ADVERTISEMENT

Who’s R quarterback ?

ScarletDave

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2010
1 month until the season. What’s our roster, and what are the predictions for the depth chart at this spot? Who starts? What separates who from who? Frosh? Transfer? Sitkowski?

Very good question as I basically have no idea who is even in the mix at this point.

Maybe wishful thinking but I'm still hoping Sitkowski can become a player.

Reactions: RUChoppin
If it is Sitkowski than we aren't an improved offense. Some of you defend him to the end of the earth with one excuse after another. I'm guessing because he is from NJ. Obviously there is physical talent there but he has never put it together since his Senior year at IMG where he was benched. His best for Rutgers was the first 3 quarters of the BC game. Other than that just terrible.
We need someone who can energize the offense and at the very minimum eliminate the constant 3 and outs that have plagued RU for years now.

If it is Sitkowski than we aren't an improved offense. Some of you defend him to the end of the earth with one excuse after another. I'm guessing because he is from NJ. Obviously there is physical talent there but he has never put it together since his Senior year at IMG where he was benched. His best for Rutgers was the first 3 quarters of the BC game. Other than that just terrible.
We need someone who can energize the offense and at the very minimum eliminate the constant 3 and outs that have plagued RU for years now.
Hoping he becomes a player is not akin to defending him to the end of the earth.

He's a RS sophomore, he might never be a player, but no need to write him off either.

Sitowski really only played in one game last year and looked pretty solid in that outing against BC. If only the defense would’ve showed up that day.

We’re not in terrible shape at QB if the worst case scenerio is him. The bigger question is going to be the OL. If we can’t block we won’t be able to move the chains no matter who plays QB.

In all fairness to Sitkowski, our porous Offensive Line limited his development. Any QB can only take so many hits before their confidence begins to wane. Sitkowski, then decided to sit during the season because the situation with Ash gone and Coach Nunzio was unknown. I am willing to see if Sitkowski can make a comeback with a more stout O Line.

Hoping he becomes a player is not akin to defending him to the end of the earth.

He's a RS sophomore, he might never be a player, but no need to write him off either.
But Jon Lewis, Flacco, etc were written off for a lot less. Hopefully Vedral will earn the starting spot.

I am rooting for Sitkowski, but what I remember about the BC game is that a lot of the completions were dump offs to Blackshear. Looked it up, Blackshear had 9 receptions for 130 yards that day. To put it in context, Pacheco had 13 receptions for 83 yards on the entire season. Sitkowski really benefited from the threat out of the backfield that day and hopefully we can find someone to fill that role more consistently next season. Though looking at the box score, several of the WR's also had productive days, so maybe Sitkowski had a better day than I remembered.

Apparently some people don't believe that 18/19 year old athletes are able to get any better or progress. I'm hoping to see improvement overall on offense under Gleeson.

Art had a pretty decent game as a true Freshman with a suspect supporting cast out at Wisconsin in 2018.... At least we were somewhat "in" that game.

20 for 39...
261 Yds
1 TD 0 INT

Reactions: thegock
You can’t say “, if Sitkowski is the QB we aren’t an improved offense “...they said the same about Nova who they jerked around also... we would have killed to have the Gary Nova( the past 2 years)... in his senior year warts and all and yes the loss against PSU sucked but Nova had decent stats and a decent Oline.... Art Sitkowski will be a 3rd year junior with sophomore eligibility ... I’m going to sit back and watch what I think will be a great competition... Vedral and Snyder make the room much different... Still think Langan moves to TE or possibly LB at some point...should see many arguments on who got screwed.

Apparently some people don't believe that 18/19 year old athletes are able to get any better or progress. I'm hoping to see improvement overall on offense under Gleeson.
He's 20. Played 14 games in two seasons. His stats are
174 comp, 341 attempts 52.2% comp
1587 yards 5 TDs 20 INT

We have been tortured with Interceptions since Gary Turnova. PSU game, Kent State game, Va Tech bowl game. All gut wrenching losses where Gary threw 5, 6, and 5 INTS. Sitkowski I can’t believe that stat, 5 TDs 20 INTS!?!? That has to be the biggest change. For that alone have to play Vedral

He's 20. Played 14 games in two seasons. His stats are
174 comp, 341 attempts 52.2% comp
1587 yards 5 TDs 20 INT
My point is and it appears the boards as well that Sitkowski ( because a lack of talent on hand ) was by simple numbers named QB as a frosh and also as some added hype to a moribund program at the time... 4 star talent... size...and could make all the deep throws... learning the short game was lacking and so was the ability of our receiving core to hold on to the football. Art has had several decent games. He was rushed and never given the proper coaching so we will see. If nothing else this player has 3 years remaining after this past pandemic year. Two for sure. Would have loved to have had a real OC such as Gleason or Fridge... remember what Nova said about had Fridge been there at the start his frosh year. The most QB talent in the past 5-6 years.

We have been tortured with Interceptions since Gary Turnova. PSU game, Kent State game, Va Tech bowl game. All gut wrenching losses where Gary threw 5, 6, and 5 INTS. Sitkowski I can’t believe that stat, 5 TDs 20 INTS!?!? That has to be the biggest change. For that alone have to play Vedral
And where does Nova stand statistically at Rutgers and what is his overall record? I’m waiting...

Reactions: satnom
BTW: Nova’s career minus his outrageous torture games you suggest...9238 yards... 55% completion average...2011 1500 yards as a frosh.... 2000 + yards 2012-13-14... if you knew anything Rutgers but you and some others don’t have a clue...73 career TD’s...QB rating 129...when you think you want to discuss Rutgers ... ask someone who has some actual knowledge on the subject.

Blackshear when he played was very good and could have been better here under Greg... but he was a captain and quit on his team... I ‘m sure he knew he would need to really show his team he made a mistake in order for Schiano to keep him on... Blackshear made his bed ...

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Blackshear when he played was very good and could have been better here under Greg... but he was a captain and quit on his team... I ‘m sure he knew he would need to really show his team he made a mistake in order for Schiano to keep him on... Blackshear made his bed ...

now he is a back-up at V-Tech.

Oh and just for kicks... total wins vs losses during Nova ‘s career on the Banks 32-20 ... so yes, he had some stinker games but also some great ones but those you don’t recall...Bowl game MVP...BigEast Championship...overall a fighter all the way and he NEVER stopped playing.

Is that article on NJ.com, because I don't see anything.
There was no article that specifically states they are both “high “ on Vedral over Sitkowski or Snyder or Langan. When he accepted out of the portal the scuttlebutt was he was viewed as a good possibility to be the QB at Rutgers. He wasn’t all that at Nebraska.How should we say Fake News.

There was no article that specifically states they are both “high “ on Vedral over Sitkowski or Snyder or Langan. When he accepted out of the portal the scuttlebutt was he was viewed as a good possibility to be the QB at Rutgers. He wasn’t all that at Nebraska.How should we say Fake News.
Don't you think he came off the Portal because no P5 team came a knocking on his door? I do.

Reactions: Knightmoves
Can't agree with this more. Vedral's highlights look very good and if he's healthy I assume he starts. AS is simply not a starting 1A QB and maybe not a starting 1AA QB (still like the old acronyms better).

ADVERTISEMENT