ADVERTISEMENT

Which one of you bought Greg's house?

There will be a nice house in Warren available soon

Reactions: scripts and redking
That whole outrage over Greg building a house in the Ecological Preserve was such BS. The house was built on an empty lot within an existing development which at one time was part of the preserve.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...2!3m1!1s0x89c3c7088034c931:0xfd664ac2a48fcf88

Just to play a bit of devil's advocate (as a current ru urban planning student) - it kind of depends on how you look at it...

That lot became disconnected from the rest of the RUEP during the extension of route 18 - Logan Ln originally ran down to River Rd and was a dead end at the top, but was dead ended at the bottom and connected to Hillcrest to facilitate the construction of the ramp/jughandle. I may be wrong, but I believe the university gifted the lot to GS? At the time the lot was still wooded. To be honest, the neighbors and a lot of others had a fair argument against the whole deal.

Just to play a bit of devil's advocate (as a current ru urban planning student) - it kind of depends on how you look at it...

That lot became disconnected from the rest of the RUEP during the extension of route 18 - Logan Ln originally ran down to River Rd and was a dead end at the top, but was dead ended at the bottom and connected to Hillcrest to facilitate the construction of the ramp/jughandle. I may be wrong, but I believe the university gifted the lot to GS? At the time the lot was still wooded. To be honest, the neighbors and a lot of others had a fair argument against the whole deal.
Yes, they did gift him the lot. So you’re saying that Logan Lane did not totally separate the GS lot from the RUEP at the time the house was built?

University should have owned it when they had the chance. Only Rutgers would pass on appreciating assets.

Reactions: redking
This from a Martinsville neighbor right after Greg left . When Shea was living there he was like a California puppy.Loved everyone. When Greg lived there nobody ever saw him. He was in the war room 24/7. He wasn't here to make friends unless they could help him recruit. As it should be. Having said that I hope he has chilled just a little without losing his mojo.

Reactions: DirtyRU
Yes, they did gift him the lot. So you’re saying that Logan Lane did not totally separate the GS lot from the RUEP at the time the house was built?

No- Logan lane did completely separate the lot from the rest of the RUEP, but a few years prior that wasn't the case. I don't know what the zoning was, but even though it was separated from the ruep, it was still wooded and effectively still a part of the preserve (but at the same time, due to the construction of Logan lane, put in an interesting position).

The argument could be furthered, what's stopping the university from selling off (letlalone gifting) lots on the other side of Logan lane, seeing as how they have the same street access as the GS lot. It's just a slippery slope that requires checks.

No- Logan lane did completely separate the lot from the rest of the RUEP, but a few years prior that wasn't the case. I don't know what the zoning was, but even though it was separated from the ruep, it was still wooded and effectively still a part of the preserve (but at the same time, due to the construction of Logan lane, put in an interesting position).

The argument could be furthered, what's stopping the university from selling off (letlalone gifting) lots on the other side of Logan lane, seeing as how they have the same street access as the GS lot. It's just a slippery slope that requires checks.
So technically it was still part of the RUEP but in reality it was an undeveloped lot within the existing development. As I said it was BS.

Reactions: scripts
So technically it was still part of the RUEP but in reality it was an undeveloped lot within the existing development. As I said it was BS.
I mean yeah, I didn't have a problem with it at the time, but like I said it depends on how you look at it... I doubt the deer are missing a 1/2 acre when theres 300 more, but at the same time poorly planned development is always a valid concern. The university could have at least got some $$$ for it.

Satellite imagery shows a NEW and GRANDER home ALREADY under construction on Logan Lane. The conspiracy theory grows.

Reactions: Leonard23
Ash lives in Warren and paid 2.2M for a really nice home. Several of the assistant coaches lived/rented in Bridgewater/Hillsborough, Erb is in Flemington, ( lives a few blocks from lax HC). Flood lived in Middlesex Boro.

Schiano just needs a 4000 sq.ft. house to entertain, only has a daughter left at home so probably go to a private school so with that salary get a map and start looking...after he's done recruiting.

There’s a house down the street from the Greek Church for sale. Nice easy walk to work or he could take the big golf cart they use to drive the OC around the stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT