ADVERTISEMENT

Which section(s) are for Rutgers fans - San Diego

Scangg

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 20, 2016
San Diego
Does anyone know? I left a message with the ticket office at Rutgers asking about getting tickets or what section is for Rutgers so I could try to get tickets in the Rutgers fan section?

@Richard Schnyderite is this something you can find out?

These are the critical facts we need!!!!

...actually, w/b very helpful to know for DAYTON... ..... thanks!

:)

dayton-basketball-seating-chart-at-university-of-dayton-arena.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: rubigtimenow
I will be at San Diego Games regardless. Sitting in Sec A for session 1.. was there 4 years ago. very cool venue to watch games. Not a bad seat in the house, as its dug into a bowl. Even the bench seats aren’t bad. Concessions are indoor/outdoor around, inside venue gates..was just expecting to watch RU games in. Buffalo or Pittsburgh from Gaslamp tavern or one of the Sportsbars in PB (DuckDive, Waterbar, etc), but to see them live there would be u real. Any RU fans on fence should book, as flights are easy to cancel for credit anyway.
SDSU is right off the trolley. Get pronto pass. 992bus from airport to any downtown hotel, then trolley to game. If RU wins Wed night, I can text a lot more info from PHL Chickie & Pete’s before flight…

I will be at San Diego Games regardless. Sitting in Sec A for session 1.. was there 4 years ago. very cool venue to watch games. Not a bad seat in the house, as its dug into a bowl. Even the bench seats aren’t bad. Concessions are indoor/outdoor around, inside venue gates..was just expecting to watch RU games in. Buffalo or Pittsburgh from Gaslamp tavern or one of the Sportsbars in PB (DuckDive, Waterbar, etc), but to see them live there would be u real. Any RU fans on fence should book, as flights are easy to cancel for credit anyway.
SDSU is right off the trolley. Get pronto pass. 992bus from airport to any downtown hotel, then trolley to game. If RU wins Wed night, I can text a lot more info from PHL Chickie & Pete’s before flight…
Looking at section A now... do you know if that would be Rutgers side of the basket?

I was thinking the "home" team would be the better seed so Rutgers section would be where the away teams are for SDSU games

Would definitely appreciate info.

FYI for tickets RU is doing 2 seats max for San Diego. Said they don't have any for first four. But if you call ticket office you can put in for tkts for Fri/Sun if they win.

Just called the box office. "We had 50 total tickets for season ticket holders for San Diego, you'll need to buy 3rd party if you want to go Friday should they win"

Won't know the section of those 50 seats until Thursday should RU win tomorrow night.

Just called the box office. "We had 50 total tickets for season ticket holders for San Diego, you'll need to buy 3rd party if you want to go Friday should they win"

Won't know the section of those 50 seats until Thursday should RU win tomorrow night.
50 tickets? That’s it?

Seriously, how is only 50 in an arena that holds 12,000? Maybe we got a hundred for friends/family and 50 leftover for everyone else?

That said I'd rather go secondary market in SD and sit near the RU section. Probably be cheaper that way

Was told that there were 200 total tickets for the RU box office, and 150/200 went to the team for family/friends. ~40-50 people in the traveling party, assume that is 2 per person and 4 for each of the players.
This is stunning. Much different than what schools received years ago, particularly for 1st and 2nd round games, as most sites depend on the fan bases to get decent attendance (as opposed to the regionals). IIRC it use to be around 1500-2000 per school. 200 it nothing. Yikes!

Getting tickets will not be an issue. Not sure why anyone is freaking out unless they simply don’t understand the process. And why buy through Rutgers anyway? They always give you lousy seats. TicketMaster is the way to go.

Did anyone get notified from RU re: San Diego tickets? Wondering what section ya'll are in in the event we win tonight

You can get tickets for under 40 bucks before fees right now for Friday if anyone is more budget conscious and concerned about ticket prices you could jump on it

On seat geek 90 bucks for 4th row under the basket. I got hosed freaking out jumping on tickets after missing front row for 200

I can't believe they're so pessimistic!

I got two, of the fifty, tickets from Rutgers. Unfortunately, something came up and I can't go. I'll sell them to a Rutgers fan at cost. Also, after Rutgers wins on Friday, I get the Sunday tickets too. Leave a reply if you are interested.

ADVERTISEMENT