ADVERTISEMENT

Weather for Indiana

bac2therac

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2001
Belle Mead NJ
Looking great at the moment with warming temps

We will have a big shot of unseasonably cold weather this week that will likely give our first widespread frost and also some freezes in the coldest spots. By friday temperatures will get bac into the 60s. On Saturday, early morning temps will be a bit chilly for the earliest tailgates but start to climb as we go through the morning under ample sunshine and in the afternoon, Saturday temps will ascend into the comfortable mid to perhaps upper 60s.

Looking great at the moment with warming temps

We will have a big shot of unseasonably cold weather this week that will likely give our first widespread frost and also some freezes in the coldest spots. By friday temperatures will get bac into the 60s. On Saturday, early morning temps will be a bit chilly for the earliest tailgates but start to climb as we go through the morning under ample sunshine and in the afternoon, Saturday temps will ascend into the comfortable mid to perhaps upper 60s.
Perfect example of why homecoming should be a 2 or 3:30 game. Oh well. At least it sounds like a great overall weather day.

Reactions: 29PAS and MrsScrew
This has been the best football weather year maybe ever. Including BC and Temple for those who went there

Reactions: MoreCowbellRU
Haven't watched a lick of football all weekend with all kinds of social activities going on, including our 40th HS reunion on Saturday and a friend's daughter's wedding up here in Crystal Springs (Sussex County - the old Playboy Club) today, so hadn't even thought of a weather thread, lol (in case people think I really care that much about starting these threads).

Anyway, yep, we're 6 days out, but I'd say it's a lock for a bit warmer than normal (avg high/low on 10/22 is 64/42F) and dry day on Saturday, which is unusual to say this far out, but the pattern this week is just so locked in on the models, that confidence is way higher than normal (see the NWS discussion below). Temps should start out with a morning low in the low 40s, rising into the 50s by about 10 am and to about 60F by kickoff, with an afternoon high in the mid/upper 60s and plenty of sunshine and dry conditions. And it's unlikely to be windy, although winds are hard to forecast this far out.

And as bac said, we're in for our coldest week of the fall from Tuesday through Thursday, with frost expected even along the 95 corridor on Weds/Thurs mornings (and freezes to the NW). Means snow can't be far off...

Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Mount Holly NJ
920 PM EDT Sun Oct 16 2022

LONG TERM /WEDNESDAY THROUGH SUNDAY/...

Otherwise, sunshine will only become more widespread through
the end of the week, as the upper-level low gradually lifts out
across Ontario, and surface high pressure shifts off the coast.
With the flow turning more southwesterly aloft, milder air will
take aim at our region through the weekend, with highs back into
the 60s for Friday, and even some low 70s likely for next
weekend. At this point the weekend is looking quite nice, with
only a low percentage of ensemble guidance suggesting any rain
might threaten by late Sunday or Monday.

Reactions: thegock
Looking like a gorgeous fall weekend for football, sunny, high of 69°!

Haven't watched a lick of football all weekend with all kinds of social activities going on, including our 40th HS reunion on Saturday and a friend's daughter's wedding up here in Crystal Springs (Sussex County - the old Playboy Club) today, so hadn't even thought of a weather thread, lol (in case people think I really care that much about starting these threads).

Anyway, yep, we're 6 days out, but I'd say it's a lock for a bit warmer than normal (avg high/low on 10/22 is 64/42F) and dry day on Saturday, which is unusual to say this far out, but the pattern this week is just so locked in on the models, that confidence is way higher than normal (see the NWS discussion below). Temps should start out with a morning low in the low 40s, rising into the 50s by about 10 am and to about 60F by kickoff, with an afternoon high in the mid/upper 60s and plenty of sunshine and dry conditions. And it's unlikely to be windy, although winds are hard to forecast this far out.

And as bac said, we're in for our coldest week of the fall from Tuesday through Thursday, with frost expected even along the 95 corridor on Weds/Thurs mornings (and freezes to the NW). Means snow can't be far off...

Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Mount Holly NJ
920 PM EDT Sun Oct 16 2022

LONG TERM /WEDNESDAY THROUGH SUNDAY/...

Otherwise, sunshine will only become more widespread through
the end of the week, as the upper-level low gradually lifts out
across Ontario, and surface high pressure shifts off the coast.
With the flow turning more southwesterly aloft, milder air will
take aim at our region through the weekend, with highs back into
the 60s for Friday, and even some low 70s likely for next
weekend. At this point the weekend is looking quite nice, with
only a low percentage of ensemble guidance suggesting any rain
might threaten by late Sunday or Monday.

Crystal springs is great, but not to hijack the thread, the playboy club isn’t at Crystal Springs. It’s at Great Gorge Golf Club a few miles north. I don’t believe it’s been functioning for a few years now.

Reactions: Mr_Twister
Crystal springs is great, but not to hijack the thread, the playboy club isn’t at Crystal Springs. It’s at Great Gorge Golf Club a few miles north. I don’t believe it’s been functioning for a few years now.
No worries. They make pills for that.

