ADVERTISEMENT

When does the rest of the staff get filled out?

drewbagel423

All American
Oct 30, 2006
Afthe early signing period? I'm sure there are kids tied to coaches other than Brown that we'd like to try to flip before that.

I'm especially curious to see who we get for OC.

I was wondering if most coaches either feel or are obligated to stay in their current role until the early signing period begins or passes? Either that or could it be that some of our targets may be considering multiple opportunities? Would be nice to have a few more involved coming down the stretch.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
While traditionally people don't leave until after the traditional signing date in a few months, these days they will most likely start to leave after the bowl games. So we should start to see some new names get added soon.

We may need to wait until the later date for everyone to be in place.

I posted this in the carousel thread. Just as a related tangent and comparison as to what FSU gave Norvell and his assistant salary pool. I think we're about in line with that if you back out IMO a generous 2.7M of the 7.7M for support staff.

I posted this in the carousel thread. Just as a related tangent and comparison as to what FSU gave Norvell and his assistant salary pool. I think we're about in line with that if you back out IMO a generous 2.7M of the 7.7M for support staff.

So he gets $400k more per year than Schiano, but $2.5mm less in the assistant pool.

The $7.7mm assistant pool was huge. That is a difference maker, and corrects the mistake Rutgers has always made.... willing to pay for the HC, but not for the staff. You can't do it half way.

So he gets $400k more per year than Schiano, but $2.5mm less in the assistant pool.

The $7.7mm assistant pool was huge. That is a difference maker, and corrects the mistake Rutgers has always made.... willing to pay for the HC, but not for the staff. You can't do it half way.
I don’t think the 7.7M vs 5.25M is apples to apples...the 7.7M includes support staff....the 5.25M is just for the 10 assistants.

That’s why I backed out IMO a generous 2.7M for support staff leaving 5M for the 10 assistants...it could be more though I just took a hefty figure for support staff. An article I posted from four years ago mentioned Clemson and Alabama had a hefty 3M for support staff so I gave us 2.7M which I think is a lot....it could be less. Regardless that would leave 5M for the 10 assistants. It’s just a guesstimate on my part.

Reactions: Ole Cabbagehead
Here are Ole Miss numbers for Kiffin and his assistant pool and support staff and I don’t think my guesstimate was too bad and again like FSU we compare favorably.

From the article:

The university released the terms of Kiffin's contract Monday morning. Kiffin is set to earn $16.2 million over the course of a four-year deal that extends through Dec. 31, 2023. He will be paid $3.9 million in 2020 and that total will increase by $100,000 every year until his contract is set for $4.2 million in 2023.

Ole Miss has allotted Kiffin $5.3 million to pay his 10 assistant coaches. He also gets $2.2 million to pay five other football staffers, including strength and conditioning coaches, analysts, football operations staffers and recruiting staffers.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story...l-coach-will-make-at-least-16-2-m/2631052001/

ADVERTISEMENT