ADVERTISEMENT

West Virginia shade

Not that hard to slam us these days, but geez did you have to bring up 80-7?

I wonder how many of the writer's aunts/uncles are brothers/sisters.

Fansided Hail WV
WVU football: Recruiting account slams Rutgers coach
Guido vs Hillbilly week was not that much fun.
The next time we see them will be in a bowl game. They are holding there own in the Big 12 but don't know how long they can sustain all that travel with no other conference members in the same time zone.
I really think our programs are trending in opposite directions.

Dirty Hillbilly U, sweet trailer park across from the stadium!
Free MBA with every paid admission.

It's because opponents always mock Rutgers is the reason why I don't give them high praise. I respect other programs, but that doesn't mean I have to like them. At the end of the day they are the enemy and it shall be treated that way.

A whole lot of “It’s alright, it’s ok, you will work for us someday...” going on here...

We've got 13 other teams in our conference. Ten are farther than that, with Ohio State just missing the cut at over +500.

I don't care enough to look the #s up, but the PAC12 also seems fairly spread out, beside each's "local" rival. BC is in the same division as FSU/Louisville. Pitt same as Miami.

You might lose your culture, but playing in a conference far, far away isn't that big a deal if you still get national exposure every week. And TV money >>>>>>> travel expenses.

Btw, I'd love to play them again... just to end the streak.
I'm just saying that kids in Texas and Oklahoma don't want to play in f'ing west virginia. Their coach is the only reason they are good right now.

Reactions: ATIOH
We've got 13 other teams in our conference. Ten are farther than that, with Ohio State just missing the cut at over +500.

I don't care enough to look the #s up, but the PAC12 also seems fairly spread out, beside each's "local" rival. BC is in the same division as FSU/Louisville. Pitt same as Miami.

You might lose your culture, but playing in a conference far, far away isn't that big a deal if you still get national exposure every week. And TV money >>>>>>> travel expenses.

Btw, I'd love to play them again... just to end the streak.
At least we have Maryland and Penn State.
Who is there closest conference member
https://www.google.com/search?q=nca...4Q420IRg&biw=375&bih=559#imgrc=Nhxi7U6TFdcOtM:

They are in the wrong conference. They would thrive in the ACC. The Big 12, as dysfunctional as it is, wasn’t a great landing place for them.

Scarlet Jerry

They are in the wrong conference. They would thrive in the ACC. The Big 12, as dysfunctional as it is, wasn’t a great landing place for them.

Scarlet Jerry

Don’t blame them for making the leap within the context of the time though they probably had more bargaining power than they thought. Their house was crumbling and they jumped at the first decent house that came on the market...but a few months later some other really good houses became available and they were already tied up.

Joe P.

Don’t blame them for making the leap within the context of the time though they probably had more bargaining power than they thought. Their house was crumbling and they jumped at the first decent house that came on the market...but a few months later some other really good houses became available and they were already tied up.

Joe P.
To be honest, I still don't think the ACC would have taken them and still might have opted for UL. Hard to tell in hindsight, but the ACC was (and still is) not interested in WVU. Maybe they go to the Big 10 with Maryland, but that one might have been a stretch too.

Reactions: JoeRU0304
To be honest, I still don't think the ACC would have taken them and still might have opted for UL. Hard to tell in hindsight, but the ACC was (and still is) not interested in WVU. Maybe they go to the Big 10 with Maryland, but that one might have been a stretch too.
If the ACC passed on them, what makes you think the B1G would grabbed them?

Ummmmmm.........they're missing the first prerequisite for joining the Big 10: AAU membership.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT