ADVERTISEMENT

Weather for RU @ Temple: Looking Warm and Dry

RU848789

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Metuchen, NJ
It's looking like another repeat of the weekly pattern we've seen for the past 2 weeks, with unsettled weather early in the week followed by strong high pressure building in behind a cold front mid-week, followed by warm and dry conditions for several days, through at least Saturday. See the NWS discussion below.

While we're a week away it's hard to imagine much more confidence in a forecast for warm (highs around 80F and comfortable, i.e., lower dewpoints than today) and dry conditions for gameday this far out. It's tempting to call it a lock, but it's probably best to wait a day or two for that in case something pops up. FYI, 80F counts as seasonable for Philly on 9/17 where the average high/low is 79/61F. Wish I could be there but we're moving into our 2 week OCNJ rental that afternoon.

https://forecast.weather.gov/produc...&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off

LONG TERM /TUESDAY NIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY/...
Generally quiet conditions on tap for the Long Term period.
Surface high pressure builds into the Tennessee Valley and Mid-
Atlantic. Meanwhile, an upper trough with surface low pressure
passes north of the area Tuesday night through Wednesday. This
drags a cold front through the region on Wednesday, but with the
bulk of the upper level energy staying north of the region, not
expecting precip with its passage.

Thereafter, Canadian high pressure north of the Great Lakes
builds in from the north and west. That high gradually builds to
the south and east, eventually building over the area by
Saturday. Dry and mild conditions on tap to close out the week.

Reactions: RutgersK1d
Oh my God there was an idiot the other day telling us all that there is an entire thread talking about how bad the weather was going to be in Philly for this game. Sorry buddy, I love you, but this analysis can’t possibly be correct!

What I think is...

It's looking like another repeat of the weekly pattern we've seen for the past 2 weeks, with unsettled weather early in the week followed by strong high pressure building in behind a cold front mid-week, followed by warm and dry conditions for several days, through at least Saturday. See the NWS discussion below.

While we're a week away it's hard to imagine much more confidence in a forecast for warm (highs around 80F and comfortable, i.e., lower dewpoints than today) and dry conditions for gameday this far out. It's tempting to call it a lock, but it's probably best to wait a day or two for that in case something pops up. FYI, 80F counts as seasonable for Philly on 9/17 where the average high/low is 79/61F. Wish I could be there but we're moving into our 2 week OCNJ rental that afternoon.

https://forecast.weather.gov/produc...&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off

LONG TERM /TUESDAY NIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY/...

Still just about a lock for warm and dry for Saturday, despite what the NWS said in their discussion today about one GFS run showing a low bringing precip to the area, as subsequent runs and every other global model run has been dry.

Oh my God there was an idiot the other day telling us all that there is an entire thread talking about how bad the weather was going to be in Philly for this game. Sorry buddy, I love you, but this analysis can’t possibly be correct!
The idiot has been sent to the Pit of Misery like all trolls who show up here.

• Wow
Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Are you taking about this thread, this board or somewhere else? And yes said person is way wrong...

ADVERTISEMENT