ADVERTISEMENT

Who doesn't love kicking PSU's ass? Wow!

RU848789

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Metuchen, NJ
65-45 drubbing, holding a good shooting PSU to 33% shooting and 4-26 from deep (15%) - sure some of that was just shooting poorly as some were open, but most were contested and we gave them nothing inside. So connected on defense and we won by 20 with Cam having another off night (on both ends of the foor, but he'll bounce back).

And on offense, we played decently, going right to Cliff early on, as there was nobody to match him and he ended up with 16/10 and 3 blocks, including mostly good FT shooting and making most of his 8-10 footers - really nice to see him snap out of his 35% FG stretch the last 4 games with a 6-7 effort. Mulcahy was also good, especially inside with his magic pivot foot, scoring 12 and getting 5 boards and 6 assists and a steal and only 1 TO. McConnell with 10/7/2 and Mag with 8/7/1 and 2 steals with both playing their usual smothering defense.

However, the star of the game was the oft-maligned Hyatt, who had a bad first half, but scored 14 in the 2nd half, including two dagger treys and a great dunk (on a great seal by Cliff) and he played good D too. Simpson, Woolfolk and Miller didn't shine, but that's ok. Great game plan, too, by the staff and I assume the crowd was loud (doesn't come through on TV - couldn't make it tonight).

14-6/6-3 and all alone in 2nd place in the B1G. While we can't count our chickens before they hatch, I'm thinking a lot more about seeding than making the tourney.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore/_/gameId/401484912

How many turnovers did they have? Listening to Gio's podcast he said they had the least number of turnovers @8.5/game I'm thinking we caused a lotorw than that tonight

Reactions: RU848789
How many turnovers did they have? Listening to Gio's podcast he said they had the least number of turnovers @8.5/game I'm thinking we caused a lotorw than that tonight
Actually, only 7 TOs for PSU, but we outrebounded them 43-26 and scored almost all of our points in the paint, which is why their coach was calling his players soft.

Reactions: MrsScrew
As Mrs. Screw has said: Every time Penn State loses an angel gets his/her wings.

Reactions: Scangg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT