day in and day out.

Reactions: Scarlet Jerry
By linking a cbs story I hate our kids and state university ? That makes no sense .
If the team stinks, they stink. Doesn’t mean any fan hates them .
Actually, we know you are a fan...the problem is, you and the ones I mentioned seem to just start negative threads all the time. But you guys do it in the way of linking an article, so it just seems to be relaying a story. It is similar to people on facebook that like to post a meme but when called out, they will say, they did not say anything negative, just shared a meme.

Asking for a friend
Plum occasionally states something positive towards Rutgers. I’ll let others decide for the group who looks to antagonize.Sometimes they’re 100% correct but most of the posts are negative even when there has been positives to talk about.If you support Schiano , Rutgers , Rutgers players then you are being hoodwinked by the scammer, shylock , HC who somehow has more knowledge on the subject of football than many.When you have the horses to win a race it’s much easier. 2 1/2 years is not.

Actually, we know you are a fan...the problem is, you and the ones I mentioned seem to just start negative threads all the time. But you guys do it in the way of linking an article, so it just seems to be relaying a story. It is similar to people on facebook that like to post a meme but when called out, they will say, they did not say anything negative, just shared a meme.
Why is it a problem ? If we are in the top 25 and I link that story , is that also a problem ? Or when I linked info about Geo’s basketball training sessions , was that a problem?
Seriously , I would like to know . It’s not like I am making stuff up.

Last edited:
Lucky we were are not at the bottom 10 of all FBS. They we have played the last 3 games certainly leaves question marks. Win at Maryland and all this talk goes away.
1) Michigan may very well be in the BCS Final 4 if not play for a national title (had lead going into 2nd half)
2) we almost upset MSU on the road
3) PSU likely plays in The Rose Bowl at 10-2 on the season (that damn blocked punt bullshit offside call completely changed trajectory of the game)

...there are "question marks," obviously, but pretty much the same ones we've had since pre-season.

Reactions: RUBOB72
Newsflash: the team is minimally competitive in the conference. The HC isn’t getting the job done and we’re stuck with him due to the unfavorable contract. Every lopsided loss sinks us further in recruiting.

Discussing these facts are off-limits on this forum ?

Here’s another bottom10 survey. Can anyone name 10 other head coaches accomplishing less relative to their salary ? Meaning, who’s making more than $4million a year and has 3 wins ? If there were a bottom 10 coaching list with success and pay as the considerations, Schiano would be on the list for sure.

The only reason he’s not on any hot seat list is because the media realizes we can’t afford to fire him anytime soon.

Newsflash: the team is minimally competitive in the conference. The HC isn’t getting the job done and we’re stuck with him due to the unfavorable contract. Every lopsided loss sinks us further in recruiting.

Discussing these facts are off-limits on this forum ?

Here’s another bottom10 survey. Can anyone name 10 other head coaches accomplishing less relative to their salary ? Meaning, who’s making more than $4million a year and has 3 wins ? If there were a bottom 10 coaching list with success and pay as the considerations, Schiano would be on the list for sure.

The only reason he’s not on any hot seat list is because the media realizes we can’t afford to fire him anytime soon.
Amen.

Reactions: PoundingNails
Posting the article doesn't mean anything.

However the editorializing with "We made it" is trolling.
A little bit.

1) Michigan may very well be in the BCS Final 4 if not play for a national title (had lead going into 2nd half)
2) we almost upset MSU on the road
3) PSU likely plays in The Rose Bowl at 10-2 on the season (that damn blocked punt bullshit offside call completely changed trajectory of the game)

...there are "question marks," obviously, but pretty much the same ones we've had since pre-season.
How do you explain collapses (at home) to a terrible Nebraska team and an embarrassing arse whopping of 40-0 by a mediocre Minnesota team ? And a Penalty filled and mental blunders game (Coach and Players) at MSU that cost us the game ??? Let’s see how we show up at Maryland on Saturday. Hopefully a Team that shows up prepared to win or make it close. If we get humiliated again this will not bode well for our off season recruiting efforts ( 2023 Class is very bad in talent) -and further questions Schiano’s future status at Rutgers.

How do you explain collapses (at home) to a terrible Nebraska team and an embarrassing arse whopping of 40-0 by a mediocre Minnesota team ? And a Penalty filled and mental blunders game (Coach and Players) at MSU that cost us the game ??? Let’s see how we show up at Maryland on Saturday. Hopefully a Team that shows up prepared to win or make it close. If we get humiliated again this will not bode well for our off season recruiting efforts ( 2023 Class is very bad in talent) -and further questions Schiano’s future status at Rutgers.
You brought up “the last 3 games.” I responded.

Correct you are what your record says you are.
Maybe maybe not there are reasons . You accept it and try to get better. The issue for some is it wouldn’t matter. We have people who would tell us we sucked at 10-2 want proof ? Still bitching about losing to WVU in triple OT 2006.

ADVERTISEMENT