ADVERTISEMENT

What does next season hold? Who starts? Predictions?

ok i will give it a shot. the unknowns we have 12 girls we know of with a possibility / probability of 3 more . This is the general time frame that cviv announces.
We know Jada Wright number 84 nationally . But the balance of the top 1oo nationally is committed elsewhere so i suppose we see jucos of 5th year types
c Jordan Wallace
pw Stasha Carey
f fr Jada Wright if they stay big

f Gael Gillis from the canadian national team
or Cathleen Fitzpatrick ( 3pt shooter) if they go small

point Ciara Cryor with Kate H/ill seeing time

sg Tyler Scaife
Khaz Rollins
both guard spots Sanders
f/c desiree Keeling
c Victoria Harris
A strong rebounding , efficient front line that will be an improvement. Carey is a statistical monster
Gilles, Fitzpatrick, scaife will be more firepower than last year.and threes will come easier.
Up and down they seem good free throw shooters , not prone to mistakes, and there will be no easy baskets inside for opponents

I will offer an opinion that targets me but if the thought was we will miss the scoring from last year i think not. There were 5 girls out there so someone had to score. I would guess we would only miss one of those departees and every replacement is an improvement
Early 10 players together for the first time might be a struggle but its a non challenging ooc schedule. By Jan you might, or not, have a smooth team

So now who are the other 3 girls and are they immediate help?

Last edited:
Reactions: SkilletHead2
Not including the freshman coming in I'd say:
Sanders at PG, she improved immensely last season ( sophomore) and with
Tyler back Khadaizha should show even m ore improvement.
I look for Cryor to back her up and play some meaningful minuets

Scaife should be the heart of the scoring offense, but with the attention she'll be getting, Cryor or Sanders will be getting more opportunity to score
Fitzpatrick will be the designated bomb thrower when in.
I look for RU to play 3 guards a lot using Tyler, Khadaizha and Caini's talent with the ball
to keep the pressure on the opposing D. With Jazlynd in reserve a guard oriented offense probably will be the case.

Desiree and Victoria will share the Center position until one of them earns it for them-self.
Rebounding D and setting screens will be the role they will be counted on for.

Stasha Carey ( in my opinion) will take the PF spot and be a fairly good inside scoring option along with giving RU strong rebounding.
I think Jada Wright will earn minuets but be Stasha's backup and be playing alongside of her( instead of Keeling or Harris) against some of RU's opponents as Jada gets used to the college game.

Last edited:
If you believe in miracles.
Don't know about any other RU WBB fan's reaction to your statement,
but for me:
tenor.gif

Reactions: bac2therac
ok i will give it a shot. the unknowns we have 12 girls we know of with a possibility / probability of 3 more . This is the general time frame that cviv announces.
We know Jada Wright number 84 nationally . But the balance of the top 1oo nationally is committed elsewhere so i suppose we see jucos of 5th year types
c Jordan Wallace
pw Stasha Carey
f fr Jada Wright if they stay big

f Gael Gillis from the canadian national team
or Cathleen Fitzpatrick ( 3pt shooter) if they go small

point Ciara Cryor with Kate H/ill seeing time

sg Tyler Scaife
Khaz Rollins
both guard spots Sanders
f/c desiree Keeling
c Victoria Harris
A strong rebounding , efficient front line that will be an improvement. Carey is a statistical monster
Gilles, Fitzpatrick, scaife will be more firepower than last year.and threes will come easier.
Up and down they seem good free throw shooters , not prone to mistakes, and there will be no easy baskets inside for opponents

I will offer an opinion that targets me but if the thought was we will miss the scoring from last year i think not. There were 5 girls out there so someone had to score. I would guess we would only miss one of those departees and every replacement is an improvement
Early 10 players together for the first time might be a struggle but its a non challenging ooc schedule. By Jan you might, or not, have a smooth team

So now who are the other 3 girls and are they immediate help?
Is Jada even with the team?

ADVERTISEMENT