ADVERTISEMENT

Who’s in who’s out blind resume challenge #1

RUsojo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2010
Who's in who's out?

A: Net sos 8 ncsos 190 sor 43 wins vs field(not counting bubbles): 4 avg net win: 124 net loss: 29 q1+2 9-13 q3+4 8-1

B: sos 44 ncsos 310 sor 62 wins vs field: 5 avg net win: 147 net loss: 67 q1+2 9-10 q3+4 9-3

Can’t make a solid pick by grouping Q 1+2 together. Not only the committee doesn’t do that, but they even separate Q1 into “high Q1” games (top 15 net) and weight that a lot (according to Brad Watchel on Aaron Breitman’s podcast this week) … so unless you include that metric, can’t make a clean call between these 2. I’d say they’re even otherwise, that would be the deciding factor.

Last edited:
Reactions: bac2therac
Team B is Rutgers

Team A i think is PSU.

So between these two I would say RU. H2H - RU 2-0.

Also if the committee does any sort of research, that Temple loss came without two starters.

Reactions: ScarletDave
Thats not how it works

And blind resumes are not a thing

All i see are numbers out of context with no names of the schools they beat

Psst by the way its Oklahoma State and Rutgers

tell me Oklahoma State's high end win....I will wait here. It Iowa State on that road, in fact they swept Iowa State. Their other wins are TCU and WVU

Rutgers won at Purdue, at Northwestern, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan State, 2x Penn State, at Wisconsin. To me its pretty clear who has the better resume

also better put the overall mark which could be at 17-15 after the big 12 tourney which would be a nonstarter.

I believe we went through this last year with Oklahoma or some other school from Big 12 only one or two games above .500.

Can’t make a solid pick by grouping Q 1+2 together. Not only the committee doesn’t do that, but they even separate Q1 into “high Q1” games (top 15 net) and weight that a lot (according to Brad Watchel on Aaron Breitman’s podcast this week) … so unless you include that metric, can’t make a clean call between these 2. I’d say they’re even otherwise, that would be the deciding factor.

tell me Oklahoma State's high end win....I will wait here. It Iowa State on that road, in fact they swept Iowa State. Their other wins are TCU and WVU

Rutgers won at Purdue, at Northwestern, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan State, 2x Penn State, at Wisconsin. To me its pretty clear who has the better resume

also better put the overall mark which could be at 17-15 after the big 12 tourney which would be a nonstarter.

I believe we went through this last year with Oklahoma or some other school from Big 12 only one or two games above .500.
Iowa St it 20th in NET. For context Ok St has 3 top 25 NET wins. Rutgers has 1.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT