ADVERTISEMENT

Football Where do NFL Draft analysts have former Rutgers players headed?

Well, I hope that Bo goes in the 3rd (not 4th or later) - but we've seen this before. I think he has the ability to make an immediate impact in whatever environment he finds himself. Pacheco might be a bit of a different prospect altogether. There are some RB's that will go in the 1st or 2nd rounds, no question. But, I would hope that he doesn't slip all the way to the 5th or 6th rounds. Also, he has a much tougher road. I hope he gets drafted by a team who already has an aging/often-injured starting RB.

Well, I hope that Bo goes in the 3rd (not 4th or later) - but we've seen this before. I think he has the ability to make an immediate impact in whatever environment he finds himself. Pacheco might be a bit of a different prospect altogether. There are some RB's that will go in the 1st or 2nd rounds, no question. But, I would hope that he doesn't slip all the way to the 5th or 6th rounds. Also, he has a much tougher road. I hope he gets drafted by a team who already has an aging/often-injured starting RB.

I think Bo will go in the 3rd or 4th round as with his speed and body build some team will see him as Deebo lite.

No RBs will be going in the 1st. The last GM that would take a RB in the 1st round was fired by the Giants. I'd be surprised if more than 1 or 2 get picked in the 2nd. Pacheco will go 6th or 7th or maybe a UDFA.

Also remember that if our guys don't get drafted it's not the end of the world. Nt being drafted and signing as a undrafted free agent can be good for a player as they get to pick the destination and could end up in a better situation.

I’m hoping the Jets draft Bo with one of their two 4th round picks. Their staff coached him at the Sr. Bowl. I’m predicting Pacheco drafted in the 6th round and Fatukasi as a free agent signee (not drafted).

Saw one thing that had Bo in the 6th and no sign of Pacheco. I hope they are wrong. Our offensive woes have hurt them, imho. We really need to make a positive move on O next season. If you go in the 6ht or 7th you may be better off free agent.. pick the right opportunity.. but you never know.. if a team invests a pick on you you may win tie-breakers in deciding who to keep.

Unless a team has an adverse medical report for O3.. someone SHOULD take a chance on him. He is always in the right spot.. he has a real nose for the ball.. I think it's a no-brainer if he is healthy.

Saw one thing that had Bo in the 6th and no sign of Pacheco. I hope they are wrong. Our offensive woes have hurt them, imho. We really need to make a positive move on O next season. If you go in the 6ht or 7th you may be better off free agent.. pick the right opportunity.. but you never know.. if a team invests a pick on you you may win tie-breakers in deciding who to keep.

Unless a team has an adverse medical report for O3.. someone SHOULD take a chance on him. He is always in the right spot.. he has a real nose for the ball.. I think it's a no-brainer if he is healthy.
Pacheco will absolutely get drafted. He had an incredible combine and pro day as well as the all star game.

Pacheco will absolutely get drafted. He had an incredible combine and pro day as well as the all star game.
I hope.. but why don't any of the various mock drafts have him listed? I only checked 3 or 4 of the easiest to find from well-known sources.. like CBS and ESPN.

The NFL site has both rated as "average backup or special teamer"

Pacheco

Melton

I think all three (with Fatukasi) all deserve to make a team but it might be thru free agency where they will stand out because of GS' preparing them for NFL careers (and their ability and dedication to follow through). Their work ethic and time management.. drilled into them at Rutgers.. will have them survive many cuts this summer no matter if they are drafted or not... that is, with well-managed operations that appreciate such things.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT