ADVERTISEMENT

When do they announce future Hoops schedules?

red sail

All Conference
Oct 11, 2007
When do they announce future Hoops schedules? All the hype from Big Cliff's announcement has me looking forward to hoops season next year already!!!!

For those thinking about season tickets, Rutgers Ticket Office phone number is 866-445-4678.

Any insight on the UMass game date yet? Would def be a game worth going to if we are allowed to leave the state

ACC teams I'd love for us to face on a retribution tour:
UNC - we still owe them a beat down for the 2010-2011 game at the Garden
UVA - we owe them a beat down for 2014
DUKE - just because they're DUKE

Big Least teams I'd love for us to play:
Georgetown - I think we can beat Mclung
Nova - annoying fan base
Notre Dame - when Rice was fired, the fat governor at the time consulted with his buddy Mike Brey about what should happen with RU's hoops program. Brey recommended the program should be shut down. F.U. Brey ... F.U. Christie. He should not be allowed in those courtside seats.

Reactions: rutger80
RUTGERS OOC SCHEDULE (Confirmed so far)

Merrimack
@Seton Hall
@UMass
Gavitt Games vs. Big East
ACC/B1G Challenge
Miami (OH)
What I hope / expect:

ACC Challenge home vs Syracuse

Gavitt Game on road at Providence or at Georgetown

Also don’t discount at UMass game. Will be tough. They’re vastly improved and have a real good big man.

Reactions: ILikePike
Do not necessarily want the rest to be all cupcakes. Would like a neutral/road site against decent team where we can pick up wins to have on NCAA resume. There are still some spots open in Vegas tournaments, or maybe another A10/ Ivy team on road..

Keep in mind we get Michigan state in the Garden this year and play only 9 RAC big ten home games (with the full 10 road games)

Five more cupcakes and call it a day
I guess if we want a couple cupcake games, we should probably want to play the bottom of the ACC. this season was Miami, BC, VT, Pitt, UNC (they got hit with a bunch of injuries), Wake Forest.

Man it would be great to get UNC next year. With our chemistry vs theirs we would completely smack them.

and a giant +1 to an Oregon game at the RAC. Oh please let this happen

Nova - annoying fan base
Notre Dame - when Rice was fired, the fat governor at the time consulted with his buddy Mike Brey about what should happen with RU's hoops program. Brey recommended the program should be shut down. F.U. Brey ... F.U. Christie. He should not be allowed in those courtside seats.
You might have missed but Notre Dame has been in the ACC since 2013.

Nova - annoying fan base
We may be an annoying fanbase but we're an annoying fanbase with 2 championships in the past 4 years...also better than 50/50 you'll be playing at Nova in next year's Gavitt Games

What’s Merrimack?
A very good low-major. They were a D2 power for years. Moved up to D1 last year and finished first in the NEC regular season (ineligible for conference tournament). Won @Northwestern by 10.

Isn't this the game Young turned his season around?
Yep that Caldwell game was a massive turning point for this team. They were lacking confidence, the game was actually close at points, and they gained so much confidence taking over at the end especially JY... if that game was even against a regular low major like Fairfield, FDU etc we may have lost and it would have been a totally different season

Isn't this the game Young turned his season around?
So we should schedule glorified scrimmages against teams that don't help our resume at all on the off chance one player might turn their season around against terrible competition at the risk of injuring others (Baker)?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT