ADVERTISEMENT

Weed law and tailgating

Hahahaha i never thought about this in relation to the middlesex county gestapo. Those fvckin dorks now have nothing to do at RU games awwww what a shame. Get fvcked. In 2019 we had a tailgate at the minny game for my 29th birthday, 29TH BIRTHDAY. And the jerkoffs came over and carded me for drinking along with my friends. I was soooo close to telling them to fvck off but bit my tongue

Reactions: biker7766
I was a volunteer EMT for several years and I can honestly say the drunks drove me away from it. Well over half the calls I was on were related to alcohol. These calls often had a few things in common... stupidity (by the subject and their friends), anger, lack of cooperation, always after midnight, and almost always avoidable. I came to the conclusion that answering calls involving drunken fools wasn’t why I became an EMT in the first place.

• Sad
Reactions: thegock
I was a volunteer EMT for several years and I can honestly say the drunks drove me away from it. Well over half the calls I was on were related to alcohol. These calls often had a few things in common... stupidity (by the subject and their friends), anger, lack of cooperation, always after midnight, and almost always avoidable. I came to the conclusion that answering calls involving drunken fools wasn’t why I became an EMT in the first place.
I just hope that the foolishness of this new law , which has A LOT of parents pissed off , doesn't cost the lives of teenagers who decide to test it and have a few beers and take a ride !

Would the police be with your child everywhere he or she goes to keep an eye on them?

Probably less likely now since it’s harder to be thrown in jail.
More opinion from someone who is not a parent . There is a saying that goes like this, the last day you are an expert on being a parent is the day before your first child is born. Maybe some day you will understand the saying until then thanks for trying .

Reactions: czxqa and BigRnj
More opinion from someone who is not a parent . There is a saying that goes like this, the last day you are an expert on being a parent is the day before your first child is born. Maybe some day you will understand the saying until then thanks for trying .

I am a parent and disagree with everything you are saying.

In these sorts of discussions, you seem to exhibit a near-total lack of nuanced thought. If only life was as black and white as you view it.

If someone is in an accident w/me or anybody else, and all they've done is ingest a small dose of pot, then I won't be any more upset with them than I would with someone who had three cups of coffee, or someone who only got four hours sleep the night before, or someone who stopped for two beers after work (assuming they aren't so tiny that two beers is too much - I know people who get buzzed from one beer).

If someone is actually incapacitated, and they drive, then that's an entirely different story. And people become far more incapacitated far more quickly from drinking than from ingesting pot.
Fact is both are dangerous to use when driving. I support the passage of the bill . That said it may be that you are a user more so than me. Never got anything out of weed. Realized alcohol is a dangerous thing once you step into a vehicle. My youngest son at the age of 38 was hit head on, if he wasn’t 6’1 - 245lbs and in good shape the 55 year old woman who was high on weed would have possibly killed him. According to the police investigation , if his wife or anyone else was in that passenger seat , they would have been long gone. So my disproval of all substances which inhibit one’s motor skills is based upon reality and not your perception of what may be less mind and muscle controlling. To each his own.

I am a parent and disagree with everything you are saying.
So you disagree that you don't have a right to know if your child does something illegal and is caught by the police ? You also have no problem with kids being tempted to drink at younger ages ? You also think cops should be thrown in jail and have to pay fines if they let you know ? Are you truly a parent ?

Let’s have a transparent , honest chat about child rearing . There are way to many parents who have no business being parents of a child . That is proven daily and reflects all sides of our social groupings. Parenting is by no means easy. It is a job for most as kids tend to try your patience as they grow older. Most will do something’s which make you go, “ are you F...ing kidding? “ So by not allowing police to notify the parents or guardian is asking for possibly worse in the future.

Now can we all agree that LESS government is a GOOD THING? Not just with this issue but MOST ISSUES.

I have always advocated for less government when it comes to keeping the gov out of the bedroom, off of women's bodies, and out of police abuse,

Reactions: Kbee3
Let’s have a transparent , honest chat about child rearing . There are way to many parents who have no business being parents of a child . That is proven daily and reflects all sides of our social groupings. Parenting is by no means easy. It is a job for most as kids tend to try your patience as they grow older. Most will do something’s which make you go, “ are you F...ing kidding? “ So by not allowing police to notify the parents or guardian is asking for possibly worse in the future.
All this did was make parenting in this state MUCH more difficult. One of the lead sponsors of the bill has no children . A lot of parents are having a hard enough time right now when it comes to decisions that have to made about things like schooling . Right now with it being winter it is easier keeping an eye on your kids with them being home more often but when it gets nice out ? There is a Republican who represents Ocean county who is now concerned about underage pot usage and drinking on beaches during the summer because cops will be afraid to approach those children . The PBA in NJ has told cops to back off and not approach kids . How good is that ? Should we as parents think little Johnny or Sarah is going to be perfect and not be under pressure from friends ?

Last edited:
Maybe you should be more in tune with what’s going on in your kids’ lives and stop relying on other people to do it for you, until then thanks for trying.
Thanks for thinking you know me and my interest in my sons life . And because you are not a parent your opinion does not matter . Thanks for playing

Reactions: RUBOB72
Not all parents are worried about random 14-15 year olds smoking weed on their front yard. Don’t know where you live but can tell you that’s not common
Have I posted anything about pot or is my concern about young teenagers drinking ? And again parents WOULD not want their children smoking pot on their front lawn ! Non parents like you are so F'in dumb ! Have a swell day .

What about the 14-15 year olds drinking and toking heavily at the tailgate? They have a Get out of Jail Free Card.

But they don’t need to come to the RU game.

They can do it in their own neighborhood with the same protection. Maybe in your front yard.

"WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN"

Horror.jpg

well, i'll tell you "what about the children".

when kids grow up, they can do drugs that won't harm them or those around them in the slightest, of which there is one, and only one, pot.

or they can do highly dangerous drugs like alcohol or tobacco, or hard drugs, which are all literally, not figuratively, 10,000 times more dangerous than pot at best, to both user and those around the user, and far more dangerous than that at worst..

even caffeine is many many times more harmful than pot.

what this country quite obviously needs badly, is real and honest drug education, and it's the absolute last thing the powers that be are giving us..

and no, kids shouldn't be taking any drugs.

Last edited:
"WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN"

Horror.jpg

well, i'll tell you "what about the children".

when kids grow up, they can do drugs that won't harm them or those around them in the slightest, of which there is one, and only one, pot.

or they can do highly dangerous drugs like alcohol or tobacco, or hard drugs, which are all literally, not figuratively, 10,000 times more dangerous than pot at best, to both user and those around the user, and far more dangerous than that at worst..

even caffeine is many many times more harmful than pot.

what this country quite obviously needs badly, is real and honest drug education, and it's the absolute last thing the powers that be are giving us..

and no, kids shouldn't be taking any drugs.
I guess in your mind there is nothing better then sharing a doobie or some ecstasy or poppers with a son or daughter. STUPIDITY but I would bet you are under age 50. 👌🤮

Reactions: goru1869
I guess in your mind there is nothing better then sharing a doobie or some ecstasy or poppers with a son or daughter. STUPIDITY but I would bet you are under age 50. 👌🤮

waaaayyy over 50, never done ecstasy, no idea what "poppers" are.

and i would highly encourage anyone to do pot over any other drugs, including alcohol, and if you wouldn't, you are a totally and completely irresponsible individual.

i'll bet you were finishing up your new Q sign, on your 2nd pack of Marlboros and 4th 5 Hr Energy for the day, and sharing a fifth with your dad when you made that post.

if not, that's even more embarrassing for you.

try and be more responsible in the future please, as lives have been, are, and always will, be impacted quite badly by choosing harmful drugs over the only non harmful one.

Last edited:
waaaayyy over 50, never done ecstasy, no idea what "poppers" are.

and i would highly encourage anyone to do pot over any other drugs, including alcohol, and if you wouldn't, you are a totally and completely irresponsible individual.

i'll bet you were finishing up your new Q sign, on your 2nd pack of Marlboros and 4th 5 Hr Energy for the day, and sharing a fifth with your dad when you made that post.

if not, that's even more embarrassing for you.

try and be more responsible in the future please, as lives have been, are, and always will, be impacted quite badly by choosing harmful drugs over the only non harmful one.
Yeah my father passed at 89 1/2... so if you would like to discuss my father let me know. Embarrassed because I don’t promote drugs. To me marijuana is not an actual drug . BTW: I supported the legalizing of it. So for you to bring anything up about drugs and if you think I support that your totally F’d up. Like I said : if would like discuss parents or your parents let me know😜

Yeah my father passed at 89 1/2... so if you would like to discuss my father let me know. Embarrassed because I don’t promote drugs. To me marijuana is not an actual drug . BTW: I supported the legalizing of it. So for you to bring anything up about drugs and if you think I support that your totally F’d up. Like I said : if would like discuss parents or your parents let me know😜

from reading that post, it was a little early to be drunk posting, don't you think.

or do you post that incoherently when sober?

you started the "family" thing, not me, and only after making a personal insult first, so go clean your own house.

