ADVERTISEMENT

What if Greg had stayed at RU....Where would the program be today?

Our best chance to beat Penn State was in 2014 and the defense did their job. Is Schiano going to prevent Gary from throwing 5 picks? I forgot he was a genius at developing QBs
Nova is not in the game to throw 5 picks if GS is there. If he had to, he would have brought in a wildcat guy. GS, being in year 13 of his reign, would have had a better staff. Maybe a better staff wins that game. Maybe his D or specials scores.. they did score a lot, block kicks etc.

Reactions: koleszar
Also this is a wild speculation, but does anyone think there’s a chance in hell in Belichick stepping down in NE and wanting to take over at RU for a shot at his sons school (making his son a coordinator) and knowing he won’t have to deal w professional egos as well as the possibility of bringing in loads of NJ talent?

I don’t think it’s as wild of an idea as some may think.

How about naming his son head coach as long as his dad is DC for 3 years? And for OC some recruiting genius.

Also this is a wild speculation, but does anyone think there’s a chance in hell in Belichick stepping down in NE and wanting to take over at RU for a shot at his sons school (making his son a coordinator) and knowing he won’t have to deal w professional egos as well as the possibility of bringing in loads of NJ talent?

I don’t think it’s as wild of an idea as some may think.

Why would he pick Rutgers when he could make a phone call tonight and be the head coach of any school in the country (other than Alabama and Ohio State) by tomorrow morning. Notre Dame? USC? Texas?

Or if we didn’t get jobbed on the Slaton fumble recovery and TD by Bines. Still pi$$es me off to this day.
It was disheartening.. we earned that fumble and score. reminded me of the TD called back near the end of the half vs number 1 Miami when they visited.

The WVU game meant so much more.

Reactions: RUPete
I'm a troll because I dont kiss Schiano's ass? Hey numbnuts... this thread itself is called:
What if Greg had stayed at RU....Where would the program be today?

I guess your holier than thou condescending comments makes you happy.

I simply made a comment about the 2018 home schedule after it was posted in this thread.

I have no interest in getting Greg to come back to RU. That opinion was apparently lost on you.

I simply made a comment about the 2018 home schedule after it was posted in this thread.

I have no interest in getting Greg to come back to RU. That opinion was apparently lost on you.
Main thing I said was if Rutgers didnt get to 4 wins by Northwestern, most of the posters dream would come true and Ash's Hot Seat would be SMODERLING. Simply added the Schiano comment (which was mentioned numerous times in this thread despite your "Schiano was not mentioned in this thread" quote) to say that it's not a good idea to go back to someone who had their chance. Bill Snyder hes not.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. That' s why Greg left. You and I would do the same thing. Now, if he's got a hankering to be a head coach again and everyone holds his PSU history against him (you never know what today's colleges will do), we might have a chance with him if and when Ash fails and we get full share $$$.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. That' s why Greg left. You and I would do the same thing. Now, if he's got a hankering to be a head coach again and everyone holds his PSU history against him (you never know what today's colleges will do), we might have a chance with him if and when Ash fails and we get full share $$$.

He'd be better than what we've had since he left, but the momentum from switching conferences has been wasted. In order to compete, he'd need to be able to completely restore that pipeline to Florida that he had 12 years ago.

If Greg had stayed would Rutgers be getting NJ's best players?
Remember, Greg would of had the Big 10 to sell recruits in Jersey. Instead he was hand cuffed playing in the watered down big east. Which was a big turn off to big time recruits back then

ADVERTISEMENT