ADVERTISEMENT

Well Dinardo thinks we will stink

There's more than one way to suck at cfb. We know that better than anyone.
Is this the same Dinardo that sang the praises of Ash during his first campaign? Something along the lines of most physical and athletic performance he saw on the trip so far. I dont put much into what Dinardo has to say. Unless he’s talking about cioffis deli. Then he is on point.

I am amazed that some people actually are surprised that we are universally viewed outside of this board as a very bad football program. We have done absolutely nothing in the B1G to date in football to indicate that we belong in this conference on the field. Until we prove otherwise on the field, all the talk, recruiting wins, etc. will mean absolutely nothing in regards to being given any respect from the media and fans alike.

Stink is relative…what was the context ? Under Schiano or anyone else we could have hired for a lot less and gotten the same underwhelming record, we will stink in the conference and division. But we will not ESPN Bottom 10 stink and be a national joke. We could stink in the conference and still compete for a bowl slot every few years thanks to the rigorous OOC we are infamous for. Do they still have the historic Bluebonnet Bowl in Houston ? Or the Independence Bowl in Shreveport ? I’d sign up for one of those to play another team that also doesn’t stink on a national scale. Like Utah State. The prospect of that epic matchup is exhilarating. Thanks Greg !!

Last edited:
Reactions: JRZEER
Never ceases to amaze me how some posters, in both football and basketball, will continue to harp on about our OCC schedule when we play in one of the toughest conferences in the nation. Over the next few years our OCC will include BC and VaTech. Are we supposed to schedule stronger programs then this and then play Mich., MSU, tOSU and PSU on a yearly basis with the possibility of Wisconsin, USC, UCLA and Iowa also being there?
EVERYONE, even NC contenders, play a couple of Oswalds (patsies) each year and one similarly competitive program. For tOSU that would mean a top 20 school. At this point it's VaTech and BC for us.

Alabama's OCC schedule this year includes Texas, Utah St, La-Monroe and Austin Peay.
Georgia - Oregon, Samford, Kent St.
tOSU - Notre Dame, Arkansas St, Toledo

Last edited:
the Independence Bowl

Has been around for nearly 50 years. A partial list of schools who have played there over the past decade or so:
BYU
Miami
Florida St.
Arizona
Missouri
Georgia Tech
South Carolina

Matter of fact if you go back just a little longer than that the 2009 Independence Bowl match up?
Georgia vs. Texas A&M

Over the next 3 to 4 years would I be happy with an Independence Bowl invite?
Absolutely.

I am amazed that some people actually are surprised that we are universally viewed outside of this board as a very bad football program. We have done absolutely nothing in the B1G to date in football to indicate that we belong in this conference on the field. Until we prove otherwise on the field, all the talk, recruiting wins, etc. will mean absolutely nothing in regards to being given any respect from the media and fans alike.
This.
We haven’t won a B1G football game at home in over 4+ years. He is right we stink until we prove otherwise.

Last edited:
Stink is relative…what was the context ? Under Schiano or anyone else we could have hired for a lot less and gotten the same underwhelming record, we will stink in the conference and division. But we will not ESPN Bottom 10 stink and be a national joke. We could stink in the conference and still compete for a bowl slot every few years thanks to the rigorous OOC we are infamous for. Do they still have the historic Bluebonnet Bowl in Houston ? Or the Independence Bowl in Shreveport ? I’d sign up for one of those to play another team that also doesn’t stink on a national scale. Like Utah State. The prospect of that epic matchup is exhilarating. Thanks Greg !!
Your Greg hate is tired. Stop trolling or go away.

And your example sucks ... Utah State has been much better program than we have for a decade+.

Your Greg hate is tired. Stop trolling or go away.

And your example sucks ... Utah State has been much better program than we have for a decade+.
If we played Utah St. we would be favored. They had a good team last year but since 2015 they've only had three winning seasons one of which was 7-6.
Even Utah St. has it's Oswalds. They play Weber St. and open the season at home vs......UConn.
In between those two games they go to Alabama. I wonder if any team in history played the worst team in the country and the #1 team on back to back weekends.
It could happen here.

Last edited:
If we played Utah St. we would be favored. They had a good team last year but since 2015 they've only had three winning seasons one of which was 7-6.
Even Utah St. has it's Oswalds. They play Weber St. and open the season at home vs......UConn.
In between those two games they go to Alabama. I wonder if any team in history played the worst team in the country and the #1 team on back to back weekends.
It could happen here.

How many winning seasons have we had since 2015?

How many winning seasons have we had since 2015?
I understand that and I see your point but do you think that if we played Utah St. on a neutral field (AKA a bowl game) that they would be favored?
Don't you think that we would have a winning record in the Mountain West?
I agree 100% with you that we have along way to go but were better than Utah St.
IMHO

I understand that and I see your point but do you think that if we played Utah St. on a neutral field (AKA a bowl game) that they would be favored?
Don't you think that we would have a winning record in the Mountain West?
I agree 100% with you that we have along way to go but were better than Utah St.
IMHO

I was originally going to clarify that I meant UT State has been more competitive and exciting, respectively, but since @RUfinally2008 so kindly posted the Massey rating link in the other thread, I went back to the year-end rankings for each year since 2012, and we topped them exactly once. Even in our solid winning years, like 2014 and 2012, they were above us, well above in 2012.

So no, I have no reason to think we're better over that stretch, or now. And they definitely know how to score actual points and have QB play I only dream about seeing here.

We might be favored based on conference (though not too confident with our horrific rep), but I would not mark it as an auto W at all.

Full disclosure: Utah State is among my other fave teams behind RU ...but that's why I know they've been largely more exciting, less frustrating over a good 10+.

Reactions: colbert17
I was originally going to clarify that I meant UT State has been more competitive and exciting, respectively, but since @RUfinally2008 so kindly posted the Massey rating link in the other thread, I went back to the year-end rankings for each year since 2012, and we topped them exactly once. Even in our solid winning years, like 2014 and 2012, they were above us, well above in 2012.

So no, I have no reason to think we're better over that stretch, or now. And they definitely know how to score actual points and have QB play I only dream about seeing here.

We might be favored based on conference (though not too confident with our horrific rep), but I would not mark it as an auto W at all.

Full disclosure: Utah State is among my other fave teams behind RU ...but that's why I know they've been largely more exciting, less frustrating over a good 10+.
I concede your point. Go Aggies!!!! :) :) :)

Reactions: fsg2
If you just watched the BIG Show.
He said the best thing was the unique drills we run in practice . And we match up well with “Hofstra” and temple
Yay and this is our home network !
Let’s go beat Hofstra!!!
Fvck Dinardo!

Is this the same Dinardo that sang the praises of Ash during his first campaign? Something along the lines of most physical and athletic performance he saw on the trip so far. I dont put much into what Dinardo has to say. Unless he’s talking about cioffis deli. Then he is on point.
Dinardo is the Jim Cramer of college football!

I think he is correct. Idk what our fan base has been seeing all off-season.

We graduated a lot of guys who played A LOT

Brand new OL of missionaries who don’t know each other.
Our QB can’t throw well
No threat at RB
Our best WR quit his team 3 games into last season and our second best WR is coming off an ACL
Our front 7 is very young and it sounds like we can’t even find 3 starting LBers right now

3-9 written all over this season. Maybe 4-8

Our QB can’t throw well
No threat at RB
Our best WR quit his team 3 games into last season and our second best WR is coming off an ACL
Our front 7 is very young and it sounds like we can’t even find 3 starting LBers right now

Depressing read

Our QB can’t throw well
No threat at RB

The OL will be better . Just because the guys last year were pretty bad.
I have a feeling we will stubbornly stick with vedral. He does have enough ability to go up to BC to get a win for us . Huge game.

Reactions: thegock
Haha you guys are brutal and just cant deal with someone being honest. Its a rebuilding year. 2024 is the year we turn the corner.

Dinardo likes RU and is a friend of RU

Our QB can’t throw well
No threat at RB

The “quit his team” thing is being very overblown by you as if itll effect his production this year haha

I saw the interview, I don’t think it came across as “we stink”. In the past, the B1G camp coverage tended to be overly hopeful, they seem to be more realistic now. There are legitimate questions about the OL and QB (Schiano mentioned those two areas as unsettled now), very little experience at LB. On paper, the recruiting has been much better lately but those players are very green. I think the DL and DBs should be solid. The B1G schedule is very tough with crossover games with NEB, Iowa, Minn. I think the game @ BC will be crucial as to whether the team can get to bowl eligibility.

No one said RU stinks. The OL needs some work but has the size needed. The season hinges on the OL and QB. I think some people thought this was as going to be a significant change vs last year right off the bat. GS will have these guys ready to battle but it’s probably going to take more time.

Haha you guys are brutal and just cant deal with someone being honest. Its a rebuilding year. 2024 is the year we turn the corner.

We can deal with it.
Schiano 1 the team wasn’t good until year 5.

Maybe do a little research, with that OOC schedule you're whining about RU according to many sites has somewhere between a Top 10 to Top 20 toughest schedule in the nation for 2022.

BTW the sewercuse board is perfect for toxic fans like you.

If you just watched the BIG Show.
He said the best thing was the unique drills we run in practice . And we match up well with “Hofstra” and temple
Yay and this is our home network !
Let’s go beat Hofstra!!!
What were your expectations then for this season? Bowl game, conference championship, CFP spot?

Skoolie mostly nailed it though I disagree with one or two comments. This is a transition year, the team's progress won't be measured in wins due to how tough the schedule is. Watch the young guys develop this season. The next few seasons should be much better with the experience they gain this year.

What I get out of the article is that:

There is not a lot of continuity on the offense. There is SOME talent but they've never played together, let alone at the level of B1G football, and they haven't meshed as of yet.

Defense could be good but there are issues at LB. Is that any different than what people have posted here since the injuries?

Not a hater, but not Quint and Carc salivating over a Syracuse lacrosse team that didn't win enough qames to even qualify as an at large team in the tourney.

Hahaha 👍

What were your expectations then for this season? Bowl game, conference championship, CFP spot?

Skoolie mostly nailed it though I disagree with one or two comments. This is a transition year, the team's progress won't be measured in wins due to how tough the schedule is. Watch the young guys develop this season. The next few seasons should be much better with the experience they gain this year.
4-8 or 5-7.
5 wins would be a good season
Tired of stinking, but this is where we are at.

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
I think Dinardo is fair.His usual comments for most teams on the lower echelon of the Big Ten. Win your out of conference games because Big Ten wins are hard to come by.Not a knock on Rutgers. I don’t get worked up with this assessment.
I think with better speed, size and strength we see a big improvement across the board.
Especially speed, when that happens our specials can really make a difference.
Are we there yet?
Who knows?
That’s why we play the games!

I think Dinardo is fair.His usual comments for most teams on the lower echelon of the Big Ten. Win your out of conference games because Big Ten wins are hard to come by.Not a knock on Rutgers. I don’t get worked up with this assessment.
I think with better speed, size and strength we see a big improvement across the board.
Especially speed, when that happens our specials can really make a difference.
Are we there yet?
Who knows?
That’s why we play the games!
We, The Rutgers nation are hoping and praying that coach Schiano and his staff can outwork other middling BIG programs. It will be a tough slog talent wise to compete with OSU, Michigan and Penn State, but we can capture a win from these teams every so often.

Reactions: 50 yd line RR
ADVERTISEMENT