and i'll totally stand by my assertion that being most will do some kind of drug, if they are going to, as a people we absolutely should steer them toward MJ, and away from everything else.

from reading that post, it was a little early to be drunk posting, don't you think.

or do you post that incoherently when sober?

you started the "family" thing, not me, and only after making a personal insult first, so go clean your own house.

and i'll totally stand by my assertion that being most will do some kind of drug, if they are going to, as a people we absolutely should steer them toward MJ, and away from everything else.
You can stand by YOUR ASS insertion... if you want to discuss parenting styles and fathers let me know.👍🏻

I believe your doped up mind needs to go back and make sure who insulted you . I told you I don’t want some underage kid doing drugs of any type on my property . Same with booze . Maybe you do I don’t. If you accept that behavior that’s your issue.Thanks for stopping by.😜

done.

sorry. obviously a strained issue at the wrong time.

sorry about your dad.

like i said, i'm old. been there.
Listen ... if you support the use of marijuana in an under 18 that is not being responsible. After that age I realize it is a personal choice as a young adult. There are numerous studies on the use of drugs under ages 18-21 . People not seeing an issue are blind and alcohol is worse. BTW: I don’t live in a fantasy world I have witnessed many kids who become addicted to those things. Maybe we should work to educate these young people starting in grammar school. Sorry for the disagreement. Do what you want .

Listen ... if you support the use of marijuana in an under 18 that is not being responsible. After that age I realize it is a personal choice as a young adult. There are numerous studies on the use of drugs under ages 18-21 . People not seeing an issue are blind and alcohol is worse. BTW: I don’t live in a fantasy world I have witnessed many kids who become addicted to those things. Maybe we should work to educate these young people starting in grammar school. Sorry for the disagreement. Do what you want .

Watch your kids, develop a strong relationship with them and do your job as a parent and you won't need the cops to tell you anything.

Reactions: RUBOB72

absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

where did i encourage kids doing pot.

that said, anyone is far better off doing pot rather than more harmful drugs, and lots of college kids doing alcohol by the case.

they would be much much much better off doing pot, and society needs to steer kids away from booze and tobacco and hard drugs.

Reactions: RUDiddy777
Watch your kids, develop a strong relationship with them and do your job as a parent and you won't need the cops to tell you anything.

I've done that with my kids. I'm worried about the kids who weren't parented that way and are problems.

that said, anyone is far better off doing pot rather than more harmful drugs, and lots of college kids doing alcohol by the case.

they would be much much much better off doing pot, and society needs to steer kids away from booze and tobacco and hard drugs.
I never said you encouraged kids to smoke pit .What you attempted to try was make it appear it’s ok to have kids smoking or taking drugs on “ your front lawn”. Then your stupid comment about “ drinking with your dad”. Continue your innocent “ it ‘s not me... it’s you”. You say you are Waaaay over 50? Maybe act like you have so

I wanna know when we're getting our first weed store in New Jersey.

I wanna know when we're getting our first weed store in New Jersey.
Aren’t they called head shops?

First time I saw a sign for a head shop, I misunderstood what they were selling. Walked in and within seconds, got slapped by the pretty woman working there.

All I did was ask her for some of what I thought they were selling. 😇

If you read the news today out of Hudson County it shows a specific reason parents are not good examples for use on drugs and alcohol usage for their children. Even if it’s only marijuana. A stellar record of abuses regarding under the influence and a state Senator no less. Not 1 time... not 2 times... multiple times.

Aren’t they called head shops?

First time I saw a sign for a head shop, I misunderstood what they were selling. Walked in and within seconds, got slapped by the pretty woman working there.

All I did was ask her for some of what I thought they were selling. 😇
I don't know if you'd be interested, but there's a head shop in West New York.
But its employees are all male.

I don't know if you'd be interested, but there's a head shop in West New York.
But its employees are all male.
Ha ha. Definitely not interested if they are all male, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Also, I don't actually do any drugs these days, despite the hookers and blow schtick or my positions on marijuana legalization and use. Hell, I hardly ever drink anymore. Haven't ever been with a hooker either. Shocking, I know. 🙂

I'm definitely not opposed to recreational drug use (or prostitution, which I also think should be similarly legalized, lightly regulated for provider/participant well-being, and taxed). Freedom, baby!

I can see myself engaging in some edibles if I could get pot from safe sources, which should be the case once NJ opens dispensaries.

Edibles made from black market sourced pot can contain toxins or carcinogens one should avoid. Drug lords aren't known for prioritizing the health of their customers over the profitability of their business. So one can reasonably expect them to use the cheapest solution to things like insect infestation. And the cheapest solutions are often extremely toxic chemicals.

ADVERTISEMENT