ADVERTISEMENT

Which Was Worse?

Worse Loss - Kansas'18 vs. New Hampshire '04

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
New Hampshire later beat Northwestern.

Not in 2004, they beat them to open the 2006 season.

New Hampshire 2004 schedule and results. Losses are in italics.
Delaware W 24-21
Rutgers W 35-24
William & Mary L 9-7
Darmouth W 45-24
Villanova W 51-40
UMass L 38-21
Hofstra W 33-27
Northeastern W 27-23
Rhode Island W 27-3
Towson W 62-24
Maine W 50-36
Georgia Southern W 27-23 (playoffs)
Montana L 47-17 (playoffs)

That UNH was better than Kansas is now.

Ironically the 2004 team could beat a low level B1G program, somehow now in the conference that's a heavy lift

because a decent record and a good chance at bowl games mean something to recruits,no matter the conference. getting whooped with no chance at bowls isn't going to convince good players to come here.

Others posted a good question. Are we better off in this conference ? For the paydays, yes. But for competing ?

I'll just address the QBs. I remember being despondent after UNH, but I also thought Ricky Santos was a legit QB after that debacle (had pro written all over him). I think he went on to win the Walter Payton award. I also remember still having faith in what Schiano was building.

Yes, I think Peyton Bender is a decent QB, but Miles Kendrick in no way resembles a P5 quarterback. They both made Rutgers look foolish.

So, I voted for Kansas. Call it recency bias, but UNH was a trap game. KU was not.

imo some are voting for UNH simply because they were there in the stadium to witness it. perception-wise, to college football fans, Kansas is worse.

Good to see a post from Graystork. Can still remember my brother commenting how he'd never seen anybody as crestfallen as Stork after the 2014 Penn State heart breaker. A game that we led for the entire game and lost in the final minute.

Reactions: graystork
UNH. All things a side, Kansas is still a P5 team, perhaps in name only.

Losing to UNH was perhaps more embarrassing for this reason. But if we are talking about which coach you had more confidence in at this point, it would have been GS, even with that horrendous loss.

true, but as a member of the B1G, RU has much more exposure. That UNH game who knows how many people were really paying attention?

UNH. All things a side, Kansas is still a P5 team, perhaps in name only.

Losing to UNH was perhaps more embarrassing for this reason. But if we are talking about which coach you had more confidence in at this point, it would have been GS, even with that horrendous loss.

Kansas and it's not even close. UNH was in Schiano's fourth year and came the week after that huge win against MSU. Most of us knew the incredible rebuild Greg had going on from the worst program in 1A (maybe ever), so even though that loss was horrific, we knew we were on the right trajectory.

The Kansas loss is far worse, because it was to what heretofore had been the worst P5 program and it was a blowout and it confirmed that we had completed the total destruction of everything that Greg had built here and that we are now the worst P5 team. It's all about the trajectory and we're in complete free fall.

This. At least GS had a plan & identity. Ash, not so much.

UNH was your garden variety letdown. We've seen many of those. No such letdown coming off the OSU beatdown. A coach in his 3rd year should not lose by 41 points to a cellar-dweller. Massively disgusting.

New Hampshire was far worse, big step backwards after beating MSU.

Kansas had us looking for the medical power of attorney for the first time ever. $$$$

I was crushed when we lost to NHU, i was hoping for a big year that season, now I wasn't even surprised or mad about Kansas, guess I'm just apathetic after all these years of beatdowns, sad

ADVERTISEMENT