Reactions: mikemarc1
The original Playboy Club course is part of the Crystal Springs resort complex, which features 7 courses - played it a few times in the mid-80s, when I played a lot of golf. The wedding/reception was at the Ballyowen Country Club and the links style course there looked awesome and made me want to start playing golf again, lol.

http://theaposition.com/brianmccall...a-major-golf-destination-50-miles-from-gotham

Reactions: RUBOB72
The original Playboy Club course is part of the Crystal Springs resort complex, which features 7 courses - played it a few times in the mid-80s, when I played a lot of golf. The wedding/reception was at the Ballyowen Country Club and the links style course there looked awesome and made me want to start playing golf again, lol.

http://theaposition.com/brianmccall...a-major-golf-destination-50-miles-from-gotham

the playboy club course (Great Gorge Golf Club) is no longer part of Crystal Springs. They sold the course and the playboy club mansion in 2014 I think?…,the mansion is abandoned

Forget about 69. If we get lucky we will get more than that.

Low 70s are cropping up in some forecasts for highs..of course thats kijely around games end but still

Forget about 69. If we get lucky we will get more than that.

Low 70s are cropping up in some forecasts for highs..of course thats kijely around games end but still
I think you have that backwards. If we get lucky, we'll all get 69 and fortunately, the NWS still says 69!

zgnDO5x.png

the playboy club course (Great Gorge Golf Club) is no longer part of Crystal Springs. They sold the course and the playboy club mansion in 2014 I think?…,the mansion is abandoned

Your link doesn't mention the golf course as far as I could tell and mine did, saying it's part of the Crystal Springs resort complex stable of golf courses.

The resort’s least heralded course is the 27-hole layout at Great Gorge Country Club. While attributed to George Fazio, resort owner Gene Mulvihill says a young Tom Fazio (George’s nephew) did most of the legwork on this low-profile design marked by broad fairways and inverted saucer greens. Opened in 1970 as an amenity to Hugh Hefner’s famed Great Gorge Playboy Club, the layout boasts three distinct looks. The Quarry nine rambles around impressive rock outcrops; Lake drops 100 feet to gently rolling holes routed beside Black Creek; and Rail brings players to an eroded remnant of the railroad era at its par-3 third hole. The Playboy bunnies may be gone, but the golf course is a poignant reminder of a simpler time when architects tended to fit their designs to the existing landscape.

However, it's possible that the link I provided is outdated (it has no date that I can see), since the link to the actual course website says it's owned by the Koffman family. I hate when links don't show a date posted.

In 2016 and the Great Gorge golf course was purchased by the Koffman family and work began almost immediately to transform the dormant course. The new management team focused on restoring the 27-hole course by working on the conditions, turf management and clubhouse amenities. Work continues regularly to maintain the grounds and retain the challenging course for our golf-enthusiasts.

https://greatgorgegolfclub.com/heritage/

Your link doesn't mention the golf course as far as I could tell and mine did, saying it's part of the Crystal Springs resort complex stable of golf courses.

The resort’s least heralded course is the 27-hole layout at Great Gorge Country Club. While attributed to George Fazio, resort owner Gene Mulvihill says a young Tom Fazio (George’s nephew) did most of the legwork on this low-profile design marked by broad fairways and inverted saucer greens. Opened in 1970 as an amenity to Hugh Hefner’s famed Great Gorge Playboy Club, the layout boasts three distinct looks. The Quarry nine rambles around impressive rock outcrops; Lake drops 100 feet to gently rolling holes routed beside Black Creek; and Rail brings players to an eroded remnant of the railroad era at its par-3 third hole. The Playboy bunnies may be gone, but the golf course is a poignant reminder of a simpler time when architects tended to fit their designs to the existing landscape.

However, it's possible that the link I provided is outdated (it has no date that I can see), since the link to the actual course website says it's owned by the Koffman family. I hate when links don't show a date posted.

In 2016 and the Great Gorge golf course was purchased by the Koffman family and work began almost immediately to transform the dormant course. The new management team focused on restoring the 27-hole course by working on the conditions, turf management and clubhouse amenities. Work continues regularly to maintain the grounds and retain the challenging course for our golf-enthusiasts.

https://greatgorgegolfclub.com/heritage/

Per this report, Crystal Springs closed the golf course in 2014 and it was sold in 2016 to its current owners. The current owners didn’t purchase the playboy club at the time..but the building has changed hands often.

Reactions: RU848789
The incredible run of great gameday weather will continue, as it's simply going to be a spectacular fall day on Saturday. Nice crisp start with low temps around 40F, but quickly rising to near 50F by 9 am and 60F by noon, with a high during the game in the upper 60s with plenty of sunshine and zero chance of rain. Should also have light winds. Frost and freeze advisories/warnings are up for most of the region tonight...

Reactions: mikemarc1
So ...what's the weather for Great Gorge/Crystal Springs/Playboy Club/Ballyowen/Vernon Valley/Mountain Creek/Action Park looking like?

Reactions: newell138
Everything still on target for a beautiful day for Saturday's game.

Plenty of sun
Light winds
Still chilly for early tailgates as temps will start out around 40 at 8AM and probably not get into the 50s til maybe 930-10
Kick off temps around 60
Game temps rising through the 60s throughout peaking in the upper 60s by games end

Reactions: Local Shill
Without a breeze it was actually hot upstairs today.

Could have worn shorts.

big spread in New Brunswick today....35 for morning low and 70 for the high

bac in the boro we were 29 this morning and hit 71 and unbelievably 42 degree turn around

Reactions: RU848789
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT