ADVERTISEMENT

What are your expectations(W/L) for Rutgers this year?

What is your Win/Loss prediction for Rutgers this year?

• 0-8

Votes: 13 11.0%
  • 1-7

Votes: 31 26.3%
  • 2-6

Votes: 52 44.1%
  • 3-5

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • 4-4

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • 5+

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • 8-0 (The Rutgersal call option)

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters

BROTHERSKINNY

Heisman Winner
Oct 21, 2010
Alright, If this season successfully gets off the ground what are your expectations for the season?

Unless we have an all Northwestern schedule...does it really matter? This year is about setting a foundation and re-establishing a long-destroyed culture

Right. It’s also about not getting embarrassed on the field and keep recruiting . Need to upgrade the talent from the flood duds and ash tra$h that was brought in over the past 8 years . Need schiano to overhaul this roster .

My guess on the schedule:

- (6) East Division Opponents
- (2) Crossover games are Illinois & Purdue
(Nebraska and Wisconsin are too far to travel with COVID)

Without seeing the schedule, I think I'll say 2 wins, with 3 wins being a very good season.

Wouldn't completely rule out 4 wins, but I think that would be the absolute best case scenario.

I'm typically pretty optimistic going into a season, but a major upgrade at HC should show itself early.

Since I can't press 2 buttons at the same time, I'll say 2 or 3 wins depending on the schedule.

Reactions: knightfan7
My guess on the schedule:

- (6) East Division Opponents
- (2) Crossover games are Illinois & Purdue
(Nebraska and Wisconsin are too far to travel with COVID)
I hope we get Illlinois and Purdue’ too but the difference in travel time on a chartered flight to Lincoln or Madison as opposed the other two is so negligible as to be irrelevant.

I hope we get Illlinois and Purdue’ too but the difference in travel time on a chartered flight to Lincoln or Madison as opposed the other two is so negligible as to be irrelevant.

I think there is a pretty good chance it's Illinois and Purdue. I believe schedules will start from the original conference schedule (which was 9 conference games), and one will be eliminated. If they keep the home/road setting of those, then Purdue likely stays as it was the sole road game. Then the choice is Illinois or Nebraska at home. Illinois is currently Rutgers crossover team to play every year, so whether it stays likely depends on whether they keep those temporary fixed crossover opponents.

I agree that the travel time really doesn't matter too much. Once you get on a plane to fly, what is the increased Covid risk whether the flight is 45 mins longer?

Without seeing the schedule, I think I'll say 2 wins, with 3 wins being a very good season.

Wouldn't completely rule out 4 wins, but I think that would be the absolute best case scenario.

I'm typically pretty optimistic going into a season, but a major upgrade at HC should show itself early.

This team has lost more than 20 straight league games. Winning two will show plenty of progress

Last edited:
Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
The schedule is tough, we won't be playing any easy teams. I look forward to seeing coach Schiano and his team play. But it is the first year and a new system. I predict 2 wins.

Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
talent gap is really large between RU and pretty much every other Big ten team... Two wins and GS should get coach of the year... I honestly don't see RU beating anybody... Just keep games close, change culture, and be patient.

Heart says 2, head says one. I'm going with 2 and I think we put a scare into one more opponent. And the wins will come from our defense playing lights out in those two games.

Now that the schedule is out, I can make my prediction. Anywhere from 0 to 5 wins is possible with 1 to 3 probable. Can't wait to see them play!

ADVERTISEMENT