ADVERTISEMENT

Which of these teams is likely to make the dance ahead of Rutgers?

cubuffsdoug

Heisman Winner
Apr 8, 2002
Are any of these teams making the dance ahead of Rutgers?

Pac 12 teams:
Washington State 14-10 (NET 46th) Not sure what others see in them?
Oregon 16-9 (NET 59th) This team is like Rutgers with WTF games, but no one questions them. Loss twice to 9-16 Arizona State, loss to 9-16 Cal, and struggle for 3 pt win against 10-16 Utah. The loss to ASU tonight was ugly by the tune of 24 pts.

AAC:
Wichita State 13-9 (NET 74th)
SMU 18-6 (NET 49th)
and had a bad loss to Temple (NET 118th) on Wednesday after a great win against Houston.

ACC:
Virginia 16-10 (NET 81st) somehow are listed in one tourney bracket.

Big 12:
Oklahoma 14-12 (NET 39th) is likely to finish with a losing conference record and around a .500 record overall. As of now, in the tourney in several brackets.
Oklahoma State 12-13 (NET 52nd) games against Texas Tech, Iowa State, and Baylor will cement them at .500 at best.
Kansas State 14-11 (NET 62nd) has Kansas, Texas Tech, and Iowa State, which likely means a .500 overall record.
WVU 14-11 (NET 68th) they have a 3-9 conference record, with Texas, Kansas, and Iowa State remaining on the schedule

How is the best conference when it's like 5 teams with winning records in conference and overall and the other 5 have losing conference records and .500 overall records?

At this point in time Rutgers is ahead of all these teams except possibly Oklahoma. Some of those teams are close to dead-dead. But if we lose 3, 4 in a row we can be overtaken easily.

You should post in the bacatology thread, lots of good discussion on bubble teams there.

Oklahoma State is not eligible for the tournament this year btw.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I feel like we’ll have a bit better idea where we stand with the committee when the 1-16 reveal comes out Saturday.

Obviously we want to see as many BIG teams on there as possible.

I feel like we’ll have a bit better idea where we stand with the committee when the 1-16 reveal comes out Saturday.

Obviously we want to see as many BIG teams on there as possible.
What is the 1-16 reveal?

Thanks.

I think SMU is possibly ahead of us or in the same area. All of the others I would put behind.

These last 6 are gut check time for rutgers. We go 1-5 we don’t deserve to be in. No point I’m talking about where we are now. Pikiell is right about March 13th.

we need to go into west Lafayette, Ann Arbor and Bloomington and kick their ass and take home wins. If we can do that we know this team is really special.

Reactions: Knight Ed
Lunardi said as of right now we are in and Michigan also in with their win vs Iowa. Oregon loss helped. Creighton win didn't help.

At this point in time Rutgers is ahead of all these teams except possibly Oklahoma. Some of those teams are close to dead-dead. But if we lose 3, 4 in a row we can be overtaken easily.

You should post in the bacatology thread, lots of good discussion on bubble teams there.

Oklahoma State is not eligible for the tournament this year btw.
The talking-heads still believe most of these teams are "in" or are slow to update their predictions.

Oklahoma has lost 9 of their last 11 games and is trending in the wrong directions. They are likely to lose the next two games (@ Iowa State & Texas Tech). Even after that, I see them at best winning only 2 of 3 to finish the season. They will play Oklahoma State and WVU at home and @ Kansas State. I don't see them making the dance with a game record above .500.

Reactions: bac2therac
I know it won't happen but teams with losing league records should not be eligible for NCAA consideration. The focus now is to pad the out of conference schedule with mostly easy games and then win 7-10 league games which is enough for selection.

Are any of these teams making the dance ahead of Rutgers?

Pac 12 teams:
Washington State 14-10 (NET 46th) Not sure what others see in them?
Oregon 16-9 (NET 59th) This team is like Rutgers with WTF games, but no one questions them. Loss twice to 9-16 Arizona State, loss to 9-16 Cal, and struggle for 3 pt win against 10-16 Utah. The loss to ASU tonight was ugly by the tune of 24 pts.

AAC:
Wichita State 13-9 (NET 74th)
SMU 18-6 (NET 49th)
and had a bad loss to Temple (NET 118th) on Wednesday after a great win against Houston.

ACC:
Virginia 16-10 (NET 81st) somehow are listed in one tourney bracket.

Big 12:
Oklahoma 14-12 (NET 39th) is likely to finish with a losing conference record and around a .500 record overall. As of now, in the tourney in several brackets.
Oklahoma State 12-13 (NET 52nd) games against Texas Tech, Iowa State, and Baylor will cement them at .500 at best.
Kansas State 14-11 (NET 62nd) has Kansas, Texas Tech, and Iowa State, which likely means a .500 overall record.
WVU 14-11 (NET 68th) they have a 3-9 conference record, with Texas, Kansas, and Iowa State remaining on the schedule

How is the best conference when it's like 5 teams with winning records in conference and overall and the other 5 have losing conference records and .500 overall records?

None of these..only OK and KSU have shots

ADVERTISEMENT