ADVERTISEMENT

What 2018 record does Chris Ash need to keep his job?

What 2018 record does Chris Ash need to keep his job?

• 7-5

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • 6-6

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • 5-7

Votes: 20 9.1%
  • 4-8

Votes: 33 15.1%
  • 3-9

Votes: 16 7.3%
  • 2-10

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • Ash stays no matter what

Votes: 126 57.5%

• Total voters
As already pretty much stated here, Ash is staying no matter what the hell happens on the field. The last thing this program needs is another shake up in the coaching staff! Plus, we are already bleeding enough cash as it is.
If actual records counted all that much the womens BB would have a new person.

I was leaning towards him staying no matter what but if we go 0-12 or 1-11, I really would find it hard to justify.

I went with 4-8 just because that should be his floor this season. No reason not to win at least 2 of the OOC games (we should beat Kansas too) and win at least 1-2 conference games against Indiana, Illinois, Northwestern and Maryland.

Reactions: BigTenRutgers
Stupid poll. Why no option for 1-11?
Stupid response. There is also no option for 8-4, 9-3, 10-2, 11-1 or 12-0 either. If you don't like the poll, don't vote.

P.S. The outraged, over-the-top responses from some posters are funny. Current results have 63% saying Ash's job is safe with 37% thinking he has to achieve a certain record to avoid being fired. I guess the guys who were accustomed to controlling the narrative on here are having a hard time realizing the days of silencing minority opinions are over.

Last edited:
Stupid response. There is also no option for 8-4, 9-3, 10-2, 11-1 or 12-0 either. If you don't like the poll, don't vote.
Fla._Refuses_to_Obey_DOJ_Will_Continue_Voter_Suppression_Claiming_Non-Citizens_are_on_Voter_List_.jpg

I guess the guys who were accustomed to controlling the narrative on here are having a hard time realizing the days of silencing minority opinions are over.

Exactly! I've mostly lurked for years because the 1 account I made got banned over a "negative post" apparently despite 90% of my posts being positive pro-Rutgers. I don't remember what it was but it was ridiculous to get banned over it and I never bothered returning to posting because the mods here were absolutely tyrannical.

This board has been too much sunshine and rainbows with anyone saying otherwise being labeled a "troll" and outright banned with no good reason.. We've won 10 games in 3 years! If you want some perspective on that, that's tied with Illinois for dead last in the Big Ten. It's not trolling to say we aren't very good right now.

And no, I'm not defending the doom and gloom posters that only show up after losses to crap on the team. Those posters are just as bad if not more so.

Last edited:
This board has been too much sunshine and rainbows with anyone saying otherwise being labeled a "troll" and outright banned with no good reason.. We've won 10 games in 3 years! If you want some perspective on that, that's tied with Illinois for dead last in the Big Ten. It's not trolling to say we aren't very good right now.
Perfectly said. Also, it's very interesting that 43% (so far) say Ash has something to prove this year if he wants to keep his job. If you looked at the temper tantrums from those in this thread who said the poll is "retarded" and "ridiculous," you would think it would be around 5%. Just goes to show how the mob mentality that used to reign over this site still exists, even though it's now meaningless.

Reactions: TonyVolt

P.S. The outraged, over-the-top responses from some posters are funny. Current results have 63% saying Ash's job is safe with 37% thinking he has to achieve a certain record to avoid being fired. I guess the guys who were accustomed to controlling the narrative on here are having a hard time realizing the days of silencing minority opinions are over.
Minority opinions are fine but not immune to being called out. If you have two functioning brain cells you know Ash is safe for at least one more season so there's no need for a poll.

But please do continue to the fight the good fight. You shall overcome!

giphy.gif

i know it's wrong but "full retard" always make me laugh.

There are few uses of language that I dislike hearing more than using the word “retard” as a disparaging adjective. It is so utterly disrespectful to those with mental challenges and their families. Sorry, for my entire life—or at least since I was 5 or 6 years old coming to the defense of such a kid a couple blocks down—I’ve expressed that opinion and feel it’s not time to stop now.

Short of putting on a mustache and fixing grades or killing someone, Ash doesn't need to win a game to keep his job. It's ridiculous to even ask such a question. He just signed an extension. 0% chance Rutgers would eat that short of a personal conduct issue. Then they wouldn't have to.

Fair post/poll. If he wins 3 or more and most games are not blowouts, he stays. If he wins 2 or less and we get blown out a bunch, I’d be screaming for a new HC.

Fair post/poll. If he wins 3 or more and most games are not blowouts, he stays. If he wins 2 or less and we get blown out a bunch, I’d be screaming for a new HC.
Yep. Funny how the silly little clique that can't believe they no longer set the agenda here is mocking about 40% of the board by saying this poll is stupid, etc. The numbers don't lie.

A healthy minority of Rutgers fans and donors want to see results from Ash in Year 3. And there is nothing wrong with that.

I was leaning towards him staying no matter what but if we go 0-12 or 1-11, I really would find it hard to justify.

I went with 4-8 just because that should be his floor this season. No reason not to win at least 2 of the OOC games (we should beat Kansas too) and win at least 1-2 conference games against Indiana, Illinois, Northwestern and Maryland.
I agree.

A healthy minority of Rutgers fans and donors want to see results from Ash in Year 3. And there is nothing wrong with that.
I’d be willing to bet an overwhelming majority of Rutgers fans and donors here, including me, want to see results from Ash in year 3. That’s not what your silly poll is asking.

Yep. Funny how the silly little clique that can't believe they no longer set the agenda here is mocking about 40% of the board by saying this poll is stupid, etc. The numbers don't lie.

since the change over it seems like there's another silly little clique finding fault on what they claim the other silly little clique is doing and trying to be the ones that "set the agenda" now [roll]

Reactions: Hubcityknights
There's a difference between asking, "What 2018 record would you find acceptable?" and "What 2018 record does Chris Ash need?" From his extension, it's clear that, as some above have said, he'd need to commit murder to be fired. People are free to think what they want about what is acceptable; but there's a big difference between that and thinking that he's somehow going to be fired if he doesn't meet people's expectations. In other words, the poll question is very poorly phrased.

u-mad-bro.jpg

Reactions: RUonBrain
There's a difference between asking, "What 2018 record would you find acceptable?" and "What 2018 record does Chris Ash need?" From his extension, it's clear that, as some above have said, he'd need to commit murder to be fired. People are free to think what they want about what is acceptable; but there's a big difference between that and thinking that he's somehow going to be fired if he doesn't meet people's expectations. In other words, the poll question is very poorly phrased.
Thank you, but I prefer it my way.

Update: 40% of the board thinks Ash must win a certain amount of games this season to avoid being fired. That's honestly more than I thought.

Thank you, but I prefer it my way.

Update: 40% of the board thinks Ash must win a certain amount of games this season to avoid being fired. That's honestly more than I thought.
That's not 40% of this board. Only 20 people have voted so it's more like 0.5% of this board.

Reactions: RUonBrain
As long as he does not have a criminal record he will be back next year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT