ADVERTISEMENT

Who do you want to be in 5 years

RU72

All American
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
Similar NET. Similar recruiting successes. Similar postseason.
Illinois
Villanova
Wisconsin
Seton Hall
Cuse

Or pick another

Nova and Wisconsin are typically NCAA teams....Wisconsin is 20 out of last 21 years, Nova since their dip a decade ago, has been locked in since the break up of the Big East losing ND, Cuse, Pitt, BC, Louisville etc

Illinois since hiring Underwood and Antigua, will be recruiting sharks

Seton Hall and Cuse are wild cards but winning programs (over. 500) 9 out of 10 years and should be at the bubble or right in, most seasons.

The question is whether RU can hover at a 20-11, 19- 12, 18-13 range most years.

It sounds silly but the CBB season really has figured out things unlike CFB, which has been ruined by the playoff.....CFB used to be the best, when you had 50 bowl games and 25 programs went into their offseason with a win that good feeling.

CBB has 68 programs that feel a sense of accomplishment and another 24 to 32 in the NIT, are close enough by a couple of games or couple of basketball games from feeling like they can make the dance.

Nova and Wisconsin are typically NCAA teams....Wisconsin is 20 out of last 21 years, Nova since their dip a decade ago, has been locked in since the break up of the Big East losing ND, Cuse, Pitt, BC, Louisville etc

Illinois since hiring Underwood and Antigua, will be recruiting sharks

Seton Hall and Cuse are wild cards but winning programs (over. 500) 9 out of 10 years and should be at the bubble or right in, most seasons.

The question is whether RU can hover at a 20-11, 19- 12, 18-13 range most years.

It sounds silly but the CBB season really has figured out things unlike CFB, which has been ruined by the playoff.....CFB used to be the best, when you had 50 bowl games and 25 programs went into their offseason with a win that good feeling.

CBB has 68 programs that feel a sense of accomplishment and another 24 to 32 in the NIT, are close enough by a couple of games or couple of basketball games from feeling like they can make the dance.
Way to may a stance lol. (Kidding)

Less specific.

Want to not be bottom in the Big Ten for 3pt shooting.

Same as football: want to not be bottom of the Big Ten in yards per game.

Modern sports are here - sorry old people.

• Haha
Reactions: red sail
Less specific.

Want to not be bottom in the Big Ten for 3pt shooting.

Same as football: want to not be bottom of the Big Ten in yards per game.

Modern sports are here - sorry old people.
You made a couple of good points to start, but then you conclude by being insulting. Whatever you define as “old” you’ll be there sooner than you think. Oh, and many of these old fogeys have been pretty damn loyal fans and donors over the years.

You made a couple of good points to start, but then you conclude by being insulting. Whatever you define as “old” you’ll be there sooner than you think. Oh, and many of these old fogeys have been pretty damn loyal fans and donors over the years.

Haha. I know.
I love the old timers around here.

I’m amazed at how passionate and into the program everyone is.

Reactions: RUPete
If this is the high peak as many here have said , incoming recruits stink . We are looking like a northwestern program in 5 years .

I have always cited Wisconsin as an athletics program that we would want to emulate even before we got the B1G invite.
I did too and still do BUT (and that’s a BIG but for a reason) I do not want to be the Wisky fanbase. 👎

Very disappointed at what I saw up close and personal.

I did too and still do BUT (and that’s a BIG but for a reason) I do not want to be the Wisky fanbase. 👎

Very disappointed at what I saw up close and personal.
Agree. And we never have to be like the fan base, just want the consistent results of the athletic program.

Agree. And we never have to be like the fan base, just want the consistent results of the athletic program.
Was so excited that Wisconsin was finally going to be here and then...ugh. All the bad midwestern stereotypes showed up. LOL

I want to be RU in 5 years....and I want RU to be better than any other schools mentioned in OP. Let‘s stop trying to emulate others and build our own thing.

Villanova because or the ability to attract top tier recruits from New Jersey and surrounding states.

It’s 2021 folks ... in 5 years I want to be a girl (and be an all American in the shot put). Then I’ll try being a gender neutral motivational speaker, followed by being an Asian community activist, and then maybe a cross-dressing organic apple farmer in Oregon. Then I’ll retire as me, just a plain old privileged white dude I can be ANYTHING I want, right 😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT