ADVERTISEMENT

When will we at least think we have a shot to pull off an upset?

ouchmyknee

All Conference
Gold Member
Nov 10, 2006
Hoboken, NJ
I don’t believe we’ll ever have a shot to be a top team in the B1G, but I would hope there’s a day when fans can walk into the stadium feeling like we have a chance to pull off a big upset every once in a while.
My question is, when do we think that will be (if ever)?

OP, to answer the question in the title of this thread, I'd like to think most true fans here thought we had a chance of winning at the half. We had the lead and there was excitement in the building. So the answer to your question would be today. Unfortunately, the second half had to be played and those hopes were deflated...but they were there.

I don’t believe we’ll ever have a shot to be a top team in the B1G, but I would hope there’s a day when fans can walk into the stadium feeling like we have a chance to pull off a big upset every once in a while.
My question is, when do we think that will be (if ever)?
Pedd State in two weeks.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
So then wtf are you even talking about
I don’t mean in the middle of a game. Walking into the stadium, do y’all realistically think we have a chance to beat a ranked team? For example, walking into the RAC on any given day I have a general feeling that I can walk out of the RAC with a W against anybody. When can we say the same thing about football? Or do most here realistically feel that way with football already?

Yes, I felt like we had a shot with Ash all the time.
Ash was a god awful hire. Too many times people are hiring the flashy Coordinator from the Big School instead of looking at a program builder. Much as I believe the game has passed schiano by he is a program builder. Rutgers is not a Job for a first time HC. That’s the single biggest ingredient as to why I won’t shut up about us hiring Mike Houston as our next coach

Reactions: dconifer
I don’t mean in the middle of a game. Walking into the stadium, do y’all realistically think we have a chance to beat a ranked team? For example, walking into the RAC on any given day I have a general feeling that I can walk out of the RAC with a W against anybody. When can we say the same thing about football? Or do most here realistically feel that way with football already?
"Any team, can beat any team, on any given day."
- Brian Leonard

Stupid thread because we finally showed last night we can do it. Maybe if RU fans outnumber visiting fans at home games we will pull one off. Even the negative fans in my section were cheering last night. They know nothing about Football but that’s a start.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT