ADVERTISEMENT

Weed law and tailgating

bethlehemfan

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Sep 6, 2003
Question is it true that alcohol possession by a <21 year old is a now a warning? Will this allow for more students to tailgate near the stadium (assuming things get back to normal)? Thanks

It’s still going to be against the law, so I’m sure those rent-a-cops will continue to harass people and will write up those warnings like they are going out of style.

It’s still going to be against the law, so I’m sure those rent-a-cops will continue to harass people and will write up those warnings like they are going out of style.
Yes. The thing is those sheriffs officers are technically real cops . But as far as I understand they’re mostly glorified security guards in county buildings and transport of prisoners . They do no to little community policing except for 6 rutgers football games a year . What could go wrong ?

Yes. The thing is those sheriffs officers are technically real cops . But as far as I understand they’re mostly glorified security guards in county buildings and transport of prisoners . They do no to little community policing except for 6 rutgers football games a year . What could go wrong ?
And their training is practically non-existent. All it takes is political connections.

Reactions: Plum Street
I think you shouid give enough room from the car in front of you to brake safely when necessary.

Reactions: fsg2
Beer drinking now allowed by all teens . Cops can't do sh....t to them not even tell their parents . They do and THE COP can go to jail and get a HEAVY fine. Thanks murphy .

Are you saying people under 21 might drink now?
Looks like it:
Lawmakers voted to remove criminal penalties and only issue warnings to people under 21 caught with marijuana or alcohol Monday morning, putting a progressive proposal on Gov. Phil Murphy’s desk and hoping he will quickly sign it and two other bills to overhaul New Jersey’s marijuana laws.
Wow.

Compromise weed and drinking penalties bill passes minutes before Murphy’s legal marijuana deadline

Shouldn't be too much of an issue, in my experience it's like this at a lot of places. If anything should increase turnout lol

The arrests and heavy fines will be to the 21+ that are there with the underage kids...

This is a very interesting development and would be curious to see who wrote this legislation.

Seems very deliberate and designed to stop police from contact with youth that has led ( in some cases) with tragic results for the offender and the police officer.

Time will tell the implications ...

Reactions: Knightmoves
This is a very interesting development and would be curious to see who wrote this legislation.

Seems very deliberate and designed to stop police from contact with youth that has led ( in some cases) with tragic results for the offender and the police officer.

Time will tell the implications ...
Ron Rice inserted the poison pill.
Murphy swallowed it.

However, now the legislature can watch for problems in the new law and negotiate even more laws to patcb the holes opened by this law. Trying to be an omnibus marijuana reform law that tried to foresee and fix all problems all at once is why it took 3+ years in the first place.

Ron Rice inserted the poison pill.
Murphy swallowed it.

However, now the legislature can watch for problems in the new law and negotiate even more laws to patcb the holes opened by this law. Trying to be an omnibus marijuana reform law that tried to foresee and fix all problems all at once is why it took 3+ years in the first place.
It took 3+ years because THIS is New Jersey.

Reactions: newell138
I had no idea that alcohol was tucked in the legislation (if true).

But if it is true , this would be significantly boost to the quality of enjoyment for college kids throughout the state! And I personally hope it brings the students back onto Busch for tailgates

RU has coed dorms, doesn't have minus grades, and weed is legal in NJ and you can't be harassed for drinking or smoking weed before turning 21.

Not things the school will necessarily itself advertise, but all things that make RU a lot more fun than say, a school in Central PA which has none of that.

This is REALLY going to make this state safe 🙄

Well, considering the police now can't generate revenue off of victimless crimes like 20 year olds drinking White Claw and smoking weed, maybe they can dedicate themselves to actual problems.

It's almost like the Middlesex County Sheriff can now focus on the crime-ridden areas of NB and Perth Amboy instead of say, fining parents who let their 18 year old drink a beer with them at a tailgate.

There was a shooting off Easton Ave a few months ago. How about more investigations into that and less into plants and wine coolers? I know that'd make me feel safer.

Given warnings won't make them money, I am not so sure. Their whole existence has nothing to do with safety and everything to do with revenue generation.
100% sure the fines will go to the adults that are there with them for providing alcohol to minors

Not sure they can do that when it's a parent.
There will be a ton of underage college students drinking with 21+ college students.

Also curious, if it is on public grounds, why would a parent be allowed to give alcohol to their minor children?

If this was true when I was growing up I would have:

- Never huffed gas out of boredom
- Been roughed up by cops 2 fewer times than I have been
- Not have a general resentment toward cops
- Probably would have been less focused on drinking as a form of rebellion

You understand it’s all still illegal right?
You are telling me it’s illegal with no actual consequences and that’s not a good thing? I never had a problem with any 17- 22 year old drinking at a tailgate. It’s been done by most college age kids. Some are legal age ... many not. What I did not like were the fights, the sloppy falling all over, puking all over the campus but as you said it’s illegal with no overt consequences .

RU has coed dorms, doesn't have minus grades, and weed is legal in NJ and you can't be harassed for drinking or smoking weed before turning 21.

Not things the school will necessarily itself advertise, but all things that make RU a lot more fun than say, a school in Central PA which has none of that.

What about the 14-15 year olds drinking and toking heavily at the tailgate? They have a Get out of Jail Free Card.

But they don’t need to come to the RU game.

They can do it in their own neighborhood with the same protection. Maybe in your front yard.

Reactions: megadrone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT