ADVERTISEMENT

Weather For RU @ UW: seasonable, but iffy (a light shower or 2 possible)

RU848789

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Metuchen, NJ
September is generally a very dry month in Seattle (1.3" of rain typically, well below what it is for most months, given nearly 40" of rain per year - remember Seattle gets less rain than NYC), but the pattern late next week looks to be generally cloudy, a little cool, and some chances of light showers, including for Saturday. Nowhere near a washout, as any rain is likely to be quite light. Temps expected to be a few degrees below normal (74/56F is normal for 9/3). Still very possible that gameday is completely dry, as we're still a week out and the chances of showers are low. Wish I could be there...

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/sew/

The weather report for here will probably change about 10 times before the game.....since moving out here I've noticed it's not quite as "predictable" as NJ! At least the visitor seats look covered.

Early forecast for our trip shows Showers mid week and nice for Saturday. Keeping our fingers crossed.

Reactions: RUMountie
If a deluge would help us I would hope for one but I have a feeling the UDub's are very comfortable in the slop.

If a deluge would help us I would hope for one but I have a feeling the UDub's are very comfortable in the slop.

Why so? Less rain in Seattle than here and far less rain in most away locations they'd be playing in (4 in Cali, 2 in AZ and 1 each in eastern WA, UT, and CO are in dry locations vs. 2 in OR in wet locations) vs. where we'd be playing away games.

Why so? Less rain in Seattle than here and far less rain in most away locations they'd be playing in (4 in Cali, 2 in AZ and 1 each in eastern WA, UT, and CO are in dry locations vs. 2 in OR in wet locations) vs. where we'd be playing away games.

Seattle is 6th, however, in the "# of rainy days" category. More than any city in California, Arizona, or Utah. Also more days than any city in NJ, Ohio, Michigan, or any other B1G state aside from Ohio ( Cleveland) and Pennsylvania (Pitts). Not exactly a shocking Top 10, actually, lol!

THIS - the # of rainy days/year - is a cause of many Seattle's issues and perceptions (hence my reason for posting this).

https://www.currentresults.com/Weather-Extremes/US/wettest-cities.php

Last edited:
Seattle doesn't get a lot of downpours, it gets a lot of overcast / clowdy drizzly rainy days.

No real change from what I posted yesterday. As per the NWS-Seattle forecast office meteorologist's discussion, it's still too far out to know whether the cool/showery period late in the week will extend into and through Saturday. Since it's possible, they're still carrying a 20-30% chance of light showers (not a major rainmaker) for Saturday, but those showers might be over by early Saturday, leaving the day partly cloudy and dry.

http://forecast.weather.gov/product...EW&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1

LONG TERM...The large upper level low offshore will move slowly
inland across the region Thursday through Friday. It looks like
about three upper level shortwave troughs rotating around the main
low will move across W WA. This should be a mostly cloudy and
showery period with temperatures a little cooler than normal. The
model solutions have been inconsistent for this period so confidence
is only moderate. Confidence is lower for Saturday and Sunday. For
now I will maintain the broad brush chance of showers forecast.

Still no change in the forecast: mostly cloudy and seasonable (~70F) with a chance for a light shower or two, but no deluge. Model trends are toward it being completely dry, but the NWS hasn't taken the showers out of the forecast yet.

Gonna be spectacular back in NJ with a strong cold front coming through Thursday morning and leaving cooler than normal, low humidity, sunny weather in place through at least Monday (although temps will warm to the low/mid-80s by Monday). Just in time for our vacation week in OC NJ.

Reactions: Alaska_Dawg
Looks like strong chance of rain on Friday in Portland and Seattle for my drive up and morning rain to mid-day on Saturday in Seattle. Alumni tailgate is at Husky Union Bldg Sat morning; don't know if it is an indoor event or a patio event.

Last edited:
Still no change in the forecast: mostly cloudy and seasonable (~70F) with a chance for a light shower or two, but no deluge. Model trends are toward it being completely dry, but the NWS hasn't taken the showers out of the forecast yet.

Still no real change, other than the chance of showers has decreased a little (listed as 20%) and even if showers hit, they'll be very light (0.01" listed as possible). Should be otherwise mostly cloudy with temps in the upper 60s. This forecast has really never wavered.

Not much, buddy, what's up with you?

My kids used to love that one. They like me to trick their friends with it too.

Supposed to get some thunder showers today, hoping not as it will ruin my golf game. Shouldn't carry over to tomorrow anyhow. Good luck tomorrow.

My kids used to love that one. They like me to trick their friends with it too.

Supposed to get some thunder showers today, hoping not as it will ruin my golf game. Shouldn't carry over to tomorrow anyhow. Good luck tomorrow.
Got my wife with it the other day - Tyler and Corey thought it was hilarious.

batman-updog-charl_zpss4dd8qwa.jpg

"it's not that rainy in Seattle. This is their dry season."
It's raining a soaker out here right now.
There is something to stereotypes sometimes.

Sun came out for most of afternoon. Another shower in the evening

ADVERTISEMENT