ADVERTISEMENT

Weather for PSU @ RU: mid-30s in the am, highs in the upper 40s, dry w/mostly sunny skies

RU848789

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Metuchen, NJ
Didn't start a thread on Saturday, because I'm going to miss this game (family obligation). However, I know other will be going and might be interested, so here's the scoop: lock it up for a nice day for a tailgate and game, with dry conditions, mostly sunny skies and light winds, but below normal temps (normal is 55/35F).

All the precip from late Thursday into Friday (could be quite snowy well N/W of 95 and might even see some flakes from 95 S/E to the coast followed by lots of rain) should end by Friday afternoon. Chance of precip is near zero for Saturday morning/afternoon and there should be abundant sunshine. Morning lows should be in the mid-30s and afternoon highs in the mid/upper 40s. Winds will likely be in the 5-10 mph range (although they're hard to predict, so need to watch that), so they'll add a little chill, but nothing like this past Saturday's 20 mph sustained winds and gusts over 30 mph.

Still 5 days out, but we have pretty good model consensus on this and I wouldn't expect much change in the forecast. Enjoy if you go - even though I'm sure we'll get pasted, I still hate missing games.

Last edited:
You say in your thread lock it up and then further down you cover yourself saying it's still 5 days out. In that case don't say it's a lock. You should know that with weather forcasting. Shame on you.

You say in your thread lock it up and then further down you cover yourself saying it's still 5 days out. In that case don't say it's a lock. You should know that with weather forcasting. Shame on you.

"Shame on you?" It's the friggin' weather 5 days out. I wasn't as explicit as I meant to be. Alert the media. I meant to lock it up for dry, which for 95% of the fans is the most important element of a gameday forecast. My comment about pretty good consensus 5 days out was more about all the other stuff, which could vary a bit vs. what I said, like the temps, the wind, and the cloud cover, the last two of which are impossible to predict, exactly, more than a few days in advance. It will be dry, though - lock it up for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: AD888
Didn't start a thread on Saturday, because I'm going to miss this game (family obligation). However, I know other will be going and might be interested, so here's the scoop: lock it up for a nice day for a tailgate and game, with dry conditions, mostly sunny skies and light winds, but below normal temps (normal is 55/35F).

All the precip from late Thursday into Friday (could be quite snowy well N/W of 95 and might even see some flakes from 95 S/E to the coast followed by lots of rain) should end by Friday afternoon. Chance of precip is near zero for Saturday morning/afternoon and there should be abundant sunshine. Morning lows should be in the mid-30s and afternoon highs in the mid/upper 40s. Winds will likely be in the 5-10 mph range (although they're hard to predict, so need to watch that), so they'll add a little chill, but nothing like this past Saturday's 20 mph sustained winds and gusts over 30 mph.

Still 5 days out, but we have pretty good model consensus on this and I wouldn't expect much change in the forecast. Enjoy if you go - even though I'm sure we'll get pasted, I still hate missing games.

Essentially zero chance of any precip on Saturday. It will be dry. It should also be cool with low temps in the mid/upper 30s and high temps in the upper 40s. Should also be abundant sunshine, which will likely be cancelled out (from a warm/cold perspective) by light winds of 5-10 mph. Could be some minor variations in these parameters, but major changes look to be very unlikely. Should be a great day for football.

Reactions: beaced
Essentially zero chance of any precip on Saturday. It will be dry. It should also be cool with low temps in the mid/upper 30s and high temps in the upper 40s. Should also be abundant sunshine, which will likely be cancelled out (from a warm/cold perspective) by light winds of 5-10 mph. Could be some minor variations in these parameters, but major changes look to be very unlikely. Should be a great day for football.

No change in the forecast. This has been way easier than today's storm, lol. Will be in the upper 30s for a low and will rise into the upper 40s for a high and it'll be bone dry with abundant sunshine all day. Winds should be generally light at 5-10 mph. Football weather.

Reactions: AD888 and beaced
There should be plenty of psu students and families from nj. I ran into 2 of Davidowicz teammates from high school Wednesday night- need goes to meru and one attends Penn State. The Penn State student already had Thanksgiving break and was home in 10 days before the game. .

No change in the forecast. This has been way easier than today's storm, lol. Will be in the upper 30s for a low and will rise into the upper 40s for a high and it'll be bone dry with abundant sunshine all day. Winds should be generally light at 5-10 mph. Football weather.

One change: there will now be snow on the ground in the grass lots and it's going to be muddy, too, since it'll be above freezing with melting snow and it's been very wet lately. Plan accordingly, i.e., snowball fights, sledding, doing donuts in the lot.

Good lord another epic weather fail forecast. No sun since 10:30. Windy no sun overcast and cloudy.

Foreshame you guys

Reactions: rcube1994
WTF happened to Thanksgiving's forecast? Looked at it Friday night and was sunny and mid 40s. Perfect for the Philly parade. Today I see 32 as the high and wind chills at 16 degrees as the parade kicks off. Ugh!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT