ADVERTISEMENT

Weather for Wagner

bac2therac

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2001
Belle Mead NJ
10 days away. No specifics but the pattern continues to be on the warm side in the future. There is a good liklihood of temps in the 80s at least. We have been dry. There are some rain chances early next week but a very warm and dry regime may be in the offing after that

While the game is at 4...its the tailgates in the warm sun that end up draining people by halftime

10 days away. No specifics but the pattern continues to be on the warm side in the future. There is a good liklihood of temps in the 80s at least. We have been dry. There are some rain chances early next week but a very warm and dry regime may be in the offing after that

While the game is at 4...its the tailgates in the warm sun that end up draining people by halftime
Hope they water the grass on the field inside SHI stadium, and it is not full of brown patches like a lot of lawns.

Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF

• Sad
Reactions: bac2therac
There may be a shot at a front coming through sometime next weekend but zero confidence on timing really. Still looks like warm pattern regardless with highs in the mid 80s

Reactions: B1GRU91

I thought you hated threads this far in advance, given how crappy ten day forecasts are for a specific event/day (and pattern threads don't really apply for a specific event). Why the change? I assume this means you'll stop giving me grief when I start a potential winter storm thread 5 days out.

I thought you hated threads this far in advance, given how crappy ten day forecasts are for a specific event/day (and pattern threads don't really apply for a specific event). Why the change? I assume this means you'll stop giving me grief when I start a potential winter storm thread 5 days out.

I look forward to your forecast coming mid-week. I get much more out of what you share then I do from anyone I see on TV.

Reactions: TRU2RU and RU848789
I got no dog in this fight but suggest to remove the chip from shoulder. Childess from two smart cookies.

I got no dog in this fight but suggest to remove the chip from shoulder. Childess from two smart cookies.
No, childish is going against 15 years of railing against starting weather threads too early (anything more than 3 days before a game/event), so that he could be the one starting the thread - it's the only reason he started it. I usually start them 7 days out for a good meteorological reason, as that's the generally recognized limit of reasonable deterministic forecast accuracy.

It's not worth any more effort arguing about this, as I'll just post here when the time comes. In case anyone is curious, though, as stated many times before, the only reasons I have a minor interest in starting the threads is it enables me to edit the thread title, which some like (although bac is capable of that) and it makes it easier to find the threads to look back at, which I do once in awhile. I'll get by without that though and bac, troll2K, and Tango can giggle amongst themselves.

No, childish is going against 15 years of railing against starting weather threads too early (anything more than 3 days before a game/event), so that he could be the one starting the thread - it's the only reason he started it. I usually start them 7 days out for a good meteorological reason, as that's the generally recognized limit of reasonable deterministic forecast accuracy.

It's not worth any more effort arguing about this, as I'll just post here when the time comes. In case anyone is curious, though, as stated many times before, the only reasons I have a minor interest in starting the threads is it enables me to edit the thread title, which some like (although bac is capable of that) and it makes it easier to find the threads to look back at, which I do once in awhile. I'll get by without that though and bac, troll2K, and Tango can giggle amongst themselves.
We'll regardless I enjoy yours and others insights and come here for quality insights on such and other matters. Just in a cumbia mood of late given how crappy the world seems of late.

Reactions: RU848789
He did it just to get a response out of you and you handed it to him. Pathetic on his side.

Reactions: TRU2RU

agree that’s childish.

it’s also childish giving a s#!+ about it. Who cares???!??

These game weather threads as well as your winter storm threads are very valuable to me. Let’s not hijack it with pettiness

He did it just to get a response out of you and you handed it to him. Pathetic on his side.

No i did it to start the weather thread moron

Stop being babies

He can post it on the other board where he claims is so much better tho this board by far is the best. Too funny that a guy that had multiple breakdowns about this board is still here

7 days out confidence is increasing on very warm even hot weather at the end of period. Could be a Saturday scorcher

No i did it to start the weather thread moron

Stop being babies

He can post it on the other board where he claims is so much better tho this board by far is the best. Too funny that a guy that had multiple breakdowns about this board is still here
I remember when he declared his undying loyalty to John O, only to come crawling back here because most people didn't make the move (and he needed his attention fix).

200.gif

Still confidence on warmth but still a bit uncertain on sky conditions/rain. Lot of rain possible early to mid week then drying out Thursday and Friday possibly into the weeken but some models do have a shower chance at some point in the weekend

Stay tuned

Reactions: T2Kplus20
It's looking like a repeat of this past week's weather for this coming week, with strong high pressure building in behind a cold front mid-week, followed by warm and dry conditions for several days, where each day gets a little warmer and humidity increases. It's just about a lock for above normal temps on Saturday, with highs likely in the mid/upper 80s (avg hi/lo on 9/10 is 80/59F) and it's just about a lock for dry conditions, as every major model shows no precip until at least Sunday, but we are still 6 days out so there's still a bit of uncertainty on the precip forecast.

It's also very likely for Saturday to feature uncomfortable humidity levels, with dew points likely to be in the mid-60s (after a few days at 60F or below), which is much higher than the mid-50s we had for the BC game, which was very comfortable. If we get full sun (fairly likely), it's going to feel pretty hot out there and hydration will be important, especially for tailgates, as will use of sunscreen for most. Wind is unlikely to be an issue. Definitely a canopy day.

Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Mount Holly NJ
900 PM EDT Sun Sep 4 2022

LONG TERM /WEDNESDAY NIGHT THROUGH SUNDAY/...
Surface high pressure builds overhead with mid-level ridging
nudging north across the Mid-Atlantic Thursday through Saturday.
The next system to impact the area with showers moves into the
region Sunday or Monday. Peak afternoon temperatures will rise
a few degrees each day with readings in the mid to upper 80s by
Saturday and Sunday, but cooler in the mountains and at the
beaches.

https://www.weather.gov/phi/

Last edited:
I refuse to read or post in any weather threads not started by my new Bestie!

More confidence that Saturday will be dry and may not be as warm as initially thought...maybe things staying in the 80-85 range. Shower chance popping up for Sunday so just keep that in back of mind for any speeding up of that system

Reactions: T2Kplus20
More confidence that Saturday will be dry and may not be as warm as initially thought...maybe things staying in the 80-85 range. Shower chance popping up for Sunday so just keep that in back of mind for any speeding up of that system
Great post. Concise and effective. Thanks for the info!

Speaking of highly accurate forecasting, I can tell you with absolute certainty that there is a 0.0001% (rounded up) chance of the bolded assumption turning out true.

Reactions: RU848789

That forecast is totally gonna bust.

Seeing this weather report and how some are acting,
87044bce759d21ae83f684fdb4b82059235f4b64.gifv

makes me wonder about some of you.

We'll regardless I enjoy yours and others insights and come here for quality insights on such and other matters. Just in a cumbia mood of late given how crappy the world seems of late.
Thanks...and if @RUScrew85 and I can be BFFs (see the Boston party thread), world peace and harmony may be just around the corner. Time for a board group hug!

It's looking like a repeat of this past week's weather for this coming week, with strong high pressure building in behind a cold front mid-week, followed by warm and dry conditions for several days, where each day gets a little warmer and humidity increases. It's just about a lock for above normal temps on Saturday, with highs likely in the mid/upper 80s (avg hi/lo on 9/10 is 80/59F) and it's just about a lock for dry conditions, as every major model shows no precip until at least Sunday, but we are still 6 days out so there's still a bit of uncertainty on the precip forecast.

It's also very likely for Saturday to feature uncomfortable humidity levels, with dew points likely to be in the mid-60s (after a few days at 60F or below), which is much higher than the mid-50s we had for the BC game, which was very comfortable. If we get full sun (fairly likely), it's going to feel pretty hot out there and hydration will be important, especially for tailgates, as will use of sunscreen for most. Wind is unlikely to be an issue. Definitely a canopy day.

Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Mount Holly NJ
900 PM EDT Sun Sep 4 2022

LONG TERM /WEDNESDAY NIGHT THROUGH SUNDAY/...
Surface high pressure builds overhead with mid-level ridging
nudging north across the Mid-Atlantic Thursday through Saturday.
The next system to impact the area with showers moves into the
region Sunday or Monday. Peak afternoon temperatures will rise
a few degrees each day with readings in the mid to upper 80s by
Saturday and Sunday, but cooler in the mountains and at the
beaches.

https://www.weather.gov/phi/
Looking at the latest model runs and the latest NWS discussion, below, I'd say it's now a lock for warmer than normal temps on Saturday, with highs in the mid-80s, and dry conditions with essentially zero chance of rain and plenty of sunshine. It'll be a bit muggy with dewpoints in the low 60s, but that's certainly not oppressive, although it'll feel hot in the sun, so definitely canopy weather for our crew. Enjoy the slaughter.

https://forecast.weather.gov/produc...&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off

LONG TERM /FRIDAY THROUGH MONDAY/...
High pressure builds in from the north on Friday and will pass
nearly overhead on Saturday before moving offshore on Sunday.
Temperatures gradually rise into the weekend and will end up
being several degrees above normal, with highs getting into the
low to mid 80s Saturday and Sunday. Humidity levels will begin
to creep back up to over the weekend as return flow sets up
behind the departing high, and surface dew points rise back into
the lower 60s. Conditions will be dry through Saturday and into
most of Sunday.

Looking at the latest model runs and the latest NWS discussion, below, I'd say it's now a lock for warmer than normal temps on Saturday, with highs in the mid-80s, and dry conditions with essentially zero chance of rain and plenty of sunshine. It'll be a bit muggy with dewpoints in the low 60s, but that's certainly not oppressive, although it'll feel hot in the sun, so definitely canopy weather for our crew. Enjoy the slaughter.

https://forecast.weather.gov/produc...&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off

LONG TERM /FRIDAY THROUGH MONDAY/...
High pressure builds in from the north on Friday and will pass
nearly overhead on Saturday before moving offshore on Sunday.
Temperatures gradually rise into the weekend and will end up
being several degrees above normal, with highs getting into the
low to mid 80s Saturday and Sunday. Humidity levels will begin
to creep back up to over the weekend as return flow sets up
behind the departing high, and surface dew points rise back into
the lower 60s. Conditions will be dry through Saturday and into
most of Sunday.
Bac already covered this. Dup post. Please don't clutter up the thread.

ADVERTISEMENT