ADVERTISEMENT

What others in the B1G are saying about Rutgers after the Wisconsin game

cubuffsdoug

Heisman Winner
Apr 8, 2002
Minnesota fans website: https://www.forums.gopherhole.com/b...-college-basketball-games-thread.91336/page-3

MennoSota

Becky loses to Rutgers. Man the B1G has some weakass teams this year. Rutgers has looked horrid this year. Becky even worse. Tough to say if the Gophers are better or worse than these two.

EG#9

Rutgers won and led nearly the entire game despite shooting 26.5% from 3. It's too bad the Gophers are so terrible or that would be really enjoyable result.

Some Minny fans can't get over the fact they suck, so they continue to put down everyone else as being sorry.

Indiana fans: https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/threads/rutgers-handles-wisconsin.192025/#post-2812175

Cavanagh

Rutgers isnt trash anymore. They are gonna make the tourney next year. Will get 7 + conference wins again
IU seems a little reserved this year. They are not blasting other B1G teams as horrible.

Wisconsin fans: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/buckyville/rutgers-1-5-hosting-wisconsin-dec-11-t100557-s150.html

Muskellunge

Badgers were simply bullied, out physicaled, pushed around by Rutgers. Manhandled by the Scarlet Knights. Very disappointing effort.

Badger Ben

0-3 at Rutgers now. I’ve been patient with this team. But it has worn thin. Hope adding Potter helps.

Badger Ben

We never play well at Rutgers. They have Sparty all they could handle.

ATLBadger

A typical Badger team from 2002-2017 would be beating this shitty Rutgers team by 15 right now.

This version is more charitable with the ball than the Salvation Army. Don’t think Micah Potter is gonna be the solution.

ATLBadger

12 turnovers, 8 offensive rebounds given up, and -13 in the opportunity index at half.

And we are up 1. Rutgers ****ing blows.
Btw, ATLBadger is a massive *ss. Also, MSU doesn't talk about any B1G team except for Michigan. There was one MSU fan, since deleted, who took a shot at Rutgers. Not sure why it was deleted.

Nah Rutgers looked okay versus MSU.

They weren’t embarrassed. Wisconsin is down, but who cares. Good win for you guy.

First step is getting out of basement. Rutgers is not worst team in B1G. The B1G is very good this year so that’s a big step forward.

When you play on Wednesday in the B1G T you are in the basement.

We are on the top step and potentially on our way to the ground floor.

Reactions: fluoxetine
When you play on Wednesday in the B1G T you are in the basement.

We are on the top step and potentially on our way to the ground floor.
Do you really believe this? Every B1G plays at least one game (BTN) on Wednesday this year. More than two-thirds of the league will play twice on Wednesday on BTN. Michigan appears 4 times on Wednesday night BTN broadcasts. Michigan St. makes 3 appearances. Rutgers appears 4 times. Purdue I believe makes 3 appearances. If that's the bottom half of the B1G, I hate to see the top half. :Laughing

Eh, I think you guys are too sensitive. We were still a bottom three team in the Big Ten last year despite a great improvement and I don't think Terp's comment is unreasonable.
Ignorance seems to be the norm when it comes to making comments about Rutgers. What's worse is those willing to accept it so they feel like they belong.0__0 I rather Terp not say anything about Rutgers. The truth is I have nothing nice to say about the rest of the league, so I avoid saying something I regret like they all f'ing stink and I hate them all.[roll][roll][roll]

Do you really believe this? Every B1G plays at least one game (BTN) on Wednesday this year. More than two-thirds of the league will play twice on Wednesday on BTN. Michigan appears 4 times on Wednesday night BTN broadcasts. Michigan St. makes 3 appearances. Rutgers appears 4 times. Purdue I believe makes 3 appearances. If that's the bottom half of the B1G, I hate to see the top half. :Laughing

He said Big Ten tournament.

He totally dis us.

See, it's backhand compliments like that from other B1G fans is why I hate most of them.
Didn’t we finish in the bottom 4 of the conference last year? That puts us in the basement. I didn’t see what Terp said as derisive at all, we do need to get out of the basement and into a tourny—the NIT is a start, the NCAA is the goal. Not having made the NCAA tourny in IIRC 29 years doesn’t exactly refute anything he said.

Reactions: AD888
Didn’t we finish in the bottom 4 of the conference last year? That puts us in the basement. I didn’t see what Terp said as derisive at all, we do need to get out of the basement and into a tourny—the NIT is a start, the NCAA is the goal. Not having made the NCAA tourny in IIRC 29 years doesn’t exactly refute anything he said.
You've been conditioned to accept being disrespected because of the failures of the program for years. It doesn't mean you take sh*t if they throw it at you. What bothers me more is Rutgers fans contribute to this problem by agreeing.

You've been conditioned to accept being disrespected because of the failures of the program for years. It doesn't mean you take sh*t if they throw it at you. What bothers me more is Rutgers fans contribute to this problem by agreeing.
You don't know much about me, so painting me (or anyone) with such a broad stroke, because I don't take offense as readily as you, is off base. I haven't been conditioned to anything--I am aware of our circumstances and can read other posters' assessments with an open mind. Maybe it's you who's conditioned yourself to react negatively to anything that isn't glowing about our program(s). Accepting an accurate critique isn't the worst conditioning, no matter the source of the critique. A fair assessment of one's situation is far better than than going too far in either direction. If someone's a dick or if someone's cool, I'll try to see it for what it is. As for your misguided assessment of me and my pro-RU and convivial proclivities, take your battle to someone else.

