ADVERTISEMENT

Who do we have a chance with in top 150 rivals

Ruthinking

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 7, 2011
i don't follow bball recruiting very closely. I know we landed #93 in Doucoure and that we're out with Naz Reid. Can anyone tell me who in the top 150 we still have a realistic shot with? Thanks

#101 Montez Mathis
#80 Vance Jackson (2016 class, transfer)

There are other people that we are pursuing that are in the top 150 like Vladir Manuel and Jalen Carey, but I don't think we have a realistic shot at any of them.

Reactions: Ruthinking
Jalen Carey has Rutgers in his top 10, FWIW.

We're still in play (to varying degrees) with Isaiah Mucius (Doucoure PSA Cardinal teammate), Luther Muhammad (unlikely), Matthue Cotton as well. We've offered a bunch of others as well.

Personal opinon:

Vance Jackson - Not getting him
Mathis - Good shot, his recruiting is on the up and up but he seems to like us.

Otherwise inside the top 150 i do not see us pulling anyone. At least this year. Personal opinon.

It seems really hard to follow until these good players cut their lists down to top 3 or 4. There's a bunch of offers I've read about not only for 2018 but also 2019 which gets impacted by decisions for next year. I'm sure the coaches head is spinning with all potential combinations of players? The top schools close on players early but I think the majority have to wait.

We've been out of the friggin game so long that we didn't even bother requesting information on recruits. It's refreshing just to be back in business.

Reactions: Scarlet Shack
I hope our back up to Mathis is Tavon Jones. I dont know why we havent extended. Would love a local kid like that.

edit: his offer list sucks. Top 150 player/4 star. I dont get it. Think wed have him in the bag.

Last edited:
I hope our back up to Mathis is Tavon Jones. I dont know why we havent extended. Would love a local kid like that.

edit: his offer list sucks. Top 150 player/4 star. I dont get it. Think wed have him in the bag.
Does he have any off the court issues or academic problems?

Jalen Carey has Rutgers in his top 10, FWIW.

We're still in play (to varying degrees) with Isaiah Mucius (Doucoure PSA Cardinal teammate), Luther Muhammad (unlikely), Matthue Cotton as well. We've offered a bunch of others as well.
Top 3 is when you have a real shot at landing a kid. Don't waste your time or get your hopes up for a top 10 list.

Does he have any off the court issues or academic problems?

That im uncertain about i know their coach runs a tight ship and the kid has balled out against the top teams in our area.

ADVERTISEMENT