ADVERTISEMENT

What is the sports memorabilia you regret selling, giving away or throwing out?

Mike Torrez & Bucky Dent autographed photo of “The Homerun”. Sold it last time we moved.

There used to be a magazine that had unusual sports stuff on auction.

Coolest thing that I wished I had bought ?

Bill Bruckner's autographed glove and shoes he wore when he butchered the ground ball to let the Mets WIN.

1990 ish, I was however old and I decided I know longer was going to collect football cards and was going to focus on baseball cards, so I traded away all my football cards which included a bunch of Barry Sanders rookie cards, Troy Aikman rookie cards, Emmit Smith rookie cards, and the rest of the draft class from those years.

I also have a Stan Musial autographed bat, not authenticated, sitting under my deck thanks to my long time GF. Make an offer.

Although you lost your baseball and programs that you loved at least you have the memories. I remember going to Giant games at the PG and you could buy baseballs with the team signatures at the souvenir stands relatively cheap. I don't know how authentic they were, but most of the star players were just starting their careers at the time. All those balls would certainly be worth something in later years. As a kid, we were more concerned with the product than the value.

Sold at auction Willie Shoemaker’s riding cap, boots, whip and silks from his first win in 1948 for $8,000

Mike Torrez & Bucky Dent autographed photo of “The Homerun”. Sold it last time we moved.

Through a work function last year I met both of them. Knowing they would be there I went with the picture and had both sign it. Now sits right behind my desk.

Wonder if I can get Carlton Fisk and the umpire to sign it too...

ADVERTISEMENT