ADVERTISEMENT

What happened to Nigel today?

DennisHajekRC84

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2001
Did Pike just sit his butt on the bench because he was making bad decisions and not playing tough enough ?

Nigel made a bad decision with the basketball, Coach let him play it out. He did it again, and he sat.

Spoke to Nigel after the game...He's a great kid and will be ready for Wednesday!

His is correct for sure

And coach walked over to Nigel who was sitting at the end of the bench, squatted down and talked to him for a decent amount of time.

Also interesting when Dadika came in (right around our largest deficit) we got away from the corey dribble fest, passed more (because we had to) and suddenly williams hits two 3's.

Couldn't help but think of that on the final sequence, was full expecting Corey to dribble around through in out up and down looking for a hole. Was great to see the pass as the D collapsed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
Nigel made a bad decision with the basketball, Coach let him play it out. He did it again, and he sat.

Spoke to Nigel after the game...He's a great kid and will be ready for Wednesday!

I watched this closely, and completely agree.

Nigel seems to be "fragile" in terms of his confidence. He tends to hang his head a bit too easily. For next year, while he definitely needs to improve his defense, I think that he needs to play with more confidence, and look for his shot more. The great thing with this staff, is I bet we see him improve in this area.

Nigel and Corey are similar in many ways. Unfortunately I don't see them coexisting on the court. They both need the ball in their hands and with the dribble.

Ideally 1 of them would be more of a Mike Williams (or Ricky Shields :) )type offensively. We not spot up shooters willing to move off the ball coming off screens or making HARD backdoor cuts

Reactions: Scarlet Shack
Nigel and Corey are similar in many ways. Unfortunately I don't see them coexisting on the court. They both need the ball in their hands and with the dribble.

Ideally 1 of them would be more of a Mike Williams (or Ricky Shields :) )type offensively. We not spot up shooters willing to move off the ball coming off screens or making HARD backdoor cuts

I thought Nigel was really starting to be that spot up 3 pt threat. He just needs to stay out from underneath unless on a break..where he is super and doesn't have the bigs blocking all his stuff.

Someone correct me if I am wrong. Does Nigel ever take a catch and shoot 3. It always has to be off the dribble.

Actually I think he had one yesterday in the first half.

Nigel looked out of it on defense yesterday, losing track of his man several times, leading to converted open looks. He also got beat to a loose ball he should've had. On a positive note, he was active in the passing lanes.

I hope he bounces back on Wednesday.

Did anyone else feel confident in dadika coming in? I think he really settled things down.
I would have loved to see him pop a 3 LOL
His old man wouldn't have hesitated hoisting one up.

No. Dadika started the offense 35 feet from the basket. Very shaky. Team did make a run back in the game with him as the QB.

Reactions: shields
RU had a total of 10 turnovers in the game, Nigel had 3 in 13 minutes, enough said.

The one turnover to be honest one of his teammates tripped him.

Someone correct me if I am wrong. Does Nigel ever take a catch and shoot 3. It always has to be off the dribble.
I think (and I could be wrong) that he often takes a dribble to him into rhythm. Nothing wrong with a guy uncovered doing that and getting a foot or two closer and I consider that to be more of what we want than just dribble-dribble-dribble-hoist..

yup...had my concerns. Wasn't looking positive. After the way he finished the season I was hoping for better things.

ADVERTISEMENT