Last edited:
You don't know much about me, so painting me (or anyone) with such a broad stroke, because I don't take offense as readily as you, is off base. I haven't been conditioned to anything--I am aware of our circumstances and can read other posters' assessments with an open mind. Maybe it's you who's conditioned yourself to react negatively to anything that isn't glowing about our program(s). Accepting an accurate critique isn't the worst conditioning, no matter the source of the critique. A fair assessment of one's situation is far better than than going too far in either direction. If someone's a dick or if someone's cool, I'll try to see it for what it is. As for your misguided assessment of me and my pro-RU and convivial proclivities, take your battle to someone else.
First, I never meant to come at you personally. I'm tired of people not standing up to other fanbases that attack us in different ways, be it outright mean or backhand compliments. Second, we do have Rutgers fans who promote the negative narrative that opposing fans love to throw back in our faces. If we don't stand against the BS, then it will never end. Bullies only understand something when you stand up to them. The idea of people changing how they perceive Rutgers only happens when we start winning on the field is crazy. It's a foolish thought if you think that's the only way. Fans can contribute to the change, as well. Dispute the lies, and call others out when they pretend to compliment you. Once you establish a different tone from opposing fans, then your approach is the proper measure of how to handle them.

was fun watching those Wis fans leaving the RAC so dejected--they came in so sure of themselves

Some were sitting behind me. One, a few rows up from me in the a 200s section, was really obnoxious throughout the game up until their bitter end when he snuck out without a peep. Love beating those Cheeseheads.

First, I never meant to come at you personally. I'm tired of people not standing up to other fanbases that attack us in different ways, be it outright mean or backhand compliments. Second, we do have Rutgers fans who promote the negative narrative that opposing fans love to throw back in our faces. If we don't stand against the BS, then it will never end. Bullies only understand something when you stand up to them. The idea of people changing how they perceive Rutgers only happens when we start winning on the field is crazy. It's a foolish thought if you think that's the only way. Fans can contribute to the change, as well. Dispute the lies, and call others out when they pretend to compliment you. Once you establish a different tone from opposing fans, then your approach is the proper measure of how to handle them.
Fair enough, and good recovery. Some of our fans (and some trolls masquerading as RU fans) are overly and continually negative, so calling them out after a pattern of douchiness is fair game. I stay in the middle and read everything from a fresh perspective, even if it's from a poster whom I typically don't like. But I didn't take offense to Terp's post since it seemed to be a fair assessment of where we're at.

I think you are being overly sensitive.

For the first four years we were in the Big Ten, we finished the regular season dead last in the league, and got seeded as 14 in the BTT. Last year, for the first time we finished at 12. And while 12 is certainly better than the worst team, it is still in the bottom third. So far this year we played tough against MSU and notched our first league win over Wisconsin. So we are on track to get into the middle third of the league.

And that is exactly what Terp said. We looked okay against Mich St and had a good win against Wisc. We are making progress.

Reactions: RUTravesty
I think you are being overly sensitive.

For the first four years we were in the Big Ten, we finished the regular season dead last in the league, and got seeded as 14 in the BTT. Last year, for the first time we finished at 12. And while 12 is certainly better than the worst team, it is still in the bottom third. So far this year we played tough against MSU and notched our first league win over Wisconsin. So we are on track to get into the middle third of the league.

And that is exactly what Terp said. We looked okay against Mich St and had a good win against Wisc. We are making progress.
Even more to your point, 12th is in the bottom quarter, and almost bottom fifth. We are getting better, but the defection of Eugene is hurting us. Hopefully Pike putting Akwasi in the starting rotation will be the alignment we need to start games strong and bring the right guys off the bench at appropriate times.

Well, respect is earned, not given. So I won’t take any shade from other fanbases but until recently it’s hard to talk smack when you’re down....however, it’ll become more obvious to the rest of the B1G if we keep this trajectory. Getting an impact player like Omoruyi would definitely help!

Some were sitting behind me. One, a few rows up from me in the a 200s section, was really obnoxious throughout the game up until their bitter end when he snuck out without a peep. Love beating those Cheeseheads.
Wisconsin fans are the worst. Very cocky and when they lose they simply chalk it up to a “bad loss” and we need to get a new coach. Then they go on a run and somehow make the tournament? Rutgers sucks, etc. I really dislike the NJ Wisconsin fans the most; the ones who bring their kids all decked out in gear. They raise their kids to look down upon Rutgers as inferior. I wanted to say things to their fans walking out but they all left very quickly so they didn’t have to hear it, lol.

The only thing we need to do is continue our march upwards and win as many conference games as possible and get back to post season. Once that happens, you find another tree and start chopping that one. We’ve had a very long drought in this program so the years of losing have caused this perception of Rutgers. Who cares now about the past? We are only in control of the present and future and both look bright.

I expected the win against Wisconsin and that’s a big change in itself. We still have work to do and teams like Maryland, MSU, Michigan and OSU are at a different level. Then there’s Illinois and Penn State, Iowa and Purdue who are playing really good ball. We need to find a way to beat these teams at the RAC and shock a couple on the road. It’s a hard league

Reactions: RURM85
Big Ten tournament = B1GT

ADVERTISEMENT