ADVERTISEMENT

Where is the tailgate thread?

GimmeSomeMore

Junior
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2006
I will start (from 400 miles south in NC):

Smoking a brisket overnight to have ready for a brisket, potato and egg scramble (cheese optional)

Grilled sourdough

Bagels, donuts (from Monuts in Durham - best around) and assorted fruit

Tequila sunrises, all day IPAs and El Chavo habanero ciders with a few friends over gameday Leading into the game

Cheers

Breakfast---
Peppers and eggs
Bacon and sausage
Breakfast pizza
Homemade corn muffins

Lunch---
Philly pretzel factory rivets
Iowa Maid Rites

Drinks---
Cheap beer
Fireball

quite honestly, I am running out of breakfast tailgate ideas

That's because
Stranger-Things-Coffee-and-Contemplation-08262016.gif

Menu (looks like @mikebal9 and myself found the same Iowa foods list):
  • Beer
    • Assorted Oktoberfest's and Pumpkin craft brews
    • Growlers from Demented.
  • Breakfast
    • Coffee
    • Breakfast pizza
  • Snack
    • Cheesy Bacon Jalapeño Corn Dip
    • Andouille Corn Poppers
  • Lunch
    • Maid Rites
    • Grilled corn on the cob

For breakfast, I've found it most efficient to find something that works and stick with it. I put the energy into being creative for the main meal. I also decided this year for noon games to do one meal around 10 instead of two.

My go to is the birds nest breakfast sandwich, basically an egg mcmuffin and/or scotch eggs. Based on if I feel like cleaning up the fryer that week.

Last week however, someone else took care of breakfast and it was awesome he did scrambled egg and sausage tacos, w/ salsa guacamole, etc. and grits on the side

we gave up on breakfast last week. So we have a full lunch planned:

wings
dips & chips
cheesesteaks
Maid Rite Sandwiches
burger bar
hot dogs
ribs
siracha grilled shrimp
French fries
grilled veggies
cookie bar
Rutgers Rum punch
full bar

This has probably been discussed in past but what exactly is a Maid Rite that multiple folks are having?

Smoking a brisket overnight to have ready for a brisket, potato and egg scramble (cheese optional)

Grilled sourdough

Tequila sunrises, all day IPAs and El Chavo habanero ciders with a few friends over gameday Leading into the game

Cheers
Monuts is amazing

discouraging that several are bailing on a meal that typically includes bacon, sausage, eggs, pork roll, scrapple,cb hash and other things easily made on a griddle.. if more adventurous, biscuits and gravy, eggs benedict. C'mon now.

Grilled sourdough

Cheers

Monuts in Durham is amazing. Crazy packed on a Sunday morning, line out the door.

Here's our menu for Iowa

Smoked pork belly with a brown sugar bourbon rub
Hash browns
Mixed breakfast scramble
French toast casserole
Bacon
Sasuage and peppers
Buffalo and honey garlic wings
Sweet chilli glazed chicken skewers
Pork potstickers
Beef empanadas
Fresh cut fries
Loaded tater tots
Cheddar cheese balls

And a full bar!

Reactions: cicero grimes
We are arriving at 6 am so we will have some breakfast sandwiches before moving into our theme for the week "Iowa State fair comes to the Blue Lot." (so lots of fried food or other delicacies served on a stick)

Corndogs
Deep fired pineapples on a stick
Deep fried mac n cheese
Chicken skewers
Loose meat sandwich (a Maid Rite)
Corn on the cob
Pig Candy
Puppy Chow
Deep fried Twinkies
Deep fried Oreos

We are arriving at 6 am so we will have some breakfast sandwiches before moving into our theme for the week "Iowa State fair comes to the Blue Lot." (so lots of fried food or other delicacies served on a stick)

Corndogs
Deep fired pineapples on a stick
Deep fried mac n cheese
Chicken skewers
Loose meat sandwich (a Maid Rite)
Corn on the cob
Pig Candy
Puppy Chow
Deep fried Twinkies
Deep fried Oreos

A little surprised you're not having a cow made of butter. That's an Iowa State Fair staple.

A little surprised you're not having a cow made of butter. That's an Iowa State Fair staple.

That was a little expensive...figured we save funds for the Block R ice sculpture/luge for Michigan.

Probably will try to deep fry some sticks of butter. looking up how to do that now.

That was a little expensive...figured we save funds for the Block R ice sculpture/luge for Michigan.

Probably will try to deep fry some sticks of butter. looking up how to do that now.

I'll look in Shoprite this afternoon. They have butter Lambs at Easter and butter Turkeys around Thankgiving. who knows, maybe they have a butter cow!

we gave up on breakfast last week. So we have a full lunch planned:

wings
dips & chips
cheesesteaks
Maid Rite Sandwiches
burger bar
hot dogs
ribs
siracha grilled shrimp
French fries
grilled veggies
cookie bar
Rutgers Rum punch
full bar
I want to make a Rutgers Rum Punch. Ingredients?

Last week one of our tailgate crew got fed up and said screw it I'm bringing steaks. We had rib eyes at 9am with some eggs and hash browns. This week pancakes, bacon and egg bake. It is starting to get old.

Corn omeletes
Mimosas w Andre Champagne and Shop rite OJ
Potato Chips
Corn dogs
Panama Red
Blonde Afghani
Pabst Blue Ribbon
Post game- Buffalo Trace Bourbon and left over chips

edit- corn omeletes were voted down. Now breakfast sandwiches from River Road Quik chek. plus the rest of above

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT