ADVERTISEMENT

What Happened to Tom Luicci?

Wait. Tom Luicci was married to Susan Luicci? If so I guess talent attracts talent, LOLOL

I have always like Lucci, but that was a cheap shot article. Was he really suggesting Eddie Jordan shops have been given more time?
His main problem is that he was here, in school.. writing for the Targum sports... DURING the undefeated season.

They weren't front-running fans.. those guys.. but BECAME front-running fans by accident. Nothing else was good enough... so even a moderately good team.. a building block.. was not good enough for them.

Reactions: Doctor Worm
That article was horrible by Tom. Even in the 70's he constantly ripped our basketball team. I cannot believe he actually thinks Eddie should have gotten more time. It seemed like Eddie just wanted to collect a check.

Hes writing what he knows already which requires minimal effort. Give the guy a break. Hes coasting into retirement. Maybe hes lost any current connections or doesnt have the energy to bring new content.

Nothing has happened to him. He was always like this. One of the reasons I stopped reading the star ledger all those years ago.

Nothing has happened to him. He was always like this. One of the reasons I stopped reading the star ledger all those years ago.
I thought the dynamic at the S-L was hard for him.

He's a Rutgers grad covering Rutgers at a paper owned by a Syracuse grad who probably hired a bunch of Syracuse grads in a market that elevated PRO sports way way over college sports.

I think his path of advancement to the corner offices was through the PRO sports beat and he had to slam Rutgers, he thought, to prove he was not biased towards Rutgers.

Still made him a jerk most of the time.

Reactions: Rutgers83
Here’s my take. I won’t even bother opening the link after reading the comments and that Eddie deserved more time. So glad not to read anymore of that clowns articles.

Reactions: RUonBrain
Reactions: Jim_from_RU
IIRC, he was hired by the Athletic Dept as a media relations guy or something like that. At the time, I guess they felt he could help with Julie H and her relative lack of media savvy.
And he did NOTHING to improve her media relations. They basically hid her away.

The article sucked and he's gone off the rails since he sold his rutgers stuff on eBay. However, I disagree with most here. I used to think he was a good sportswriter and was even handed with RU. I enjoyed his articles

I didn’t read it. I’ve always thought he was snarky in a lazy sort of way. Bitterness can be a prison. He needs to let it go.

It was fine. But, he’s really just a horse racing guy at this point b

ADVERTISEMENT