ADVERTISEMENT

What would other big ten teams do?

Number one, you made it sound like he threw a few quarters on the sidewalk to get his name on the school. Number two, I never said anything about anybody deserving a right to have his name put on a school. I said we need Colonel Rutgers donors for the football team. And number three, please refer to @retired711 who responded to you and related the donation relative to the GNP. If that is in fact true, thanks for unmaking your point.
BTW, did anyone know that Henry Rutgers, who lived until 75, was "a life-long bachelor?' Maybe that's one reason he had money to contribute! https://www.newnetherlandinstitute.org/history-and-heritage/dutch_americans/henry-rutgers/

Yes, but TAM has unlimited budget and will hire the best. GS would sign up for that. Not sure the same applies at RU.
Different scale but Schiano has forfeited the right to make offensive calls. He clearly doesn’t know what he’s doing. If Jimbo Fisher can have the offense taken away from him, so can Greg Schiano

Reactions: drewbagel423
Not only did he screw him by leaving so late in the game. But then he came back 2-3 times and gutted the staff. I still believe hiring the assistants was intentional to knee cap the program because there is no other explanation for the actions. I know the excuse no NFL guys would work for him but come most of those guys would never get an nfl interview otherwise.
Schiano is a bad guy. No news here.

Schiano is a bad guy. No news here.
Now we are blaming him for not leaving his guys behind. Only at Rutgers can we say he is a terrible coach but we want to keep his assistants. I wonder if the guys that left with him to join the NFL feels like he is a bad guy?

Now we are blaming him for not leaving his guys behind. Only at Rutgers can we say he is a terrible coach but we want to keep his assistants. I wonder if the guys that left with him to join the NFL feels like he is a bad guy?
Great point. I know football coaches of losing teams aren't popular, but the level of nastiness in this and other threads about GS is just extraordinary. Some people evidently post here to discharge their anger about the rest of their lives. I guess posting here is better than kicking your dog, or whatever else they'd do instead.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
Different scale but Schiano has forfeited the right to make offensive calls. He clearly doesn’t know what he’s doing. If Jimbo Fisher can have the offense taken away from him, so can Greg Schiano
Not really a different scale. $ is $. Unless someone is willing to foot the bill for OC, GS will have his pick. Jimbo doesn’t even have to recruit. TAM is on full autopilot.

That was Schiano 1.0. He was the right coach at that right time in that era of Rutgers football. Schiano 2.0 is a different story.

Reactions: Caliknight
Was 1.0 really better in year 3?
That was a different college football world. There was no transfer portal, you had to build a program thru recruiting. Every coach, even at the elite schools was given at least four years to build a program. No NIL back then either. Schiano 2.0 has not proven he can use the transfer portal to fundamentally improve his team. He is going to get another year at least, he needs to pick up a competent starting QB, among other positions, if we want any chance of not being a bottom feeder again in 23.

That was a different college football world. There was no transfer portal, you had to build a program thru recruiting. Every coach, even at the elite schools was given at least four years to build a program. No NIL back then either. Schiano 2.0 has not proven he can use the transfer portal to fundamentally improve his team. He is going to get another year at least, he needs to pick up a competent starting QB, among other positions, if we want any chance of not being a bottom feeder again in 23.
Look at MSU. It can give you a pop but you are not building anything. You can plug holes but not rebuild an entire team. Maybe if you have a lot of $$$$$$, you can buy a team.

Not really a different scale. $ is $. Unless someone is willing to foot the bill for OC, GS will have his pick. Jimbo doesn’t even have to recruit. TAM is on full autopilot.
It’s not like Schiano is paying out of pocket for his OC. It’s not his money just like it’s not Jimbo Fishers.

greg has been disappointing. i think at least 10 BIG teams would fire him and eat his contract.
You guys are over reacting. Scott Frost got 4 years and he was a disaster. He had drinking problems, didn’t work hard, worst win loss record for any Nebraska coach in 60-70 years and kept all his drinking buddies around all the time. He got 4 years!

Edit - he actually got 5 years. Lol

Last edited:
You guys are over reacting. Scott Frost got 4 years and he was a disaster. He had drinking problems, didn’t work hard, worst win loss record for any Nebraska coach in 60-70 years and kept all his drinking buddies around all the time. He got 4 years!
Saturday Night Live Snl GIF by PeacockTV

will ferrell cowbell GIF
will ferrell snl GIF

ADVERTISEMENT