ADVERTISEMENT

Week 2 Rutgers and Syracuse on ACC Network

RURM85

All American
Dec 1, 2012
As expected Rutgers and Syracuse is on the ACC Network, 2:00 PM start time. Welp, I have Comcast as my cable provider and Comcast does not carry the ACC Network. Better hope that the YES Network picks this game up as they did with a few ACCN games last year, otherwise, not exactly sure what I'm going to do. Hate the thought of having to purchase a streaming service just to watch the game. Maybe a streaming service will offer a 7 days free trial and then I'll cancel?

As expected Rutgers and Syracuse is on the ACC Network, 2:00 PM start time. Welp, I have Comcast as my cable provider and Comcast does not carry the ACC Network. Better hope that the YES Network picks this game up as they did with a few ACCN games last year, otherwise, not exactly sure what I'm going to do. Hate the thought of having to purchase a streaming service just to watch the game. Maybe a streaming service will offer a 7 days free trial and then I'll cancel?

Not sure where you're located but Rutgers watch parties are a lot of fun. Myself and @AreYouNUTS have hosted one in Hoboken for years. A few other well established ones throughout other parts of NJ (and outside NJ).

I have a feeling they'll be showing the game somewhere at or near Rutgers. Maybe some of the establishments in downtown New Brunswick or the Yard at Rutgers.

I have a feeling they'll be showing the game somewhere at or near Rutgers. Maybe some of the establishments in downtown New Brunswick or the Yard at Rutgers.
Good idea. Also think the YES Network may pick up the game as they do with 1-2 ACCN games each week. Checked the Yankees schedule and on 9/11, they play a night game against the Mets, thus, wouldn't be a conflict. Believe that there's also an ACCN 11AM game the same day between a Big 10 team and an ACC team (Virginia).

Good idea. Also think the YES Network may pick up the game as they do with 1-2 ACCN games each week. Checked the Yankees schedule and on 9/11, they play a night game against the Mets, thus, wouldn't be a conflict. Believe that there's also an ACCN 11AM game the same day between a Big 10 team and an ACC team (Virginia).
It would be great to celebrate wins by two of NY's teams- Rutgers and the Mets.

I’ll be available for the coin toss if they need a guy.

You Tube TV has ACC network and I believe they still offer a free trial.

It's pretty much a day trip to Syracuse if you are in NJ. 4 hours up...4 hour game...4 hours back. You could leave at 9am & be home by 10pm.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
The game wil absolutely not be on YES.
YES shows ACC games designated for RSNs (regional sports networks)

Last edited:
Reactions: PSU_Nut
The Olive Branch always shows all Rutgers games, with full game sound and lots of giveaways - best place in town for RU games.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
i would not be surprised by that at all and it would make good ratings sense for YES and the ACC Network. If not, I'm sure something will be going on in New Brunswick and there's always Chris and Ray.

Hmmmmmm........doesn't someone do a bus trip up to these games????
That’s how I went in 2005(?) with Lisa Gonzales and the Scarlet R. I think my Dad still has the hat they gave us.

Beat me to it!

Hmmmmmm........doesn't someone do a bus trip up to these games????

first time we went to psu I rented a 22 seat party bus. TV's, grills, all the food included. The driver grilled everything up for us. We only had to add alcohol and desserts for the tailgate. it was awesome. Except for the rain and, well, you know, the game.

i would not be surprised by that at all and it would make good ratings sense for YES and the ACC Network. If not, I'm sure something will be going on in New Brunswick and there's always Chris and Ray.
They won’t. The game is on ACC network. What the YES network shows are the RSN games still owned by Raycom. They are branded ACC network extra games but shown on those channels. So YES will be showing the Middle Tennessee State vs Virginia Tech game during the Rutgers game.

Reactions: Local Shill
Been up to Rutgers games a bunch of times, either driving from Sussex County or taking a bus with the Rutgers Touchdown Club or Scarlet R.

first time we went to psu I rented a 22 seat party bus. TV's, grills, all the food included. The driver grilled everything up for us. We only had to add alcohol and desserts for the tailgate. it was awesome. Except for the rain and, well, you know, the game.
Methinks you missed the joke.
I can't imagine what is worse: (1) 4 hours in Syracuse, or (2) 8 hours on a bus with Finkenstadt & friends

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT